Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Search
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Hockey Forums
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... General Hockey Chat
 Burkes Cup Allow Anonymous Users Reply to This Topic...
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

hockster
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
437 Posts

Posted - 07/10/2008 :  16:40:38  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Poll Question:
Do you think Brian Burke "inherited" his cup?

Choices:

Yes
No

hockster
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
437 Posts

Posted - 07/10/2008 :  16:42:25  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
although i despise the man, i think he added many key components such as selanne and nydermeyer, and you can say there was various reasons on why they came to anaheim, but in the end thats where they came, and burke was the one who got them under contract, he could have just told them to look somewhere else.
Go to Top of Page

99pickles
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
671 Posts

Posted - 07/11/2008 :  02:25:53  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Chris Pronger, Teemu Selanne, Scott Neidermayer, Dustin Penner, Travis Moen, Brad May, George Parros (scraping bottom here lol!), Francois Beauchemin, Todd Marchant, Sean O'Donnell, Richard Jackman (7 playoff games), Shawn Thornton (48 reg season games, 15 playoff games don't forget), Joe DiPenta (76 reg season games, 16 playoff games), Kent Huskins (all 21 playoff games!) Joe Motzko (okay, only 3 playoff games, but still)

10-11 significant players on that cup-winner including the big 3, and 6-8 core guys are all from Burke???
Approximately 15-17 players in total that got their name on that cup that year were his personal pick-ups.That's almost the whole bench, except for the goalies.

Yep - not inherited.

Sorry to those that disagree - keep in mind: I am NOT a Ducks fan, I am just looking at the stats and info. Just admit it - he simply didn't inherit a cup champion. As much as you may hate the guy, facts are facts
Go to Top of Page

Guest4043
( )

Posted - 07/12/2008 :  21:48:02  Reply with Quote
he had a great core to work with but he also added some good depth to the team. Never underestimate Burke's ability to motivate.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page