Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Search
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Hockey Forums
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... General Hockey Chat
 Robert Lang a Montreal Canadian Allow Anonymous Users Reply to This Topic...
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Pasty7
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
2312 Posts

Posted - 09/12/2008 :  16:19:18  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Robert Lang has been acquired by the Montreal Canadians from the Chicago Blackhawks for a second round pick in 2010 (Tor)

Pasty

nashvillepreds
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
1053 Posts

Posted - 09/12/2008 :  18:40:51  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have no clue why Montreal would even want him, he screws up their lines and he's too old. Like Montreal can beat detroit for the cup this year anyway.

Ellis or Renne....
ELLIS
Go Preds Go!
Go to Top of Page

99pickles
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
671 Posts

Posted - 09/13/2008 :  03:11:52  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Wow...and he's a $4M cap hit...I guess this means they got word from the Sundin camp that they were no longer a consideration...or they pulled themselves out with this deal. Either way, Sundin will not be a Hab.

I am not convince that Lang will be this valuable to the Habs. I would rather have had the cap room myself...
Go to Top of Page

Pasty7
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
2312 Posts

Posted - 09/13/2008 :  05:53:17  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
one who said detroit is going to the cup there are plenty of teams in the west that could easily dismiss the wings in the first round,,,, two i disagree i think lang who scored 21 goals last season and had 33 helpers is a great addition to a solid line up now the habs will have 3 good scoring lines,,, think about it Kovalev Lang Tanguay,, tanguay and kovy could easily have 80 point seasons each and lang because of the other two easily 30 goals then you have pleakanec and the two brothers who are all good for at least 60 points this year then you have higgens and koivu who are good for 50 points,,,,, that is one hell of a lineup plus this gives you wiggle room say if kovalev and tanguay don't mix well or in the pleakanec and kostitsyn need kovalev to be effective

Pasty
Go to Top of Page

Axey
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
877 Posts

Posted - 09/14/2008 :  18:41:45  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Not a bad pick-up I guess its a one year thing I can't see Gainey keeping him for longer than that.

Chicago Blackhawks GM
Go to Top of Page

99pickles
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
671 Posts

Posted - 09/14/2008 :  19:10:30  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
That's a cheap rental...but Chicago was $3M over the cap so they were forced to deal.
Go to Top of Page

hockster
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
437 Posts

Posted - 09/14/2008 :  20:41:06  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
one who said detroit is going to the cup there are plenty of teams in the west that could easily dismiss the wings in the first round,,,, two i disagree i think lang who scored 21 goals last season and had 33 helpers is a great addition to a solid line up now the habs will have 3 good scoring lines,,, think about it Kovalev Lang Tanguay,, tanguay and kovy could easily have 80 point seasons each and lang because of the other two easily 30 goals then you have pleakanec and the two brothers who are all good for at least 60 points this year then you have higgens and koivu who are good for 50 points,,,,, that is one hell of a lineup plus this gives you wiggle room say if kovalev and tanguay don't mix well or in the pleakanec and kostitsyn need kovalev to be effective

thats pretty optimistic i think probably only two of those guys will reach that, and its to many points combined, people are gonna have less ice time if they have so many "stars..." and its unlikeley they will all produce

I don't bring the controversey it comes to me.

Iginla for 2010 team captain!!!
Go to Top of Page

MSC
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
601 Posts

Posted - 09/16/2008 :  10:30:14  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I think this is a pretty solid pick up, for this year anyhow. If put on the right line he could be a point per game guy for Montreal.
Go to Top of Page

Axey
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
877 Posts

Posted - 09/16/2008 :  19:20:14  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Im excited as hell for this year

Chicago Blackhawks GM
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic