Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Search
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Hockey Forums
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... General Hockey Chat
 Free Agent Frenzy Allow Anonymous Users Reply to This Topic...
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Guest7652
( )

Posted - 06/28/2008 :  12:31:29  Reply with Quote
With the July 1st just around the corner, I thought I'd create a thread where we can report and discuss signings, deals, offer sheets and waivers.

So anyway how about the ducks waiving Bertuzzi. Of course rumors start flying around that he could come back to Vancouver and the West Coast Express line could make a return but I don't think that will happen at all. People are starting to say that Bertuzzi is nothing better then a 3rd, 4th line role player thats bull. For a big guy Bertuzzi still has great hands and I believe can still make an impact.

Pittsburgh also annouced that they have traded the rights of Malone and Roberts to Tampa. With Malone, Roberts on the way out the pens lose some grit so I wouldn't be surprised to see them look at Tucker or Avery. Hossa also looks like he might not be able to reach an agreement with Shero. It will be interesting to see what Shero does to replace some of these key guys. Do the pens need to be really agressive in the market, will Malkin go to Russia in the next couple years? Whatever happens even with Sid the pens best bet of winning the cup is now.

Gostarsgo12
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
437 Posts

Posted - 06/28/2008 :  12:32:38  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
oops forgot to log in. Guest 7652 is me GSG!
Go to Top of Page

fat_elvis_rocked
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
902 Posts

Posted - 06/29/2008 :  08:27:22  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Why not Bertuzzi in a Pens Uniform? Gives them the tangible qualities they're giving up in Malone and Roberts, but with the potential to pop in 30 - 40 if used with Crosby or Malkin....would be interesting I think.
Go to Top of Page

Pasty7
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
2312 Posts

Posted - 06/29/2008 :  13:40:15  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by fat_elvis_rocked

Why not Bertuzzi in a Pens Uniform? Gives them the tangible qualities they're giving up in Malone and Roberts, but with the potential to pop in 30 - 40 if used with Crosby or Malkin....would be interesting I think.

wow,,,,, i never even thought of that,, it would work,, someone call Shero,, it would give them a player who does have to rebound but because of that they will get him for a bargin,,, but it would be a great fit for mr. buertuzzi

Pasty
Go to Top of Page

Jeremy12
Rookie

Canada
105 Posts

Posted - 06/30/2008 :  17:15:30  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I don't know if it's just me, but has there been alot of trades for players rights of their contract negotiations.
I just noticed that over the last few days, that barley happened at all last season.

[IMG]http://i181.photobucket.com/albums/x49/Jeremy12_24/spezza_sig21.jpg[/IMG]
Go to Top of Page

Gostarsgo12
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
437 Posts

Posted - 07/01/2008 :  10:01:04  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Oilers aquire Cole and Brule. Pitkanen and Torres gone!

Lightning sign Radim Vrbata!

Lightning cleaning up the free agent market anyone else surprised why they haven't picked up any d men.

Cujo returns to Leafs!

Edited by - Gostarsgo12 on 07/01/2008 10:10:16
Go to Top of Page

Beans15

Canada
8286 Posts

Posted - 07/01/2008 :  10:48:16  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I really like the moves the Oilers have made in the past week. They might have the best d-crew in the NW, and near the top in the West with Souray, Vishnovsky, Gilbert, Grebeshkov, Smid, and Staios. And thier forward crew is not to shabby with Hemsky, Horcoff, Cole, Penner, Nilsson, Gagner, Cogliano, Brule. Not too shabby at all.

How about the fact that of what looks like their starting 23 man roster to me, there are only 7 players 30 or older. Young team, solid coaching, no real serious holes.

I think they have moved from fighting for a playoff spot to fighting for the top spot in the NW.

And I don't think Lowe is done yet. I wouldn't be surprised if he moved out Roloson some how, which would leave about $7 million under the cap. He might take a chance on a free agent forward like a Naslund??

