Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Search
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Eastern Conference - Atlantic Division
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... Toronto
 If Sundin doesn't return - who will replace him? Allow Anonymous Users Reply to This Topic...
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

MarkhamMax
Rookie

Canada
102 Posts

Posted - 07/05/2008 :  08:54:28  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Based on the assumption Mats Sundin does not return, either by way of retirement or signing with another team, what calibre of player and face of leadership will the Leafs see in return? How do you see the organization filling that void?

hockster
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
437 Posts

Posted - 07/05/2008 :  11:24:06  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I think several players will take his role
not just one single player,
Those are big shoes to fill
The Leafs are rebuilding
There wont be another Sundin for years to come.
Go to Top of Page

99pickles
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
671 Posts

Posted - 07/05/2008 :  18:37:17  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Why do I feel like they are not going to address it directly at all?

Why does it seem like this team will NEVER get their act together?

I just wish they would hire a great, PROVEN hockey guy and let the guy do his job!!
Go to Top of Page

hockster
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
437 Posts

Posted - 07/05/2008 :  20:17:03  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yeah I am in Agreement
They wont directly get someone to fill the role
If anything theyll get more proven management and more hockey sense
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

4809 Posts

Posted - 07/08/2008 :  07:17:47  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I see the organisation following a similar path as before - they waddle about, don't make any realistically good effort to get any quality players, and then they overpay middling players coming off good years.

How did they screw up the opportunity to turn over a new leaf (pun intended) and instead go back to this . . . bloody mess.

I won't burn my Leafs cap yet; there's nostalgia involved. But very soon, a tipping point will be reached, and the Oilers will become my first team, the Leafs my second.

"Take off, eh?" - Bob and Doug
Go to Top of Page

Leafsfan_94
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
1070 Posts

Posted - 07/08/2008 :  18:56:02  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Mccabe but they'll probably get rid of him cause the leafs management is stupid.

or maybe like stajan steen or antropov

Leafsfan_94

Go to Top of Page

hockster
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
437 Posts

Posted - 07/08/2008 :  22:24:48  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
No way
Directly no one will take his role
Too hard for any one on that team to fill
Nobody there is the caliber of player to take that role
Common sense
It will be years till they get someone like that again
Many players will fill his role together
Go to Top of Page

ThorntonisTHEMAN
PickupHockey Pro

499 Posts

Posted - 07/09/2008 :  10:24:17  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hmm, I'm not so sure fellows. Maybe Jeff Finger will fill the role. Or Jamal Mayers. Or Grebeshkov. Or Niklas Hagman. HAHAHAHAHA! The leafs are going to be even worse than last year but don't worry! They won't be last place cuz they would hate to be able to draft a guy like Tavaras. So they will try once again to make a push for the playoffs and fall short.

"I'm not dumb enough to be a goalie."
Brett Hull.
Go to Top of Page

Guest4043
( )

Posted - 07/12/2008 :  21:54:31  Reply with Quote
TO is doomed to rebuild. Glad they got rid of Tucker. They need to get out with the old and in with the new. Complete change of guard. keep the young studs and get rid of the old duds as it were. Let Sundin chase his cup elsewhere.
Go to Top of Page

ThorntonisTHEMAN
PickupHockey Pro

499 Posts

Posted - 07/14/2008 :  10:32:29  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Guest4043

TO is doomed to rebuild. Glad they got rid of Tucker. They need to get out with the old and in with the new. Complete change of guard. keep the young studs and get rid of the old duds as it were. Let Sundin chase his cup elsewhere.

And what young studs would you be talking about???

Brett Hull.
Go to Top of Page

leigh

Canada
1755 Posts

Posted - 07/14/2008 :  12:40:22  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Well I don't know who he was talking about but I would think the young studs may refer to:

Antropov
Bell
Ponikarovsky
Steen
Tlusty

A bit overstated for sure, but a decent young group and some are showing signs of emergence (Antropov, Tlusty)

The team still needs a couple stars. THe goaltending is decent, Toskala shows signs of being a great goalie, and Cujo is about as good a back up as you can get.

