Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Search
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Eastern Conference - Atlantic Division
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... Toronto
 Leafs This Season Allow Anonymous Users Reply to This Topic...
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Leafsfan_94
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
1070 Posts

Posted - 10/09/2008 :  18:08:18  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
in my opinion i think this year is going to be painful....as usual. but i could be wrong. im watching the leafs and wings game right now and tor is up 2-1. i noticed they are playing very agressive which is good to do against a team like detroit. but can they keept it up. first i want them to send CuJo down to the minors. my all time favourite goalie he may be. but hes washed up and i think pogge would make a great backup. but i want him to split games with toskala so he gets more playing time. but to cut to the chase, to all you leaf fans how do you think this year is going to turn out?

Leafsfan_94

30LEAFSFAN
Top Prospect

Canada
12 Posts

Posted - 10/09/2008 :  18:34:20  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I THINK THEY WILL DO GREAT. IN MAKING THE PLAYOFS AS IN GREAT. PROVING TONIGHT THEY CAN PLAY WITH THE WINGS THEY COULD BEAT ANYONE NOW
Go to Top of Page

Guest8815
( )

Posted - 10/09/2008 :  20:28:39  Reply with Quote
Man you're so obnoxious. It was one game, awesome. The Canucks went undefeated in Pre-Season, are they going to go 82-0? I'd bet my left nut no.
Go to Top of Page

Leafsfan_94
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
1070 Posts

Posted - 10/10/2008 :  05:00:10  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
yea man i think you like the leafs a little to much to be saying there going to be amazing.i bet this will be the 4th year they miss the playoffs and im sure that there going to finish around 10th or 1th in the eastern conference

Leafsfan_94

Go to Top of Page

Guest5790
( )

Posted - 10/10/2008 :  05:48:19  Reply with Quote
I am a Leaf fan since birth but when your coach is qouted in the newspaper saying "this season is not about wins it is all about spirit" you know you are in for a really ugly season.

And guess what MLSE does not care they will still sell out every night but pay less in salaries meaning more profit. Richard Peddie is laughing all the way to the bank. Love the team hate the current ownership group. Hell bring back Ballard at least he had personality.
Go to Top of Page

MSC
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
601 Posts

Posted - 10/10/2008 :  06:53:15  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I can't lie, they looked VERY good last night. Can't see it lasting, but for at least one night they just might have been the best team in the league.
Go to Top of Page

your mumma make me *****
Top Prospect

15 Posts

Posted - 10/10/2008 :  07:27:22  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
dude they looked good last night! it looks like antropov learned how to make a correct play! and jason play was gunnin and the rookies were owning (sorta) kulemins goal was nice but your right cant see this lasting but im excited to watch them and not depend on sundin to make a play and ron wilsons defensive style of playing might turn into a few more wins then you think.

Luke Schenn For the Win
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

4809 Posts

Posted - 10/10/2008 :  07:27:59  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
It's tough to comment on this after last night's great win against the champs - it colours your perception to see a team of third liners beat the very best team in the league on opening night!

The Leafs will nearly replicate last season's record, in my opinion. With a decent defence and a strong forecheck, together with excellent goaltending - on any given night, the Leafs can compete with the best of them, as they showed last night. But it's not going to happen every night, that's for damn sure.

From past Leaf experience, we'll go into Montreal and play a solid game as well, win or lose, it'll be close. Then we'll play Tampa Bay and s*** the bed.

Leafs will just miss out on the playoffs.

"Take off, eh?" - Bob and Doug
Go to Top of Page

Guest4381
( )

Posted - 10/17/2008 :  05:24:56  Reply with Quote
wow, how come this topic is so dead?
what? did the laughs win anymore games?
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Jump To: