Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Search
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Hockey Forums
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... General Hockey Chat
 Kings Fire Murray Allow Anonymous Users Reply to This Topic...
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Ryan Harper
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
322 Posts

Posted - 03/22/2006 :  09:16:34  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
With 12 games left I guess the Kings are hoping for a last ditch effort to make the playoffs. Dave Taylor admitted it was strange to fire the coach of a team that is 9 games above .500 but I think the way the league is now there are so many other ways to get points without winning, a teams winning percentage is not as important as it used to be. The Kings have been struggling, not to mention all the injuries to their top players. I think they are done.

Check out the article:
http://www.pickuphockey.com/hockeynews.aspx?article=h032221A

leigh

Canada
1755 Posts

Posted - 03/22/2006 :  15:12:50  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Obviously there are other issues behind the scenes because Murray is known as a good coach and his record is decent as you say. The team on paper probably should have performed a little better in the second half but they are still firmly in the hunt. I disagree with the timing, seems unprofessional to me. That's why I think there were other issues involved that the media is not privy to.
Go to Top of Page

goon
Rookie

Canada
113 Posts

Posted - 03/22/2006 :  22:24:59  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I agree with that. Must be some major problems going on - maybe Taylor knows his job is in jeopardy as well and this was his only shot at making the playoffs.
Go to Top of Page

pucker
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
398 Posts

Posted - 03/23/2006 :  09:32:34  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Murray's record this year is great but the team just stopped playing for him. This is one team that can forget about the playoffs.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page