Give them a few years.
Go to Top of Page

Guest9536
( )

Posted - 07/14/2008 :  12:48:02  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by leigh

Well I don't know who he was talking about but I would think the young studs may refer to:

Antropov
Bell
Ponikarovsky
Steen
Tlusty

A bit overstated for sure, but a decent young group and some are showing signs of emergence (Antropov, Tlusty)

The team still needs a couple stars. THe goaltending is decent, Toskala shows signs of being a great goalie, and Cujo is about as good a back up as you can get.

Give them a few years.

Don't forget Stajan
Go to Top of Page

Leafsfan_94
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
1070 Posts

Posted - 07/14/2008 :  14:44:47  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
yes yes

and hockster i admit you are smart about hockey and have great knowledge for the game but i do not agree that sundin is a great captaian. he isnt as good as a captain as u described him as. he barely did anything last few years. hes a great player no doubt. but i would not like him as a captain.

quote:
Originally posted by Guest9536

quote:

Antropov
Bell
Ponikarovsky
Steen
Tlusty

Give them a few years.

Don't forget Stajan

Leafsfan_94

Go to Top of Page

ThorntonisTHEMAN
PickupHockey Pro

499 Posts

Posted - 07/16/2008 :  07:50:13  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

Antropov
Bell
Ponikarovsky
Steen
Tlusty

Decent young group, yes. But young studs? Come on!! Mark Bell? He was supposed to be a stud about 4 years ago but he's turned out to be a dud! Antropov FINALLY emerged and stayed healthy last year but who knows how long that will last cuz we were waiting forever. Steen and Tlusty still need to prove themselves although I like Ponikarovsky and Stajan. But lets fact it! The Leafs do NOT have a good core of young players! The future is not looking good! Look at the Hawks, they were terrible but now they will be making the playoffs this year cuz they got a lot of good young players (Seabrook, Keith, Toews, Kane) whereas the Leafs have been bad but they haven't built up like the Hawks have! IF the list you provided me was the Leafs "young studs" then they are in serious trouble!

Brett Hull.
Go to Top of Page

leigh

Canada
1755 Posts

Posted - 07/16/2008 :  10:48:59  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
fair enough. I was just hypothesizing on who the other poster meant by "young studs" That's all I could come up with and most are a stretch.
Go to Top of Page

ThorntonisTHEMAN
PickupHockey Pro

499 Posts

Posted - 07/16/2008 :  12:30:08  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

fair enough. I was just hypothesizing on who the other poster meant by "young studs" That's all I could come up with and most are a stretch.

ok! glad to see we are on the same page. I was beginning to worry that a respected gentleman like yourself had gotten brainwashed by LeafsMedia!

Brett Hull.
Go to Top of Page

Guest9805
( )

Posted - 07/25/2008 :  21:26:33  Reply with Quote
Antropov can replace him for a few years untill they sign that star center or draft one .
Go to Top of Page

Leafsfan_94
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
1070 Posts

Posted - 07/25/2008 :  22:01:29  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
agreed

quote:
Originally posted by Guest9805

Antropov can replace him for a few years untill they sign that star center or draft one .

Leafsfan_94

Go to Top of Page

Leafsfan_94
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
1070 Posts

Posted - 07/25/2008 :  22:02:38  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
oh yeah i forgot to include this in my last post. Markham Max you were a good addition to this website. where have you been lately?

Leafsfan_94

Go to Top of Page

leafsfan_101
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
1530 Posts

Posted - 07/26/2008 :  08:23:09  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
To ThorntonIsTheMan, I wouldn't say that Toronto doesn't have good quality prospects in their farm system. Luke Schenn, Justin Pogge and Nikolai Kulemin are all solid prospects, and Pogge and Shenn are considered studs in my opinion. The Leafs also have some other prospects that can pan out well, like Tyler Ruegsegger who just had a great year in the NCAA, Robbie Earl, a former Hobey Baker winner and others like Dimitry Vorobiev, Chad Rau and Dale Mitchell. It isn't the best of the NHL's Prospect Lot, but it is far from the worst. And there are some young studs in that lot.

You mentioned that the Hawks and Leafs have both been terrible, but the Hawks are better now because they have capitalized on drafting far more then the Leafs have. This is simply an untrue comment, as the Hawks have been far worse for the last 5-6 seasons then the Leafs have. Keep in mind since 2003 the Hawks have drafted 14th, 3rd, 7th, 3rd, 1st and 11th (last season). In that time they have picked up talent like Brent Seabrook, Cam Barker, Jack Skillie, Johnathon Toews, Patrick Kane and Kyle Beach. Now compare this to the Leafs, whose last top 10 pick (excluding last year) was pre 1993. In the past 6 seasons, the Leafs have picked up considerably less then Chicago, with names like Tuukka Rask, Jiri Tlusty and Luke Schenn being first round pickups. The Hawks were perrrenial losers, and their picks in the 1st round are reflections of that. So to compare the Leafs to this franchise isn't correct in the least.

