Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Search
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Hockey Forums
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... Trades and Rumors
 If i were Bob Gainey Allow Anonymous Users Reply to This Topic...
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Pasty7
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
2312 Posts

Posted - 12/11/2008 :  13:30:29  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Ok it's been a while since we have had a good game on this site here's a simple one state the following "If I were __________________" followed by the name of a GM, Coach or Owner, they put up what you would do to improve your club, hopefully this will Generate some discussion on our pretend moves.

If i were Bob Gainey, i would be trying to move some of our young D men for Jay Bowmester, the habs have far to many young players who will be ready for the nhl next season and there simply is just not enough room on the big club i would offer florida something like ,,, Fisher, O'byrn and Lantendress for Jay and a throw in,,,,, now if Florida wants more i would go as far as to offer Ben Maxwell or Chipchura,,, this would bolster an already very good defense help the habs struggling power play and Florida would get three very solid young players still under contract for a player they will lose next season anyway

Pasty

Canucks Man
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
1547 Posts

Posted - 12/11/2008 :  16:01:21  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good one Pasty.
If I were Len Barrie and Oren Koules I would bring back John Tortorella because the rest of there coachs can not seem to get the job done. At least with Tortorella the best players preformed to there best and maybe he could get Stamkos going.

CANUCKS RULE!!!
Go to Top of Page

Guest0611
( )

Posted - 12/11/2008 :  16:11:11  Reply with Quote
if i were bryan murray i'd try and trade either
vermette for leopold
or... vermette, donovan, shannon, and a few picks for jay bouwmeester

Go to Top of Page

leigh

Canada
1755 Posts

Posted - 12/11/2008 :  17:10:21  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
If I were Darryl Sutter I would try to find out a way to teach the Flames some killer instinct.

How many times this year have they given up leads??? It has to be the most in the league??? Dirves me crazy!
Go to Top of Page

DangleFest89
Rookie

122 Posts

Posted - 12/11/2008 :  17:34:57  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Amazing topic by the way

If I were Craig Mactavish, I would resign lol jk. I would continue with the devolpment of the kids, change the defensive gameplay into more of an offensive Montreals team style where you finish the check no matter how big or small you are. Although this might take time, skill wise it would be worth it. Also keep Schremp make Cogs back into a winger make Gags center Make Garon#1 cut Pisani Roli and Staios
Go to Top of Page

Beans15

Canada
8286 Posts

Posted - 12/11/2008 :  18:15:27  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
If I were any GM in the league, I would be way smarter than anyone on this site!!!

Kidding

If I were any GM in the league, I would be making preparations for a reduced salary cap in 2010-11 and ensure I have a strong crop of draft picks and not many(if any at all) salaries over $5 million a season.
Go to Top of Page

Pasty7
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
2312 Posts

Posted - 12/11/2008 :  18:27:36  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Beans15

If I were any GM in the league, I would be way smarter than anyone on this site!!!

Kidding

If I were any GM in the league, I would be making preparations for a reduced salary cap in 2010-11 and ensure I have a strong crop of draft picks and not many(if any at all) salaries over $5 million a season.

this is true the cap will very likely be as low as 50 million next season,,, a lot of superstars who signed long term deals for big bucks are going to be forced to carry their teams without much of a supporting cast,,, this will continu to push the youth movement young players at affordable costs coming into their own

Pasty
Go to Top of Page

Beans15

Canada
8286 Posts

Posted - 12/11/2008 :  19:39:16  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
So far, the NHL is not predicting a signifcant drop in the cap for next year. Something to do with 70% of the revenues are collected ahead of time. They are predicting the same cap for next year.

However, the following year will more than likely painful. Some serious corporate sponsers may not even be around by that time.

Wouldn't be surprised to see a team or two relocated or folded all together as well.
Go to Top of Page

tbar
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
376 Posts

Posted - 12/12/2008 :  06:44:50  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
If I were Sutter I would fire Kean and take over the Calgary bench again to get my team bavk to the old ways.
Go to Top of Page

Guest8820
( )

Posted - 12/12/2008 :  08:17:37  Reply with Quote
The old ways of what? Not winning the cup. You don't need Sutter for that.

If I were Tamballini, I would fire MacT and hire someone who's plays aren't the most predictible in the NHL...(Hemsky to Souray - shoot it wide, Hemsky to Horcoff - wiff on the one-timer, everyone else - bust your butt on the boards and then give up the puck, lather-rinse-repeat)
Go to Top of Page

Guest4735
( )

Posted - 12/12/2008 :  10:41:24  Reply with Quote
If I was Lemieux I would start bringing in more younger players because there is no way he is keeping all the Free Agents he has or will have.
Go to Top of Page

Matt_Roberts85
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
936 Posts

Posted - 12/12/2008 :  10:49:10  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
If I was George Gillette I would fire Bob Gainey and hire JFJ. Then we could all have a big laugh together...

There is no "I" in team, but there is an "M" and an "E".
Go to Top of Page

tbar
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
376 Posts

Posted - 12/12/2008 :  11:22:19  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Guest8820

The old ways of what? Not winning the cup. You don't need Sutter for that.

Well if I remember coerrectly he took a team that with 30 games left in the season would have not even made the playoffs to the cup final only to lose game 7 in OT. Thats pretty damb good if you ask me and he also managed to get alot more out of his players from what I see especially Kipper. He's a top notch coach sitting in a press box.
Go to Top of Page

Guest8820
( )

Posted - 12/12/2008 :  12:11:09  Reply with Quote
I would give more of that playoff run credit to Kiper hitting his prime, but I will agree that Sutter hung up the whistle & skates a few years too early. Think he might want to come coach the Oilers because they need him more then Calgary IMO, LOL.
Go to Top of Page

Crippled Monkeys
Top Prospect

10 Posts

Posted - 12/16/2008 :  14:55:04  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Ahhhh...this game is fun!!

If I was Sutter, I would try to pull a big trade. How 'bout Regher (hate to do it), Lombo (Boyd is looking to be a better hope for the future), and draft pick to Atlanta for Kovalchuk. Then I'd stop trying to make aging players with ridiculous contracts a part of the Flames (Aucoin) and re-sign players who play the Flames style like Bourque and Glencross.
Go to Top of Page

Matt_Roberts85
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
936 Posts

Posted - 12/18/2008 :  10:54:50  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
If I was Sean Avery I would give CBC my resume after Don Cherry croaks

Go to Top of Page

Guest2559
( )

Posted - 12/18/2008 :  11:20:12  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Matt_Roberts85

If I was Sean Avery I would give CBC my resume after Don Cherry croaks

If I was Avery I would star bagging for a job in the fashion industry lol what a loser.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page