Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Search
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Hockey Forums
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... Trades and Rumors
 Edm/Fla Allow Anonymous Users Reply to This Topic...
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Guest4680
( )

Posted - 05/25/2008 :  15:43:34  Reply with Quote
Raffi Torres, Jaret Stoll, Ladislav Smid and ANA 1st 08

for

Olli Jokinen, and FLA 2nd 08

Why?

Edmonton receives:

top talent and all star Olli Jokinen

Florida receives:

Jaret Stoll who had an off year, but is still a great player to help rebuild a team around

Raffi Torres a potential power forward who had an off year as well, but has proven to be a great even strength performer and gives some much needed grit and toughness to Florida's lineup.

Ladislav Smid very good physical defensive prospect

and a late first round draft pick

Florida could then go after UFA Daymond Langkow, Brendon Morrison, or perhaps RFA Antoine Vermette.

After the trade Edmonton would have quite a few options with Olli in the lineup, and could even experiment with him on LW as well. Many believe there isn't any room for Olli sallarywise, however with the cap going up, and the importance of the center position, having Gagner, Horcoff, and Olli centering 3 lines, your pretty much garanteed to have 3-4 dangerous lines.

Edmonton Option 1

Penner-Jokinen-Hemsky
Nillson-Gagner-Cogliano
Moreau-Horcoff-Pisani
Glencross-Brodziak-Stortini

PB: Reasoner, Pouliot, Schremp

Edmonton Option 2

Penner-Horcoff-Hemsky
Nillson-Jokinen-Gagner
Moreau-Cogliano-Pisani
Glencross-Brodziak-Stortini

PB: Reasoner, Pouliot, Schremp

Edmonton Option 3

Jokinen-Horcoff-Hemsky
Nillson-Gagner-Cogliano
Penner-Reasoner/Pouliot-Pisani
Moreau-Brodziak-Stortini/Glencross (if resigned)

Datsyuk 1
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
333 Posts

Posted - 05/26/2008 :  08:09:43  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thats a great trade for both sides I don't care about Florida because I'm a Edmonton fan and they got Oli Jokinen and I'm really happy.
Go to Top of Page

Beans15

Canada
8286 Posts

Posted - 05/26/2008 :  13:14:47  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
This is too much of a one sided deal for the Oilers. Stoll had a spark a few years ago but has not been anywhere near the same player since the concussion. Torres could be the worst NHL player in the league today. He don't produce point wise, he take a phenomenal amount of stupid penalties, he is a defensive liability, and he's a head case. That means this trade is really Smid and a draft pick for Jokinen?? Not going to happen.

I would love to see it happen, but I don't think it will.
Go to Top of Page

Guest8820
( )

Posted - 05/26/2008 :  14:00:32  Reply with Quote
The big problem I can see with a deal like this is that the Oilers always have trouble keeping big name players in Edmonton. Do you really think Ollie is going to be happy moving from sunny Florida to cold Edmonton. Also, as much as the Oilers would love to have a superstar like Jokinen; I don't think they will give up Stoll so easily. He may of had a bad season but he brings a lot more to the table then just scoring.
Go to Top of Page

Beans15

Canada
8286 Posts

Posted - 05/26/2008 :  15:43:15  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Guest8820

The big problem I can see with a deal like this is that the Oilers always have trouble keeping big name players in Edmonton. Do you really think Ollie is going to be happy moving from sunny Florida to cold Edmonton. Also, as much as the Oilers would love to have a superstar like Jokinen; I don't think they will give up Stoll so easily. He may of had a bad season but he brings a lot more to the table then just scoring.

Stoll didn't bring anything to the table last year. Not only the scoring (Stoll had 3 less points last year than he did the year before playing 30 more games), but he was also -23 on a better team than the year before. He was down in pretty much every statistically catagory.

I would use Stoll in a trade in a heart beat. He has shown absoutely no signs of returning to his pre-concussion form.
Go to Top of Page

Guest8820
( )

Posted - 05/27/2008 :  13:08:23  Reply with Quote
As a Oilers season ticket holder I will be the first to admit that Stoll had a terrible season; but most players who come off a season ending injury usually do. I can guarantee that Stoll will rebound and the new young Oilers are going to need his veteran experience if they make the playoffs otherwise they will end up like a fish out of water just like the Pens are right now.
Go to Top of Page

Datsyuk 1
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
333 Posts

Posted - 05/27/2008 :  21:13:56  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Oh my god I thought this trade was official, lol. now I'm very very sad !

Edited by - Datsyuk 1 on 05/30/2008 16:16:37
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page