Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Search
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Hockey Forums
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... Hockey Pools & Fantasy Hockey
 Byfuglien's position Allow Anonymous Users Reply to This Topic...
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Guest4132
( )

Posted - 10/07/2008 :  20:39:27  Reply with Quote
Is he a Defence like this pool says...or is he a forward like the chigago blackhawks site?

99pickles
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
671 Posts

Posted - 10/08/2008 :  05:59:29  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Guest4132

Is he a Defence like this pool says...or is he a forward like the chigago blackhawks site?

He's both...so why don't you use him as a D-man, that way you have forward performance from a D-man. It sounds like they intend on using him mostly as a forward this year anyways.
Go to Top of Page

MSC
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
601 Posts

Posted - 10/08/2008 :  06:54:48  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I saw a Hawks vs. Coyotes game last year in Chicago, this guy is a beast on the ice. I think he's going to really take a step forward this year, especially if they take advantage of his defense knowledge and use him on the point for powerplays
Go to Top of Page

admin
Forum Admin

Canada
2338 Posts

Posted - 10/08/2008 :  10:55:30  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Please note that whatever position he ends up getting listed as on NHL.com is the position that we will label him at.

You'll notice that some players and positions may be out of alignment, this will be straightened away after the first few games are played.
Go to Top of Page

99pickles
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
671 Posts

Posted - 10/09/2008 :  01:12:08  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by admin

Please note that whatever position he ends up getting listed as on NHL.com is the position that we will label him at.

You'll notice that some players and positions may be out of alignment, this will be straightened away after the first few games are played.

This is the appropriate professional approach taken by all excellently run fantasy sites.
Go to Top of Page

Guest7505
( )

Posted - 10/09/2008 :  21:33:56  Reply with Quote
please help me out im in a league where it is only points that count. Which 2/3 players would u have P.Sharp/D.Brown/M.Erat. please give me ur reasons
Go to Top of Page

Axey
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
877 Posts

Posted - 10/10/2008 :  10:50:00  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Guest7505

please help me out im in a league where it is only points that count. Which 2/3 players would u have P.Sharp/D.Brown/M.Erat. please give me ur reasons

Brown 100% and Sharp but either or it doesn't really matter

Chicago Blackhawks GM

Jesus didn't tap.
Go to Top of Page

Guest8515
( )

Posted - 10/16/2008 :  08:56:08  Reply with Quote
guess this still isnt resolved as Blackhawks officially lists him as a winger but pickuphockey still has him as a D...trying to resolve a distpute for the pool and points are different for D vs forwards
Go to Top of Page

admin
Forum Admin

Canada
2338 Posts

Posted - 10/16/2008 :  09:47:48  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
We have him listed as a winger and have had him that way for 2 weeks. If you still have him listed as a D-man please email support at pickuphockey.com so we can determine if there is a system glitch.

Thank you!
Go to Top of Page

Guest4132
( )

Posted - 10/17/2008 :  07:24:14  Reply with Quote
On your NHL player report, it still lists him as a D
Go to Top of Page

Guest1831
( )

Posted - 11/16/2008 :  09:34:01  Reply with Quote
I just found out that Byfugliens position has been changed (I know, it took a while ), so I have a question:

Is it somehow possible to set his position back to D in my pool? He was drafted as a Defender and it would be very important to keep him as a Defender. The points Defenders get for goals, assists and so on differ from those that Forwards get. At the same time, there is specified number of Forwards and Defenders, so at the moment one team has one Forward too much, while his team misses one Defenseman.
Go to Top of Page

admin
Forum Admin

Canada
2338 Posts

Posted - 11/16/2008 :  10:48:35  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Guest4132

On your NHL player report, it still lists him as a D

for the record we corrected that bug 3 weeks ago.

Go to Top of Page

admin
Forum Admin

Canada
2338 Posts

Posted - 11/16/2008 :  11:02:06  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Guest1831

I just found out that Byfugliens position has been changed (I know, it took a while ), so I have a question:

Is it somehow possible to set his position back to D in my pool? He was drafted as a Defender and it would be very important to keep him as a Defender. The points Defenders get for goals, assists and so on differ from those that Forwards get. At the same time, there is specified number of Forwards and Defenders, so at the moment one team has one Forward too much, while his team misses one Defenseman.

There is one possible solution that you can do as a work-around....

If you are not already using the "enforcer" scoring category, you can set it up with the same scoring configuration as you have for defensemen, and then label Byfuglien as an enforcer. This way, even though he a forward, he will be overridden and scored as an enforcer, which will be set up the same way as d-men! So hopefully you're not using enfocers already.

By the way, look for us having customizable scoring categories in future seasons. So you can further breakdown your scoring ie: forwards can be broken down into right wing, center and left wing.
Go to Top of Page

Guest1831
( )

Posted - 11/16/2008 :  11:49:30  Reply with Quote
I currently don't use enforcers, so I will try to do what you proposed. Thanks for your quick response and help.
Go to Top of Page

Guest4644
( )

Posted - 11/18/2008 :  23:03:16  Reply with Quote
he plays or played both, like brent burns of the wild.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page