Go to Top of Page

lyall
PickupHockey Pro

360 Posts

Posted - 07/01/2008 :  13:10:52  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I adree with you Beans. The Oilers have really tightened up the back end. And with it being contract year for both Roloson & Garon we should expect to a good healthy competition for the number one spot. Eric Cole adds alot of toughness & grit as well as scoring ability to our third line. If he plays with Moreau & Pisani, expect bigger numbers from Pisani and less physical work for Moreau. I don't really know much about Brule, but i think the Oilers should have at least got a 2nd round pick in exchange for Torres.

"I Was So Happy I Gave Kerry Fraser A Hug" -Bill Guerin

Edited by - lyall on 07/01/2008 13:12:40
Go to Top of Page

lyall
PickupHockey Pro

360 Posts

Posted - 07/01/2008 :  13:14:49  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The Colorado Avalanche have signed Darcy Tucker to a two-year, $4.5 million contract. They also singed Andrew Raycroft, Jose Theodore to the Washington Capitals.

"I Was So Happy I Gave Kerry Fraser A Hug" -Bill Guerin
Go to Top of Page

Beans15

Canada
8286 Posts

Posted - 07/01/2008 :  16:24:25  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I can see Eric Cole playing 1st line with Hemsky and Horcoff. Eric Cole is the perfect mentor for Penner as they play a similar style. Without any more action, this is what I see the Oilers line being

Hemsky-Horcoff-Cole
Gagner-Cogliano-Nilsson
Penner-Brule-Moreau
Pisani-Brodziak-Stortini

I think Reasoner is on his way out of town. The third and fourth lines might be jugled from time to time and Penner and Cole may switch roles on occasion as well.

We have to remember that MacTavish is a line roller. He doesn't give a whole lot more time to one line than the others unless they are clicking on a specific night.

I really like the look of the Oilers PP as well, with the first group being Hemksky-Horcoff-Cole
Vishnovsky-Souray

the second group will be

Nilsson-Gagner-Penner
Grebeshkov-Gilbert

But, I still don't think that Lowe is done. I think he might add another forward and another defensemen to the mix some how. Honestly, I would like to see him move Pisani and Staios out and pick up a younger, better puckmoving defenseman to fill in for Staios. Although many call him "steady Steve" he is one of the worst in the league at giving away the puck.

Garon will be #1. If Lowe can move Roloson, he will. I heard that Ottawa was interested, but with them picking up Auld today, I don't see that happening anymore.
Go to Top of Page

Beans15

Canada
8286 Posts

Posted - 07/01/2008 :  17:12:32  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Breaking rumor posted on Sportsnet.ca.

The Oilers are offering in the neighbourhood of $9 million per year for Marian Hossa. Boston is also cited as throwing a 12 year, $100 million offer down for Hossa.

Hossa supposedly has Pitt at the top of his list, but he is testing the market.

Could you imagine how much fun it would be to watch Hemsky, Hossa, and Horcoff on the same line?? Then you follow that up with an angry line of Cole, Penner, and a Pylon. Then throw more speed at it with Cogliano, Gagner, and Nilsson???

WOW!!

Not likely to happen, but it's fun to imagine!
Go to Top of Page

Gostarsgo12
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
437 Posts

Posted - 07/02/2008 :  10:02:10  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Wings sign Hossa

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=242261&lid=headline&lpos=topStory_main

1 year 7.45 million

Edited by - Gostarsgo12 on 07/02/2008 10:53:26
Go to Top of Page

Leafsfan_94
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
1070 Posts

Posted - 07/02/2008 :  10:50:57  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
how long and how much????

too lazy to read the article

this shoudl make a great addition to my wings

quote:
Originally posted by Gostarsgo12

Wings sign Hossa

Leafsfan_94

Go to Top of Page

Gostarsgo12
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
437 Posts

Posted - 07/02/2008 :  10:52:39  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Sean Avery is a star!!!

