Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Search
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Hockey Forums
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... Trades and Rumors
 Habs must Make a Move Allow Anonymous Users Reply to This Topic...
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Pasty7
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
2312 Posts

Posted - 06/02/2008 :  16:54:26  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
By my logic the habs have to make a splash this off season! I believe asgood as they were this year one piaece falls out and they could drop huge in the standings... we all no how little success the habs have at aquireing free agents and what i;m sugesting is a trade along these lines,,, not nessisarily this eaxactly but something similar...

Alex Kovalev
Micheal Grabowski
Ana 2nd rounder (aquired from was)
for

Jeff Carter
3rd round pick

you have to get rid of kovalev because next year he'll go back to 60 points a year,, now that hes a superstar again i'd give him the boot,,, ad well grobowski reminds me too much of samsonov but not as good gotta get rid of him while gm's stil think hes good!

Pasty

Komisaurus
Top Prospect

Canada
57 Posts

Posted - 06/03/2008 :  05:45:31  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Here's My List Of Potential UFA's & RFA's I Would Like To See With The Habs...***=Primary Objectives

Joe Sakic 37 COL $6,750,000 *** (Leadership and still has ability to compete)

Mats Sundin 36 TOR $5,500,000 *** (leadership, Size and stilla threat)

Chris Kelly 26 OTT $1,262,000 *** (Perfect as a defensive type player)

Daymond Langkow 30 CGY $2,442,000 *** (Becoming a better player with age, 30 + goal scorer 2 years in a row)

Vaclav Prospal 32 PHI $1,900,000 (From cold to hot and back and forth...Year 01-02:55 Pts, 02-03:79 Pts, 03-04:54 Pts, 05-06:80 Pts, 06-07:55 Pts, 07-08:71 Pts...A gamble I would not take)

Either Goalies to back up Price, We should move Halak, as He does not want to remain a back up...Valiquette and Conklin would be perfect, Kolzig would be ok

Olaf Kolzig 37 WAS $5,450,000
Jocelyn Thibault 32 BUF $760,000
Stephen Valiquette 29 NYR $635,000 ***
Ty Conklin 31 PIT $500,000 ***

Markus Naslund 33 VAN $6,000,000

Brendan Shanahan 38 NYR $2,500,000 *** (Aging but still has the grit and talent)

Andrew Brunette 33 COL $1,600,000 *** (not too expensive, Big body, mediocre point producer, veteranship)

Matt Cooke 28 WAS $1,525,000 *** (Gritty Forward!!!Can be used in different situations)

Ryan Malone 27 PIT $1,450,000 *** (Consistent Goal Scorer, maturing and very big body)

Kristian Huselius 28 CGY $1,400,000 *** (very good player but very inconsistent but could come in handy)

Jason Chimera 28 CLB $1,000,000

Pascal Dupuis 28 PIT $880,000 *** (Very good underated 2 way player)

Marian Hossa 28 PIT $7,000,000 *** ( would be a good acquisition but not what we need to win but can be a good piece of the puzzle...too expensive tho)

Pavol Demitra 32 MIN $4,500,000 (Veteran with some scoring prowess, more of a playmaker but could be useful with proper linemates, must take paycut tho)

Brian Rolston 34 MIN $2,432,000 *** ( Excellent pick-up, good veteran with leadership, wicked shot, 30 + goal 3 years in a row, Could quarterback our first or second P.P Unit)

Teemu Selanne 37 ANA $1,500,000 *** ( Love to have him but I doubt Teemu would come to MTL, Would be nice but seems like a Pipe Dream)

Radim Vrbata 26 PHX $1,225,000 ***( gettin into his prime and becoming an all around player...Season high points and goals this year...Only bound to get better, seems like a coin toss that could go either way...1 or 2 year contract to see his value)

As for Restricted Free Agents:

As for these guys, the best option would be to go after teams with high salary caps...Corey Perry and Jeff Carter would be perfect for 3-4 million dollar contract for...As much as i would LOVE to have Mike Green, washington would match almost any offer you shoot at them and same with ryan clowe...

Anaheim: Corey Perry. ***
Edmonton: Joni Pitkanen.
Florida: Jay Bouwmeester.
Nashville: Martin Erat.
Philadelphia: Jeff Carter. ***
San Jose: Ryane Clowe ***
Washington: Mike Green.***

My top picks woul be Jeff Carter/Corey Perry/Brian Rolston/Chris Kelly/Matt Cooke we obvously wouldnt be able to get everyone but some would help and even make a trade for a player like Marleau and Jokinen

Go to Top of Page

Gostarsgo12
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
437 Posts

Posted - 06/03/2008 :  06:44:23  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I don't know Pasty Kovalev had a great season and really clicked with linemates Plekanec and Kostitsyn. Those 2 are just going to keep getting better and with Kovalev on there line I don't think he'll drop in points. Even if the trade did go through i think Montreal if giving up way too much. Grabovski who will more playing time this year will progress and theres no need to trade a prospect and your best player for a guy who I think lacks consistency. Look at Toronto, trade all there good prospects like a guy like Boyes and now look what happened. Thats a real shot in the gut there.
Go to Top of Page

SuperSakic
Rookie

Canada
192 Posts

Posted - 06/03/2008 :  12:05:20  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
For Trades I would go for:
--------------------------------
Kovalev, Grabovski, and 1st rounder
for
Gaborik

or

Ryder, Chipchura, and 4nd rounder for Eric Cole

or

Anyone on the Habs for Vinny L.

For UFA signings I would go for:
---------------------------------
1. Straka
2. Hossa
3. Campbell
4. Rozsival
5. Sundin
6. Rolston
7. Huselius
8. Jagr
9. Demitra
10. Stuart (Brad)
Go to Top of Page

Pasty7
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
2312 Posts

Posted - 06/03/2008 :  16:21:25  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Gostarsgo12

I don't know Pasty Kovalev had a great season and really clicked with linemates Plekanec and Kostitsyn. Those 2 are just going to keep getting better and with Kovalev on there line I don't think he'll drop in points. Even if the trade did go through i think Montreal if giving up way too much. Grabovski who will more playing time this year will progress and theres no need to trade a prospect and your best player for a guy who I think lacks consistency. Look at Toronto, trade all there good prospects like a guy like Boyes and now look what happened. Thats a real shot in the gut there.

i really think Grabovski is a gutter player and i have little to no faith in his playing ability and even less in his atittude,, i hope you're right but kovy because they surly won't move him,, but for a guy with jeff carter's futur they'd be gone in a second if i were gm,,, jeff carter has all the makeings of a great nhl talent a natualy talented player with a matur cool hed great pyhsical precence great on the pp and pk the oly two players of his age group as complete as he is are geztlaf (who lacks the d a bit but it will come) and the most complete young talent in the league and in my mind this years conn smyth winner without question Jordan Staal (ha bet you thought i was gonna say crosby)

Pasty
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page