Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Search
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Hockey Forums
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... Hockey Pools & Fantasy Hockey
 The Pool Deck Allow Anonymous Users Reply to This Topic...
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Alex
PickupHockey All-Star

Canada
2816 Posts

Posted - 07/20/2008 :  17:30:51  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Perfect place to stand around and talk about our pools is on ''The Pool Deck'' don't you think? I was thinking it would be good to talk about the happenings in our pools and try to get feedback from the members of the forums.

So far here's my news for you (after day 1 of drafting. We do 10 percent of the draft per day. I got last pick since I won this year.)

The pool is a rollover type (season + playoffs), just goals and assists.

Dad
1. Ovechkin
2. Malkin

Brother
1. Crosby
2. Thornton

Alex
1. Iginla
2. Datsyuk

It's early, I know, but what do you guys think so far? I think my brother has by far the best lineup from what I see. For my next pick I want Zetterberg but my brother has expressed open interest in him. If he would be unavaliable I'm thinking Vinny Lecavalier.

My question for today is, assuming both Zetterberg and Lecavalier are taken, who do I pick next? Spezza? Alfredsson? Heatley? Other?

Proudly Celebrating Over 50 Blogs and Counting

Edited by - Alex on 07/20/2008 17:31:28

I´m also Cånädiön
Rookie

Sweden
217 Posts

Posted - 07/21/2008 :  03:23:27  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hossa maybe?
Edit: (Yes Marian Hossa)

Edited by - I´m also Cånädiön on 07/21/2008 03:25:55
Go to Top of Page

Open_Ice
Rookie

Canada
109 Posts

Posted - 07/21/2008 :  07:21:43  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I like 'Dad' s picks as i can see Malkin outpointing Crosby again.
I would go with Heatley next.
Go to Top of Page

99pickles
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
671 Posts

Posted - 07/21/2008 :  09:36:45  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
It takes you 10 days to draft 20 players ??? I've never heard of such a thing - it's a little slow.
Go to Top of Page

Beans15

Canada
8286 Posts

Posted - 07/21/2008 :  10:41:24  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I like Ovechkin and Malkin the best as well.

Datsyuk at #2?? That is a little high to me. Not knowing the rules of the pool and how the points go, it's hard to judge.

Lecavalier would have been my pick over Datsyuk. Hell, Heatley would have been picked ahead as well.
Go to Top of Page

leigh

Canada
1755 Posts

Posted - 07/21/2008 :  11:02:46  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hey Alex. I'm thinking you're in last place right now (if the pool set up is pure points). Iginla and Datsyuk are great picks but the other 4 have all proven to be able to surpass 100 points (most multiple times) and your two have never done it in the their careers (yet). As much as I hate to say this, I think your first pick should have been Thornton (assuming that you picked 3rd).

As for your next pick Lecavalier, Zetterberg or Heatley (in that order)would be at the top of my list (probably most everyone's)

I'd take a chance on Sundin in a few rounds too btw. I doubt he'll retire and he'll only go to a good team where he'll be revitalized. I like his chances at 90+ points. But if I'm wrong it may cost you your pool.

Edited by - leigh on 07/21/2008 11:03:56
Go to Top of Page

Leafsfan_94
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
1070 Posts

Posted - 07/21/2008 :  14:43:12  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
leigh do you still have facebook? i know this is off topic but i kindof waaned to know because i saw ur name on the pickuphockey group but it says you dont have facebook anymore.

Leafsfan_94

Hey Leafsfan_94 let's move this discussion to the facebook thread. http://www.pickuphockey.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=4442&SearchTerms=facebook

Edited by - leigh on 07/22/2008 12:18:39
Go to Top of Page

Alex
PickupHockey All-Star

Canada
2816 Posts

Posted - 07/21/2008 :  16:58:53  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
My dad picked Zetterberg, brother Heatley, myself Lecavalier. Now what?? I want either Spezza or Alfredsson, in that order, but if they aren't available, what??

And by the way, for goalies, Fleury or Ozzy?

Edited by - Alex on 07/21/2008 17:01:11
Go to Top of Page

Beans15

Canada
8286 Posts

Posted - 07/22/2008 :  10:48:58  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Maybe it is just me, but I like the 3-6 rounds to be wild cards. Not real wildcards, but players that might not be on everyone's list.

I would think about a few players in these spots.
St. Louis - He gets a point almost as often as Lecavalier. If you can get linemates in a pool, I think it's solid.

That being said, I would be cautious of not waiting too long, but if you can get a hold of both Doan and Jokinen in Phoenix, they will be good for 150+ points together this season.

Also think about E. Staal, Kovalchuk, and Gaborik.

And, as a creepy sleeper, Tanguay and Kovalev are going to be a very productive one-two combo this year.

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page