Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Search
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Eastern Conference - Atlantic Division
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... Toronto
 Who Will Lead Leafs In Goals? Allow Anonymous Users Reply to This Topic...
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Bozy
Top Prospect

Canada
33 Posts

Posted - 08/08/2008 :  21:20:08  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Poll Question:
Who will lead the Toronto Maple Leafs in goals for the 08/09 NHL regular hockey season?

Choices:

Steen
Blake
Stajan
Tlusty
Kulemin
Hagman
Antropov
Other (who?)

Leafsfan_94
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
1070 Posts

Posted - 08/08/2008 :  21:30:32  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I said antropov. just because he is learning, gettting better and had a career high in goals last year.

if antropov wasnt on the list i would say stajan. i know he doesnt always stack up all the points. but im sure if he got more ice-time and paired up with the right guys and he could get 20+ goals also.

Leafsfan_94

Go to Top of Page

Pasty7
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
2312 Posts

Posted - 08/09/2008 :  09:46:36  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Leafsfan_94

I said antropov. just because he is learning, gettting better and had a career high in goals last year.

if antropov wasnt on the list i would say stajan. i know he doesnt always stack up all the points. but im sure if he got more ice-time and paired up with the right guys and he could get 20+ goals also.

Leafsfan_94

i said blake i think the shock of cancer last year hurt his game and i think this year he will come back and prove his 40 g year was not a fluke i'm saying he scores 31 this year

Pasty
Go to Top of Page

leafsfan_101
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
1530 Posts

Posted - 08/09/2008 :  10:01:35  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I don't think it will be Antropov just because more then half of his goals/points last year came with Sundin on his line. Sundin attracted more defense and that left Antro open often, so that's how he got his points. Without Sundin I think points will be hard for him to come by. Last year was also Antropov's first healthy year and the second year he played 70+ games. I don't think he will match last year's point totals but he won't be like he was in previous years if he manages to stay healthy.

I also think it will be Blake, just because of the fact that he is the most marginally skilled player on a below average NHL team.
Go to Top of Page

Leafsfan_94
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
1070 Posts

Posted - 08/09/2008 :  10:18:55  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
yea i dunno about blake. i agree that his cancer messed up his game but i think it was also because he was under pressure because hes usually a 25 goal scorer (around there) some times 30. and when he got 40 goals everyone expected him to do it again. and im guessing he tried a little to hard and only ended the year with 15

Leafsfan_94

Go to Top of Page

Guest0489
( )

Posted - 08/09/2008 :  12:11:18  Reply with Quote
I would say Steen because last year he had 15 goals playing on the second line which will probally change to first line . He has only been impoving so I see him netting around 25 .

Anyone disagree reply.
Go to Top of Page

leafsfan_101
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
1530 Posts

Posted - 08/09/2008 :  14:13:01  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I definatley disagree here. Who is here to set him up? I also doubt he will be the 1st line center next year, as Antropov is a natural center. Poni will switch to RW (even though it's his off wing) and Blake bumps up to LW. This isn't the greatest 1st line and 1 player on the roster "may" get over 20 goals, and it would have to be Blake.

Edited by - leafsfan_101 on 08/09/2008 20:56:00
Go to Top of Page

Bozy
Top Prospect

Canada
33 Posts

Posted - 08/11/2008 :  06:57:31  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I disagree with myselfnow but just for one reason . Its because I know Antropov and Ponikarovsky have good chemistry playing on the same line. So then the first line could be

Blake Antropov Ponikarovsky

Then Steen adn Stajan have good chemistry also so they could be second line . So then the line could be

Steen Stajan Hagman

But I still think Steen will get 20 goals because last year he got fifteen and he had no one to set him up . Plus he is improving each year so why not .
Go to Top of Page

Open_Ice
Rookie

Canada
109 Posts

Posted - 08/11/2008 :  10:53:56  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
one of these guys is going to lead the team in goals?

...Antropov?
Go to Top of Page

leafsfan_101
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
1530 Posts

Posted - 08/11/2008 :  15:34:02  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hagman is a LWer so Steen would play his off wing. I wouldn't be suprised if he was the third line center next year.
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

4809 Posts

Posted - 08/12/2008 :  12:15:35  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I voted other, but I can't say who it will be. I have a feeling the Leafs will still grab up or trade for a proven scorer when the Sundin situation clarifies itself.

Antropov had his first almost inury free season last year - it was an anamoly, I predict 40 games and 15 goals. Hagman won't get 30 goals again, but who knows. Steen can't score. Ponikarovsky will be a solid third liner playing on a first or second line, so he might get 25.

Without Sundin, this will get ugly.

"Take off, eh?" - Bob and Doug
Go to Top of Page

MSC
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
601 Posts

Posted - 08/14/2008 :  10:20:21  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Blake has about as much of a shot at 40 goals as I do at cracking any NHL line up. His "off" year isn't a fluke it was his "on" year 2 years ago that was the fluke. Maybe some of you didn't notice but he isn't exactly a spring chicken.
Go to Top of Page

Guest0489
( )

Posted - 08/17/2008 :  20:55:56  Reply with Quote
How do u figure . I bet you $100 he will get 25 plus .
Go to Top of Page

MSC
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
601 Posts

Posted - 08/18/2008 :  07:00:33  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
25 is a far cry from 40.
Go to Top of Page

Bozy
Top Prospect

Canada
33 Posts

Posted - 08/18/2008 :  08:12:24  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
25 is the least that he would score . The most could be like 35 but I dont see 40 either because Im pretty sure the year he scored 40 he had Yashin to set him up .
Go to Top of Page

MSC
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
601 Posts

Posted - 08/18/2008 :  09:57:15  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
If I were the Leafs brass I wouldn't expect more then 25 but be content with 20 and hopefully some interest from other teams in him at the trade deadline. Maybe get a draft pick for him from a contender.
Go to Top of Page

Leafsfan_94
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
1070 Posts

Posted - 08/18/2008 :  19:49:48  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
if you asked me blake will atleast get 23 goals (or around that). i think since in 06-07 when he got 40 there was alot of pressure on him to do it again and he tried a little to hard and ended the year with 15. so maybe now he knows no matter how hard he tries it will be hard to get alot of goals on a team like toronto so they're might not be as much pressure. liek i want him to try to score 40 but not to put so much pressure on himself that it kills his rep to score goals.

oh it also could have been cause of luekemia too thats part of it but i dont think it should effect him that much considering if eas very treatable

Leafsfan_94

f*** You Cliff Fletcher..

LF94 is the LEAFS GM NOW

Go to Top of Page

Guest4749
( )

Posted - 08/20/2008 :  10:19:46  Reply with Quote
I hate to say it - but Cujo may be the leading scorer....
Go to Top of Page

Guest6751
( )

Posted - 10/07/2008 :  21:31:55  Reply with Quote
kaberle kubina?
Go to Top of Page

your mumma make me *****
Top Prospect

15 Posts

Posted - 10/13/2008 :  19:43:01  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Guest6751