Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Search
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Hockey Forums
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... General Hockey Chat
 Playoffs = sudden death Allow Anonymous Users Reply to This Topic...
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

goon
Rookie

Canada
113 Posts

Posted - 04/26/2006 :  09:49:23  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Who doesn't love overtime? Especially sudden death. Even when it is two teams that don't matter to me I still love staying up until the wee hours of the morning watching the playoffs unfold. I remember years ago when Pittsburgh and Washington had a number of games go into 3 and 4 overtime periods. I think the longest ever game went into 6 OTs - that is like 3 games in one night!

bablaboushka
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
2417 Posts

Posted - 04/26/2006 :  10:30:43  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yeah I stayed up until just past 3AM watching Detroit and Edmonton last night and I was disappointed that Edmonton scored but oh well. Nothing against Edmonton but I predicted Detroit would win so I'm sticking to it. But what a night with the disallowed "goal" by Williams... Like Kelly Hrudey said, even Roloson wasn't sure it didn't go in. It could have become like John LeClair's no goal a few years back, but thank God because Edmonton doesn't really need any more controversy!
Go to Top of Page

leigh

Canada
1755 Posts

Posted - 04/26/2006 :  14:50:12  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yup overtime is everything. If the NHL were mine...which it will be some day...mooooooooohaaaahaaaahaaahaaa! (lame evil laugh) I would have every tie game go to OT rather than the cursed shootout. I know they need the shootout to regulate the time factor for broadcasting but you can't beat a game that finishes organically. The prefabricated shootout is damaging the game's credibility.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page