On to the discussion at hand, I think the Leafs are going to chose Brian McCabe as captain provided he isn't traded or Sundin doesn't return. McCabe is gritty, strong and has been a leader since 2002. He is a good ole Canadian kid and has been an example to younger players. He has handeled being both the goat and hero here in Toronto with alot of class and maturity, and he never outs the team down. Sure he makes defensive lapses, but there is no questioning his leadership. McCabe is the best choice as Sundin's replacement on the team.

Go to Top of Page

Guest7652
( )

Posted - 07/26/2008 :  16:28:26  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Leafsfan_94

oh yeah i forgot to include this in my last post. Markham Max you were a good addition to this website. where have you been lately?

Leafsfan_94

Another...... Get this guy off the site.
Go to Top of Page

Guest7652
( )

Posted - 07/26/2008 :  16:31:43  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Leafsfan_94

agreed

quote:
Originally posted by Guest9805

Leafsfan_94

Useless yet again. Just a one liner that was not needed at all. Then he comes back and posts right after that with another useless post. Couldn't he have just included that in the post above.

This guy is a joke to pickuphockey. Bet out of all his 800 something posts around 150 are actully hockey related.
Go to Top of Page

Leafsfan_94
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
1070 Posts

Posted - 07/26/2008 :  17:11:27  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
HEY YOU f*** HO BOUT U JUSTL ET IT GO K c***SUCKER ALL OF UR POST'S THAT U MADE THAT REPLIED TO MINE HAD NOTHIN TO DO WITH HOCKEY EITHER PUSNUTS SO f*** YOU!

Leafsfan_94

Go to Top of Page

Leafsfan_94
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
1070 Posts

Posted - 07/26/2008 :  17:12:31  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
GO AHEAD DIPs*** KEEP TALKIN s*** BOUT ALL MY POST'S AND IF I KNEW WHO U WERE I WOULD KICK THE s*** OUTTA U f***ER!

Leafsfan_94

Go to Top of Page

Guest7652
( )

Posted - 07/26/2008 :  17:39:23  Reply with Quote
Couldn't you have included that last post in your post before??

Come on bud get it together.
Go to Top of Page

I´m also Cånädiön
Rookie

Sweden
217 Posts

Posted - 07/27/2008 :  06:47:50  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
No player currently on the Leafs rooster can fill Sundins shoes IMO.

(Pardon the off topic.)
LF 94 my guess is that the guest is just practicing his/hers agitating skills.... and right now you are falling for it.

Just ignore it and guest 7652 will probably get bored and find a new place to air his/hers "issues".
Go to Top of Page

Leafsfan_94
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
1070 Posts

Posted - 07/27/2008 :  08:33:14  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
i dont know man. there is a few players one the leafs roster who have the ability to take over sundins role. besides the fact he was a horrible leader.players who have the ability to take over his job are players like

Blake(if he returns)
Antropov
Stajan
Steen

quote:
Originally posted by I´m also Cånädiön

No player currently on the Leafs rooster can fill Sundins shoes IMO.

(Pardon the off topic.)
LF 94 my guess is that the guest is just practicing his/hers agitating skills.... and right now you are falling for it.

Just ignore it and guest 7652 will probably get bored and find a new place to air his/hers "issues".

Leafsfan_94

Go to Top of Page

99pickles
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
671 Posts

Posted - 07/27/2008 :  10:12:19  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I can't see how any of the 4 players you listed (Blake, Antropov, Stajan, Steen) can be thought of as anywhere close to being able to "take over his job" if Sundin does not come back to the team. I appreciate that you are being hopeful for your team, but you need to look at things with your head and not your hopeful heart.

Jason Blake flopped and the team is seriously considering buying him out...this doesn't sound like they think he can assume Sundin's role and neither should we. And at 590 games, his career is around 2/3 over...he has once scored more than 25 goals.

