Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Search
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Hockey Forums
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... General Hockey Chat
 McGuire's 2007-08 All-Monster Team Allow Anonymous Users Reply to This Topic...
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Canucks Man
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
1547 Posts

Posted - 10/07/2008 :  14:39:32  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Left Wing Center Right Wing
Ovechkin Lecavalier Iginla
Morrow M. Richards D. Brown
Malone Toews Kobasew
Burrows Gaustad Clarkson
Defence Defence
Phaneuf Jovanovski
Burns Komisarek
Keith Zanon
Goaltenders
Brodeur
Valiquette

What do you all think?

CANUCKS RULE!!!

Edited by - Canucks Man on 10/07/2008 14:40:56

MSC
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
601 Posts

Posted - 10/08/2008 :  06:57:56  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I think it's a good thing he has no input to any team Canada selections.
Go to Top of Page

Canucks Man
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
1547 Posts

Posted - 10/08/2008 :  18:23:40  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by MSC

its not supposed to be a team canada of an all-star team, its an actuall team with 1st to 4th line players and starting and backup goalies.

CANUCKS RULE!!!
Go to Top of Page

Guest0979
( )

Posted - 10/08/2008 :  18:52:13  Reply with Quote
Let me get this straight, where are some of the wings and montreal forwards if this is just 1st to 4th line players? If not then where is Thornton, Malkin, Datsyuk, Zetterberg.... Also, if not then how on earth is Toews a 3rd line centre on chicago? Brown was playing along with Kopitar which was the first line. Richards was the 1st line centre in Philly, not Briere. Morrow was the 1st line wing on Dallas.

The D is pretty weak. Again Lidstrom, Rafalski, Kronwall from the wings are missing. What about Chara, Pronger, Nieds?
Go to Top of Page

Canucks Man
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
1547 Posts

Posted - 10/08/2008 :  21:42:52  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Its MONSTERS and chara niedermeyer and pronger and lidstrom Rafalski Kronwall arent there because he choose Jovo and Phaneuf as his top monster defence, clearly some of you are missing the point of the team.

CANUCKS RULE!!!
Go to Top of Page

99pickles
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
671 Posts

Posted - 10/09/2008 :  01:39:17  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I also don't understand how Toews is 3rd line, how Brown is second line (although maybe arguable behind Frolov), and how one could pick, as a back-up goalie, Valiquette before Conklin, Lalime, Khabiboulin, Auld, or either of Thomas/Fernandez, or even Josh Harding?!? Or either Kolzig or Smith?? And was Louie Erikkson #1 LW over Morrow in Dallas? Maybe he was on the top line, but It sure as hell isn't Avery! And until Ryder showed up, Kobasew was #1 RW in Boston last season...so how's he 3rd?

And c'mon...Jovanovski?!?! ahead of certain other first line D?!? Puh-leeease!

But I agree with most of the rest...

Thanks for posting this, Can-Man!
Go to Top of Page

Guest9004
( )

Posted - 10/09/2008 :  13:58:12  Reply with Quote
I think the point of this is just to put a few lines with players who show heart and some ferocity, some fire to there game... along with the skill. There is no real order and there doesn't need to be. You cant tell me zetterberg will work his way physically to a goal, it's usually from a perfect pass from datsyuk or lidstrom. Not to take away from those great skilled players, but they aren't "monsters" in the same sense. Plus, if you had a salary cap, i'd be pretty dam happy with the team he has on paper (even if you could argue over some lineup rearrangements)

just off the top of my head here' an ok example

d.brown kopitar doan
cole jeff carter tucker
morrow fisher neil
moreau R. niedermayer Laraque

green burns
foote mesaros
brisebois blake

price
Emery (in case a fight breaks out)

And i guess if i stay in that train of thought patrick roy would be the coach :D
Go to Top of Page

Guest9252
( )

Posted - 10/10/2008 :  11:39:21  Reply with Quote
Pierre mcguire is a complete and utter buffoon and to this day it escapes me how he fooled some teams into letting him have anything to do with thier roster. The man is an annoyance at best who repeats the same drivel over and over again. For instance did you hear him at the draft when TO drafted Schenn, OMG I thought he was going to give birth. Schenn will be a great D in the N but cmon. I absolutely refuse to watch anything on TSN where this idiot is involved, Thats why I got RDS!! GO HABS GO!!!
Go to Top of Page

MSC
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
601 Posts

Posted - 10/10/2008 :  12:53:30  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I understand the concept of his "Monsters" thank you. Is he your uncle? In that case I'm sorry. But I repeat, I AM GLAD HE HAS NO INPUT ON THE TEAM CANADA ROSTER.

Now, as was previously mentioned....What version of the 08-09 Hawks is Toews playing on the third line? The one that doesn't make play offs?

Now just to be a d*** because some people think the critisicm is wrong because we missed the point of the list...

According to the official depth charts....

Morrow-1st line
Richards-1st line
Brown-1st line
Malone-2nd line
Kobasew-2nd line
Burrows-3rd line
Gaustad-IR
Burns-1st line

I don't think anyone is missing the point of the "Monster" team at all....the point is if you're trying to accuratly reflect players who actually play on the 1st,2nd, 3rd and 4th line for their team then do that. Don't throw out 3 top lines and a fourth line of grinders and expect us to be amazed by your analytical genius.

quote:
Originally posted by Canucks Man

quote:
Originally posted by MSC

its not supposed to be a team canada of an all-star team, its an actuall team with 1st to 4th line players and starting and backup goalies.

CANUCKS RULE!!!

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page