Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Search
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Hockey Forums
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... General Hockey Chat
 MALKIN & the Penguins Allow Anonymous Users Reply to This Topic...
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

I HATE CROSBY
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
538 Posts

Posted - 05/19/2008 :  11:11:16  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Alright, I am getting sick of watching sportsnet, sportscenter, CBC and obviously NBC and hearing that stupid phrase "Crosby and the Penguins"......I think most people around now realize that Malkin is the most talented/valuable player on that team...Sid has (at best) Marginal goal scoring abilities, while Malkin is second to only Ovi for goal scoaring prowess....If the Pens dumb-ass coach put malkin on the top line instead of that dirty facial hair peice of garbage, I guarantee the Pens would be even better...

I have one theory why the phrase is "sid and the pens"..Because I'm watching Canadian channels(or an American channel), and we here in Canada have a severe confidence problem, and need the Canadian to be the MVP....So you can obviously understand why I was jumping out of mmy seat in joy when Russia beat Canada yesterday

Sugar Ray over Hasek any day!

Datsyuk 1
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
333 Posts

Posted - 05/19/2008 :  11:20:10  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I kinda agree on you with the "Sidney and the Penguins". They shouldn't even say "Malkin and the Penguins". One player doesn't make up a team, not even two also no way should he put Malkin on the first line instead of Crosby because Malkin has played with Malone and Sykora all year and they have great chemistry together. Also Crosby, Hossa and Dupuis are another very good line.

Edited by - Datsyuk 1 on 05/19/2008 11:21:00
Go to Top of Page

Gostarsgo12
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
437 Posts

Posted - 05/19/2008 :  11:52:53  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I look at Crosby and Malkin as very equal out on the ice. Crosby doesn't have the scoring touch that Malkin has but is better playmaker. When I watch the pens Crosby is always the hardest worker on the ice. He battles in the corners and uses skill to create scoring chances. Malkin on the other hand makes it look so easy deking around dmen and scoring a beauty goal. There both very different but both help make the others around them better. Along with Hossa and a bunch of solid forwards offensively and defensively, Gonchar and a defence that hasn't got enough credit, along with Fleury a very young great goalie. So I agree with Datsyuk this team shouldn't just be called Malkin and the Penguins or Crosby and the Penguins. There just the Penguins.

Stars for the Cup!

Edited by - Gostarsgo12 on 05/19/2008 11:54:43
Go to Top of Page

Guest7652
( )

Posted - 05/19/2008 :  13:12:30  Reply with Quote
Well said Gostarsgo but I still think that Crosby and Malkin are close when it comes to who is the better playmaker. Crosby does work harder, Malkin looks sometimes like he is disinterested.
Go to Top of Page

fat_elvis_rocked
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
902 Posts

Posted - 05/19/2008 :  13:59:52  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
uhhh..wow....not sure if you've looked at the numbers or not...uhhm Crosby missed 29 games due to injury, my point being not only would he have outscored Malkin, but Malkin's role would have been lessened, which would have had to have an effect on his point totals. No denying Malkin's skills, but really if you stop and put your obvious?.. :), bias aside, the Pens are Crosby's team. Hockey needs a face to further the Bettman plan of expansion, and Crosby better suits the role than Malkin.
More importantly, in my opinion, Crosby brings heart and passion, that is a huge intangible that Malkin could use a bit more of, Ovechkin he is not, in that regard. And regarding our? need as Canadians to enhance our hockey confidence?, I think we do just fine as is and if you choose to stand up and cheer at any Canadian loss, the confidence issue may be closer to home than a national thing. If you go back over the last 10 years or so, our hockey identity is just fine.
Go to Top of Page

Beans15

Canada
8286 Posts

Posted - 05/19/2008 :  15:25:05  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Malkin on pretty much any other team in the league would be the top dog. The reason that they go with Crosby is for two reasons, he is the golden boy no doubt, but Crosby doesn't take a shift off. I personally think that Malkin is a better all around player than Crosby, but Malkin has had games where he had given up.

Although I am not a huge Crosby fan, I do give him that. I have never personally watched the kid play where he had taken a night or a shift off.

Go to Top of Page

fly4apuckguy
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
834 Posts

Posted - 05/19/2008 :  17:06:33  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Six months away from this board, and the first one back, I see IHC is still up to his old tricks. Should have listened to me in the fall, IHC. You called him a whiner, but soon he'll have a new name for you to call him...Stanley Cup Champion!

Even if they don't win, I find it hilarious that no matter what he does, how many points he gets, how well he leads his team in the playoffs, you'll always hate on him.

I bet you love the fact Malkin came along and had a great year so that you could compare him to a teammate, now.

Best player in the league. Has been for a couple of years, will be for the next decade....Sidney Crosby.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page