Stajan is not a gifted, playmaking all-star forward who's passes can harness the speed of a fast linemate. At 314 games, he is about 1/3 through his career (in a best case scenario) and he has never had a 40 pt season yet.

Antropov, although a decent big young forward, is a far cry from the amazing on-ice abilities and talents of Sundin. He's also played nearly 500 games, so he's about half-way through his career. There is no more "develoment" time for him. What we see is what he is, this is his prime.

And Steen is seen as a sound responsible, 2-way player...certainly nothing similar to the vision and offensive skills of Sundin. He is probably 1/4 though his career, at least, having played 233 games. His career best 45 pts occurred during his rookie year

Sundin is an amazing talent that is still averaging nearly a point-per-game, even in the twilight of his career.
Those other guys are role playing third liners.
Go to Top of Page

ThorntonisTHEMAN
PickupHockey Pro

499 Posts

Posted - 07/28/2008 :  09:07:10  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by leafsfan_101

You mentioned that the Hawks and Leafs have both been terrible, but the Hawks are better now because they have capitalized on drafting far more then the Leafs have. This is simply an untrue comment, as the Hawks have been far worse for the last 5-6 seasons then the Leafs have. Keep in mind since 2003 the Hawks have drafted 14th, 3rd, 7th, 3rd, 1st and 11th (last season). In that time they have picked up talent like Brent Seabrook, Cam Barker, Jack Skillie, Johnathon Toews, Patrick Kane and Kyle Beach. Now compare this to the Leafs, whose last top 10 pick (excluding last year) was pre 1993. In the past 6 seasons, the Leafs have picked up considerably less then Chicago, with names like Tuukka Rask, Jiri Tlusty and Luke Schenn being first round pickups. The Hawks were perrrenial losers, and their picks in the 1st round are reflections of that. So to compare the Leafs to this franchise isn't correct in the least.

Right. And what do the Leafs have to show for their amazing 5-6 years while the Hawks have been off rebuilding and making good draft picks? Hmm, lets see, Stanley Cups? nope, none of those. Playoff appearances? Since 2001 they have been in the Eastern Conference Finals 1 time, lost in the second round 2 times, and lost in the first round 3 times, and didn't make the playoffs for the past 2 years.

The goal for every team is to win the Stanley Cup. The Hawks were terrible for many years but now they are going to be Stanley Cup contenders for many many years. The Leafs were decent, never Stanley Cup material, but definitely playoff material several years ago but now have turned terrible. And I sure don't hear many people talking about how the Leafs will be Stanley Cup material in a few years! The Leafs need to rebuild! They need to start drafting good young players, rather than trading their draft picks for the likes of Jamal Mayers!

Brett Hull.
Go to Top of Page

Leafsfan_94
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
1070 Posts

Posted - 07/28/2008 :  09:33:20  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
i didnt mean next year. i meant in time they will be good leaders. and scratch blake that was a mistake. and sundin actually wasnt that good of a leader anyway. gary roberts was a good leader and they kept him the leafs wouldnt have fell apart(as much) because back in 2002 when they leafs made it to the 3rd round(i think) sundin was inujured and roberts was leading their team. than sundin came back and then they fell apart. to me he's not a great leaders. sure he may incourage his team to play good and try hard in the dressing room. but when it comes down to playing on the ice he just falls asleep and doesnt do s***.so im hoping if he comes they strip his captaincy.

quote:
Originally posted by 99pickles

I can't see how any of the 4 players you listed (Blake, Antropov, Stajan, Steen) can be thought of as anywhere close to being able to "take over his job" if Sundin does not come back to the team. I appreciate that you are being hopeful for your team, but you need to look at things with your head and not your hopeful heart.

Jason Blake flopped and the team is seriously considering buying him out...this doesn't sound like they think he can assume Sundin's role and neither should we. And at 590 games, his career is around 2/3 over...he has once scored more than 25 goals.

Stajan is not a gifted, playmaking all-star forward who's passes can harness the speed of a fast linemate. At 314 games, he is about 1/3 through his career (in a best case scenario) and he has never had a 40 pt season yet.

Antropov, although a decent big young forward, is a far cry from the amazing on-ice abilities and talents of Sundin. He's also played nearly 500 games, so he's about half-way through his career. There is no more "develoment" time for him. What we see is what he is, this is his prime.