4 years 15.5 million. A solid pickup for us replaces Hagman. I'm surprised but Iam very happy to see him play for the stars.
Go to Top of Page

Leafsfan_94
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
1070 Posts

Posted - 07/02/2008 :  11:02:46  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
i admit sean avery is porbably the best player out of the bullies in the nhl but i still dont like him after waht he said abotu blakes cancer. but the stars will be a better team with him in the lineup.

Leafsfan_94

Go to Top of Page

99pickles
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
671 Posts

Posted - 07/02/2008 :  12:41:38  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Leafsfan_94

how long and how much????

too lazy to read the article

this shoudl make a great addition to my wings

quote:
Originally posted by Gostarsgo12

Wings sign Hossa

Leafsfan_94

Uhhhh.....you are both a Wings fan and a Leafs fan?????? Impossible, can't be done. Your head will explode!
Go to Top of Page

Leafsfan_94
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
1070 Posts

Posted - 07/02/2008 :  12:45:51  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
no the leafs r my favourtie and the wings are my second favourite

Leafsfan_94

Go to Top of Page

99pickles
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
671 Posts

Posted - 07/02/2008 :  13:03:04  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
As someone who grew up living equi-distant from Detroit and Toronto, I just don't see how it can be possible to be a super-fan of both teams. As a Leafs-fan growing up, my favourite 2 teams were Toronto, and whoever was playing against the Wings that night.
Has the new NHL really ruined this rivalry?? Is hatred of one's rival really a bad thing??
I am incredulous...
Go to Top of Page

Guest2117
( )

Posted - 07/02/2008 :  13:38:56  Reply with Quote
The Red Wings definatley do not need Hossa to compete for a cup again.
They're back to being a huge power house again opposed to being just a power house before. lol
Go to Top of Page

Jeremy12
Rookie

Canada
105 Posts

Posted - 07/02/2008 :  13:40:50  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Opps, that was me, forgot to sign in

[IMG]http://i181.photobucket.com/albums/x49/Jeremy12_24/spezza_sig21.jpg[/IMG]
Go to Top of Page

Leafsfan_94
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
1070 Posts

Posted - 07/02/2008 :  17:47:50  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
im a super fan of the leafs. and then the red wings are my second favourite team and i cheer for them every year when the leafs upset me and miss the playoffs

quote:
Originally posted by 99pickles

As someone who grew up living equi-distant from Detroit and Toronto, I just don't see how it can be possible to be a super-fan of both teams. As a Leafs-fan growing up, my favourite 2 teams were Toronto, and whoever was playing against the Wings that night.
Has the new NHL really ruined this rivalry?? Is hatred of one's rival really a bad thing??
I am incredulous...

Leafsfan_94

Go to Top of Page

leigh

Canada
1755 Posts

Posted - 07/02/2008 :  18:10:57  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Penguins keep Malkin for 5 more years! The Pens gave him a $45.3 million deal. With Hossa out of the picture they had some money avail. Obviously a great move!

more details: http://www.pickuphockey.com/hockeynews.aspx?article=7011487219
Go to Top of Page

Gostarsgo12
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
437 Posts

Posted - 07/02/2008 :  18:34:25  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
TSN is reporting that Kristian Huselius is going to the Blue Jackets for 4 years/4.5 mil

Also heard a rumor Morrison might be going to jackets.
Go to Top of Page

99pickles
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
671 Posts

Posted - 07/02/2008 :  21:18:52  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thank god!! I'm so glad Calgary let Huselius go. He had that one hot streak, I never cared much for his game.
And how about Columbus making some FA noise? Hitchcock's got a team to run next year! Good for them.

Leafsfan_94, I wish you hated the Wings the way Leafs fans did when I was a kid (and vice-versa), it was so enjoyable. I blame the schedule for this. Maybe one day you will hate the Wings as much as I did once
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page