Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Search
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Hockey Forums
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... Hockey Pools & Fantasy Hockey
 Would You Make this Trade? Allow Anonymous Users Reply to This Topic...
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

BrendonI
Top Prospect

6 Posts

Posted - 11/18/2008 :  10:26:39  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Someone offered me Vincent LeCavelier + Chris Osgood + Shea Weber for Paul Stastny + Nabby/Kipper (Either one, My Choice) + Any of my Defencemen (Burns/Kaberle/Niedermayer/Kuba). Should I take this deal? My worry is that Osgood won't get enough games in to get a decent amount of points even though he performs well. Either Nabakov or Kipprusoff will get more points on sheer number of games played alone. That being said, now that the TBL coach is fired, LeCavelier will be getting more ice time.

Or Should I cut a better deal by sweetening the deal to try and grab Thornton rather than LeCavelier (Who he has)?

If I were to make the trade, I'm leaning towards keeping Nab as he is more consistent than Kip and Kip has been on a slide for a couple seasons now. Kip and LeCavelier are both too talented to not put up better numbers than they currently have. That being said, if I were to make this trade, he's getting the higher scoring goalie, and I'd be getting the higher scoring center.

Edited by - BrendonI on 11/18/2008 10:49:21

Guest6205
( )

Posted - 11/18/2008 :  11:21:02  Reply with Quote
Vincent LeCavelier, Chris Osgood, Shea Weber for Paul Stastny, Kipper, Kaberle.

LECAVALIER better then STATSNY
OSGOOD for KIPPER, pretty even with all variables considered.
WEBER in his break out year, better then KABERLE.
Go to Top of Page

BrendonI
Top Prospect

6 Posts

Posted - 11/18/2008 :  11:50:24  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Well my pool is a straight points pool, and Kaberle is doing alright in his own right with 14 points in 19gp. I was expecting Burns to put up big numbers but even disregarding the injury, he's been 5 points in 11gp. However, he plays as a wing currently I believe, so if I keep him I would be getting a forward performance from a "defencemen". Also, do you expect Weber to keep this up? I didn't, so I certainly expected all of my defencemen to put up bigger points than Weber would even with his hot streak.

Now that I think about it, the Kip for Osgood trade is pretty fair, almost even in my favour since Osgood should be playing more games this season since Detroit no longer has Hasek. Osgood is clearly the #1 goalie over Conklin.

I could offer him one of my lefts/rights for any of his lefts/rights, and then ask for Thornton instead of LeCavelier... I may be a bit biased becuase i'm a SJ fan but I think Thornton will see a bit of a point increase this season.

I've got Kariya/Morrow as Lefts, and Sharp/St. Louis as Rights.

He's got Nash/Simon Gagne as Lefts, and Hemsky/Alfredsson as Rights.

I'm afraid he's probably got more power than I do in Lefts/Rights though, so I might not have any bargaining power in terms of wings.

Edited by - BrendonI on 11/18/2008 11:54:14
Go to Top of Page

Guest5447
( )

Posted - 11/18/2008 :  19:24:47  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by BrendonI

Someone offered me Vincent LeCavelier + Chris Osgood + Shea Weber for Paul Stastny + Nabby/Kipper (Either one, My Choice) + Any of my Defencemen (Burns/Kaberle/Niedermayer/Kuba). Should I take this deal? My worry is that Osgood won't get enough games in to get a decent amount of points even though he performs well. Either Nabakov or Kipprusoff will get more points on sheer number of games played alone. That being said, now that the TBL coach is fired, LeCavelier will be getting more ice time.

Or Should I cut a better deal by sweetening the deal to try and grab Thornton rather than LeCavelier (Who he has)?

If I were to make the trade, I'm leaning towards keeping Nab as he is more consistent than Kip and Kip has been on a slide for a couple seasons now. Kip and LeCavelier are both too talented to not put up better numbers than they currently have. That being said, if I were to make this trade, he's getting the higher scoring goalie, and I'd be getting the higher scoring center.

Kipper has been on the decline since that playoff appearance. Check out his stats.
Statsny will get injured.
Burns plays for Minny who are very defensive minded so will do you little good playin offense since he is supposed to be the responsible one covering his line mates. It doesn't matter what if he is a forward or not, he will not top 40 points. If it was other categories then he becomes a bigger fantasy monster but just points, he is weak.

So a straight up points pool, I'd take the trade. If you can con him of letting go Thornton, do it. Joe always turns it up after the all star game at a rate of 1.5 to 2 points per game.
Go to Top of Page

Beans15

Canada
8286 Posts

Posted - 11/18/2008 :  19:50:25  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Lecavalier plays in a weaker defensive division than Thornton does, but really, you can't lose with either of them. There will only be a few points difference. Last season, there was a difference of 4 points between Thornton and Lecavalier, the year before it was 7. Thornton is a bit better, but if he won't let him go I would take Lecavalier without thinking about.

Stastny is an up and comer and could have a 85+ point season. However, he played in a much more defensive division in the NW and a combined 32 games against Minnesota, Edmonton, Calgary, and Vancouver is not a goal scorers dream. I would take Stastny ahead of many players, but not ahead of Lecavalier or Thornton.

Shea Weber is a no brainer. He's the only d-man in Nashville that can QB the PP and will get points by default on that fact alone. I would take Wber over all of the D-man you have to offer except maybe Neidermayer. I haven't wrote him off yet.

The question is the goaltending. My question is that do you get point for both goalies or are you basically playing one at a time? If you get points for both, it would be a cold day in hell I would break up Kipper and Nabokov. That is 2 of the top 5 win goalies in a season. Both play a ton of games. Nabokov plays on a potential President Trophy team and Calgary will get 45 wins, Kipper with at least 40 of them. If I can assume that your pool is 2 points for a win, Nabokov and Kipper combined last year would have gotten you 170 Points last season, compared with the combo of Nabokov and Osgood which would have been 146. 24 points difference is huge.

However, if you can only play one of your goalies at a time, you can afford to make the trade and pick up Osgood. An Osgood/Nabokov or Kipper tandem is solid if only one tender is playing. However, and a combination of Nabokov/Kipper if both players points count can only be even with a combination including two of Luongo, Lundqvist, Fleury, and a healthy Brodeur.

The question is all about goaltending.
Go to Top of Page

BrendonI
Top Prospect

6 Posts

Posted - 11/18/2008 :  22:29:56  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Well like you said it's a matter of goaltending, and since Osgood does not play as many games as Kipper, despite putting up a better performance, Kipper still puts up bigger points due to the sheer number of games he plays. However, that 24 point gap difference could be made up if Thornton/LeCavalier get 24 points more than Stastny. I've talked to many people about this and most say it's a fairly even trade, and depends on the performance of key players. If Stastny slumps after having signed his 5 year extension, then no doubt Thornton/LeCavalier will have atleast 24 points on him. That makes up for the 24 point gap between having Nab+Osgood and Nab+Kip.
Go to Top of Page

Guest4691
( )

Posted - 11/18/2008 :  22:30:40  Reply with Quote
Oh and yes, both goalies are being played.
Go to Top of Page

Guest4691
( )

Posted - 11/18/2008 :  22:31:46  Reply with Quote
Not to mention, a Burns for Weber trade could also help make up or surpass that 24 point gap.
Go to Top of Page

Guest4644
( )

Posted - 11/18/2008 :  23:01:21  Reply with Quote
i wouldnt do it
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page