Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Search
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Hockey Forums
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... Trades and Rumors
 Chicago , L.A , Ottawa Huge deal!! Allow Anonymous Users Reply to This Topic...
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Pasty7
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
2312 Posts

Posted - 07/17/2008 :  16:47:13  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The Ottawa sun is report the Senators Black Hawks and Kings are very close to landing a blockbuster three way deal or as us french Canadiens put it a monage a trois,,, to Ottwa Nik Khabibulin , To Chi town Anze Kopitar to the kings Andre Mezaros and Marty Gerber, they were saying the question mark is that Chicago would have to throw in either Cam Barker or Brent Seabrook ,,, i think this trade works for all three team extremly well what do you think

Pasty

Leafs Rock Planet
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
902 Posts

Posted - 07/17/2008 :  17:34:32  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Why in the world would LA be giving up Anze Kopitar, a rising superstar to be, in exchange for basically Andrei Meszaros and Martin Gerber.

Ottawa's end of the deal seems fair that is if Khabibulin can return to his old ways.

But, this is a brilliant move for Chicago. Khabibulin was probably going to back up Huet anyways and to get Kopitar in exchange is just one heck of a deal. The only problem is the throwing in of a young defenceman.

Pasty7
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
2312 Posts

Posted - 07/17/2008 :  18:03:09  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Leafs Rock Planet

Why in the world would LA be giving up Anze Kopitar, a rising superstar to be, in exchange for basically Andrei Meszaros and Martin Gerber.

Ottawa's end of the deal seems fair that is if Khabibulin can return to his old ways.

But, this is a brilliant move for Chicago. Khabibulin was probably going to back up Huet anyways and to get Kopitar in exchange is just one heck of a deal. The only problem is the throwing in of a young defenceman.

the young d men would be going to the kings though not to the sens sorry i didn;t make that clear,, so in essence L.A would be building a strong defensive team the article is on sportsnet,ca im to lazy to post the link

Pasty
Go to Top of Page

99pickles
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
671 Posts

Posted - 07/18/2008 :  01:00:24  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Here's what I posted about this the day before yesterday:

Posted - 07/16/2008 : 14:35:57

"This 3 team deal we keep hearing the rumours about ....Ottawa should have put it together with Emery instead of Gerber....kill 2 birds with one stone. And of course, get something different back from Chicago than Khabiboulin, if they were keeping Gerber."

I thought this was old news...

I think LA is insane to engage in this deal - unless they want a decent goalie badly. I'm just not sure I would be willing to give up Kopitar for it. And as much as I love Khabiboulin, I am not convinced that he is that much of an upgrade over Gerber especially at the expense of a Meszaros!

Not good for Ottawa (as mentioned above)... good for your specific needs (goalie)if you're LA... great if you're Chi-town (dumping Bulin's salary, getting an amazing Kopitar, only losing 1 young d-man in the process).

This rumour has been going around for many days....but now that Emery has signed in Russia, I don't think this is in the works anymore.
Go to Top of Page

Open_Ice
Rookie

Canada
109 Posts

Posted - 07/21/2008 :  07:12:00  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The trade rumour...

To Ottawa: Khabibulin and Seabrook or Barker
To Los Angeles: Gerber and Meszaros
To Chicago: Anze Kopitar

This has changed around a lot recently seeing as the trade has not been done yet -other names included at times were vermette and sharp.

It looks like if this deal happens the senators would try to get seabrook and then trade Chris Neil for Cam Barker...

Could be a win-win-win situation like the Sun said but clearly one of the teams isnt sold on the idea yet... (LA?)

heres the main article:
http://winnipegsun.com/Sports/Hockey/2008/07/16/6169151-sun.html
Go to Top of Page

Crippled Monkeys
Top Prospect

10 Posts

Posted - 12/16/2008 :  15:21:44  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
It would be nice for Chi. to give Huet the pressure of being the guranteed no. 1 goalie and see how he performs. he has been turning his game around lately. The only thing I see wrong is taking on Kopitar's salary which will be 6.8mil for the next 7yrs. You have to keep Versteeg who is an RFA next year and with Toews and Kane up for free-agency the next year (you know they will get big $$$) With the cap only getting smaller it appears would you want almost 14mil tied up in two players with one of them being Kopitar or would you rather have that money going to two more promising young players? I know Havlat's salary will probably be gone next year which frees up quite a bit, but still.
Go to Top of Page

Guest4400
( )

Posted - 12/16/2008 :  22:36:25  Reply with Quote
if i were LA i wouldn't want to give up kopitar so quick either. he's one of their best players and for two washed up losers i dont think so. LA is loosing out
Go to Top of Page

Guest2192
( )

Posted - 12/17/2008 :  05:41:21  Reply with Quote
Mezaros doesnt play for Ottawa
Go to Top of Page

Pasty7
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
2312 Posts

Posted - 12/17/2008 :  07:11:35  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote: