Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Search
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Hockey Forums
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... Hockey Pools & Fantasy Hockey
 Farm Team Allow Anonymous Users Reply to This Topic...
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

agent2421
Top Prospect

13 Posts

Posted - 07/22/2008 :  12:31:05  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hey everyone I was just wondering if pickuphockey has the option of adding a farm team. I'm in a keeper league and we decided to use pickuphockey for the stats but want it so we have 18 dressed players and 2 dressed goalies. We only want 1 of the goalies to get points (Main one) and only when people in the league want, they can start there back up goalie.

Also with players we wanted to have 2-3 scratched players who don't recieve points unless there's an injury or we scratch a player from our team and add them.

Lastly the farm team which will consist of 10-15 players only get points when we put them in the line-up.

Is there anyways we can do this on pickuphockey or no?

agent2421
Top Prospect

13 Posts

Posted - 07/30/2008 :  12:22:18  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
you know people could answer...
Go to Top of Page

99pickles
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
671 Posts

Posted - 07/30/2008 :  12:45:08  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
They have a 'bias' system that you could use to institute your farm system - at least they used to, they might not have it anymore.
Or...you could make the necessary changes as they come up during the season. Each manager - responsible for his own team - could add or substitute players as he or she needed (whether part of a 'farm team' or a Free Agent). If you only want the league commish to be able to make roster deletions then said manager would have to communicate the needed change the commish who in turn would make the substitution.
If your commish pisses and moans that they don't want to do that much work, then either explain the responsibilities and performance expected of a good commish in any fantasy league. Or let each manager be responsible for their own team.

Sorry that no-one responded to this right away - keep in mind that all fantasy hockey sites are quietest right now.
Go to Top of Page

agent2421
Top Prospect

13 Posts

Posted - 07/30/2008 :  15:44:44  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks, here's the thing I'm the commish of the league so it's why I'm wondering how it'll work out.

If I delete a player will they lose all the points earned for the team?

Example: 18 skaters, 2 goalies

Sidney Crosby is injured for 5 games and has played 2 games and got however many points.

If i delete Crosby to switch him with someone else for those games will Crosby's points still count in the total or no?
Go to Top of Page

admin
Forum Admin

Canada
2338 Posts

Posted - 07/30/2008 :  16:01:25  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi there,

We do not have an official "reserve team" function. But you can use the "split trades" function to the same effect. You can have Crosby on the roster and then trade him for Malkin at anytime and Crosby's points will count up to and including the trade date (and Malkins will count from the day after the trade date) Then if you wanted you can trade Crosby back in when ever you want. You can do it as many times as you wish with as many players as you want and the system will track the points based on the dates they were on that pool team's roster.

Note that if you do choose to use the split trades function as a reserve swapping function then each time a player is on the roster and then they are traded out they will still appear on the team (but in white text). This is so you know how that player grouping's (or bundle's) total points have been achieved. This is a good thing typically for trades, but if you're trading players everyday the player list in the pool's stats table will be HUGE! Not a functional problem, but more of an aesthetic issue.

There are also various "bias rules" whereby you can:
1) omit the top and/or bottom 'n' players from the total pool points
2) omit the top and/or bottom 'n' players from the total pool points based on position (forward, defense, goalie, enforcer)
3) count only the top 'n' players
4) count only the top 'n' players by position

We hope to a reserve/farm team function at some point but it is not in the immediate plans for the 08/09 NHL regular hockey season

Cheers!
Go to Top of Page

99pickles
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
671 Posts

Posted - 07/30/2008 :  19:55:01  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I would use that trade function then. Only allow the commish to make the league's moves then (obviously - or else things will get messy). And just have a list of each manager's 'owned' players. Everyone should have this list anyways.
Go to Top of Page

agent2421
Top Prospect

13 Posts

Posted - 07/31/2008 :  14:34:05  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks for the help guys. So if I use the split trade and say nobody picked Brian Lee or something like that and someone signs him mid-way in December as a UFA and he has 14 Points will those 14 points count or no?

I want it so when the player goes from UFA to the team the points he currently has doesn't count and counts from the day I put him there.
Go to Top of Page

admin
Forum Admin

Canada
2338 Posts

Posted - 07/31/2008 :  17:37:21  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
you are correct.
Go to Top of Page

agent2421
Top Prospect

13 Posts

Posted - 08/20/2008 :  19:11:44  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Okay thanks one more question.

It's going to take time because I'll probably have to input all the teams since I have 30 people but it's online the draft, and some users I know won't put there players so when can I sign up for the 08/09 season?

Right now the playoffs thing is still going so can I still do it now if I enter the dates for next season or do I have to wait until the site get's updated?
Go to Top of Page

99pickles
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
671 Posts

Posted - 08/27/2008 :  02:47:36  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'm not sure if there are dates in the drop-box for next season, but I do recall another topic around here somewhere where someone asked when next season would be ready. The reply I can't recall though It should be soon though.
I suggest that you put all the initial rosters in yourself, when the time comes, because some people might not be as careful to ensure that they are getting the correct guys. That could get pretty crazy, methinks!

Btw, did I read that correctly, do you have 30 managers in your league?
Go to Top of Page

agent2421
Top Prospect

13 Posts

Posted - 08/28/2008 :  11:23:33  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yep, well around 27-28 now since I fired 2 recently but looking for a new one.

We're still doing the draft on hfboards.com.

Also does anyone have a weekly schedule thing I can use? I made my own schedule but it's a little messed up so if there was one online where it would list head to head matches I would greatly appreciate that.
Go to Top of Page

agent2421
Top Prospect

13 Posts

Posted - 08/31/2008 :  13:31:17  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Well I hope the new one is up soon it's going to be very hard updating all 30 teams last minute. I tried creating a pool but it says it's officially closed at the moment so yeah.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page