And Steen is seen as a sound responsible, 2-way player...certainly nothing similar to the vision and offensive skills of Sundin. He is probably 1/4 though his career, at least, having played 233 games. His career best 45 pts occurred during his rookie year

Sundin is an amazing talent that is still averaging nearly a point-per-game, even in the twilight of his career.
Those other guys are role playing third liners.

Leafsfan_94

Go to Top of Page

MSC
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
601 Posts

Posted - 07/28/2008 :  09:41:30  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have to agree fully, there is no one in the Leafs organisation right now who can fill Sundin's shoes if he left. Unless of course Dougie comes out of retirement.
Go to Top of Page

leafsfan_101
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
1530 Posts

Posted - 07/28/2008 :  17:10:39  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by ThorntonisTHEMAN
And what do the Leafs have to show for their amazing 5-6 years while the Hawks have been off rebuilding and making good draft picks?......The Hawks were terrible for many years but now they are going to be Stanley Cup contenders for many many years.

I'm sure that the Hawks weren't trying to tank to be competative in a few years. They were trying to win the Cup like any other team, and to suggest they may have tanked to be competative is degrading to themselves and the standerds of the NHL.

The Hawks franchise is much worse off then the Leafs from a manegerial standpoint. Although the Leafs have a front office run by a pension plan, the Hawks have the franchise killing giant, the one and only, Bill Wirtz. Wirtz makes the Hawks a joke, and is worse then Harrold Ballard. Wirtz still prohibits the televising of Hawks home games and has never, ever done anything remotly good for Chicago. Bad personel, bad at handling situations and an overall bad owner.

The Hawks rebuilding came primarily from the draft. There were no great rebuilding schemes, trades that helped them rebuild. A bad team run into the cellar is what got them in this predicament. Six years ago the Hawks had no future, no talent grown on the farm. They were worse off then Toronto!

Edited by - leafsfan_101 on 07/29/2008 14:26:30
Go to Top of Page

MSC
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
601 Posts

Posted - 07/29/2008 :  05:30:16  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Pull your head out of the sand bud....Bill Wirtz passed away last year from cancer. Also...."The Hawks franchise is much worse off then the Hawks from a manegerial standpoint." Sounds like they're having a slight bout with bi-polar disorder or somthing. I'm just curious though...If Wirtz never ever did anything good for Chicago how did he ever make the HOF? Why would he donate millions to the boys and girls club? and why would Stan Mikita call him a generous and fiercely loyal man?

Don't bad mouth the deceased if you don't know the whole story.
Go to Top of Page

leafsfan_101
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
1530 Posts

Posted - 07/29/2008 :  14:37:26  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
It's a known thing that Bill Wirtz was a terrible owner. Wirtz has done nothing for the franchise but help crush them. He once fired a coach on Christmas Eve by slipping a note under his families door saying that he was fired. That coach was Punch Imlach I believe. Also, if he was such a "generous and fiercely loyal man", then why did the Chicago faithful boo his moment of silence? Why did ESPN name his franchise the worst in all of sports? Yes, all of those accolades prove he was great.

Wirtz is in the HHOF because of his commitment to US hockey, but nothing to do with the Blackhawks organization. Why is Harrold Ballard in the HHOF? Would you deem him a worthy man to be in the HHOF based on what he did with the Leafs? Although Wirtz is dead, his legacy is still standing in Chicago, as is Ballard's with the Leafs. The demise of this franchise is his fault at least 75%. I would even go higher.

Bill Wirtz is the main reason for the Hawks lack of success, and I dare you to prove me otherwise.

Go to Top of Page

MSC
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
601 Posts

Posted - 07/29/2008 :  19:54:59  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
No, it's a known fact that he was a frugal owner. The reason he didn't allow hawks games to be televised was because he thought it was unfair to the people who actually spent hard earned money to "BUY" tickets to the game...do I think that was right? no..do I see where he was coming from? yes.....Also, if you think that any team drafts players to lose then you are out of your mind. Six years ago Chicago thought they were getting the best players they could have at that point. Just like every other team in the league thought that every pick they made was the best pick they could have made. You keep talking about him as if he's still alive..."Wirtz still prohibits the televising of Hawks home games and has never, ever done anything remotly good for Chicago. "

The hawks drafted good over the last few years while Wirtz was still at the helm you can't take that from him....
Go to Top of Page

wyntyre
Rookie

Canada
185 Posts

Posted - 07/30/2008 :  15:59:57  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Sorry Leafs fans worldwide, but minus Matts = 1980's....might as well get Alan Bester and Peter Ing back in net. On the other hand...If you put Mcabe up front...he won't look like such a pylon on D!!!
There is an upside to every situation i guess!
Go to Top of Page

leafsfan_101
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
1530 Posts

Posted - 07/30/2008 :  17:18:01  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by MSC

No, it's a known fact that he was a frugal owner. The reason he didn't allow hawks games to be televised was because he thought it was unfair to the people who actually spent hard earned money to "BUY" tickets to the game...do I think that was right? no..do I see where he was coming from? yes.....Also, if you think that any team drafts players to lose then you are out of your mind. Six years ago Chicago thought they were getting the best players they could have at that point. Just like every other team in the league thought that every pick they made was the best pick they could have made. You keep talking about him as if he's still alive..."Wirtz still prohibits the televising of Hawks home games and has never, ever done anything remotly good for Chicago. "

The hawks drafted good over the last few years while Wirtz was still at the helm you can't take that from him....

The mentality of the TV broadcasting rights is 60's mentality brought on by Conn Smythe, and even though he had a reason it is in no way a viable hockey club should be run. TV deals = revenue = more financial gain. All "good" owners know this, and I'm sure this was brought to Wirtz' attention.

Also, I have never once said I thought the Hawks were losing intentionally....I have been fighting the opposite actually. And in today's NHL, scouting is so advanced that it is hard not to make a good pick when you are in the top 10. Wirtz has nothing to do with their drafting nor the successes they have gained.

BTW, getting your info from Wikipedia doesn't show you know alot on the subject......
Go to Top of Page

MSC
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
601 Posts

Posted - 07/30/2008 :  18:30:54  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I can't lie, I didn't have a wealth of Wirtz knowledge off the top of my head but I'm willing to be more open minded then to blame him for all of Chicago's troubles especially since he no longer runs the organization. I'm very impressed that in your 15 years on earth you've amassed such an abundance of knowledge that you no longer have the need to research things. Maybe I'll quit my job and alienate my family and friends to improve my trivial knowledge.
Go to Top of Page

Guest9060
( )

Posted - 10/05/2008 :  07:03:07  Reply with Quote
do you think blake can step it up and play better?
quote:

Antropov
Bell
Ponikarovsky
Steen
Tlusty

Give them a few years.

Go to Top of Page

OILINONTARIO
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
816 Posts

Posted - 10/05/2008 :  09:01:01  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
It looks like Sundin is poised to return to hockey. As a referee in Sweden. A standing ovation every game, and all he has to do is drop the puck, and skate around with a big, dumb smile on his face.

The Oil WILL make the playoffs in 2009.
Go to Top of Page

Axey
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
877 Posts

Posted - 10/05/2008 :  10:23:43  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I can't believe the BS about, 'oh he's not a good leader'. Its not just the leafs who think so he is also the captain of Sweden, with players on that team like Forsberg, Alfredsson, Zetterberd, Lidstrom, come on now you don't pick Sundin over those guys if he is a bad leader. Also most ppl are doin the whole "what have done you done for me lately" type deal and its bc he won't come back, blah blah blah, I wouldn't come back either with ridiculous fans in T.O who blame one single player for failing in a city known to fail year after year. I mean Gilmour didn't get it done, Clark didn't get it done. I personally think Sundin is alot better then those players (more then just the points) and they don't get bashed for it, and he still stayed with the team year in and year out. Everyone on the team loves the guy, I haven't ever heard one player in the league say something bad about him. You can't say he is a bad leader unless you have sat in the dressing room or played along side of him, they are the only ppl who can say anything about him as a leader. I just don't get how ppl blame him for not 'leading' the leafs to a cup, come on now Bourque didn't 'lead' a team to the cup, he was brought on an already stellar team and just enjoyed the ride. Once again, anything bein said about him? All I'm saying is respect Sundin, he is an A1 kinda guy, full of class, dont bash him.

P.S.- I'm a huge Habs fan so I don't carry any bias.

Chicago Blackhawks GM

Jesus didn't tap.

Edited by - Axey on 10/05/2008 10:25:21
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page