Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Search
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Hockey Forums
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... Trades and Rumors
 Malkin for Gaborik Allow Anonymous Users Reply to This Topic...
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Guest6740
( )

Posted - 10/16/2008 :  09:51:48  Reply with Quote
I heard this tsn saying they want to do the move but gaborik isn't sign to a contract so pittsburg doesn't want another rental player and gaborik doesn't wanna play with Min next year also nother possibility gaborik going to vancouver cuz they have the cap space and he wants to play with his best friend demitra there. This trade is just for crosby to have someone on the wing to play with.

What are your thoughts on this trade rumour

Guest6340
( )

Posted - 10/16/2008 :  10:09:52  Reply with Quote
That's is a ridiculous trade. Malkin is by far the better player, and way younger. Why on earth would Pittsburgh trade a guy who is a franchise player for an injury prone, albeit superstar winger who is older? Unless Minnesota throws in another player or a 1st round pick, no way Shero makes that move.
Go to Top of Page

Guest6740
( )

Posted - 10/16/2008 :  11:23:15  Reply with Quote
cause they think crosby is one man team is a possibility
Go to Top of Page

Beans15

Canada
8286 Posts

Posted - 10/16/2008 :  14:34:50  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Malkin just signed a long term deal with Pitt, is younger, more durable, and more productive that Gaborik.

There is only 2 ways this trade would ever happen.

1) Mario Lemiuex picks up a nasty gambling habit and can not pay the Penguins salary so he cuts and slashes.

or

2) Ulf Samuelsson hits Lemieux in the head with a sledgehammer and gives him brain damage.

Regardless of what anyone thinks, Mario runs that team. No one puts out a memo without Super Mario's rubber stamp.

I guess what I am saying is that you have a better chance of winning the lotto in Nigeria than this trade happening.

Edited by - Beans15 on 10/16/2008 14:35:24
Go to Top of Page

ThorntonisTHEMAN
PickupHockey Pro

499 Posts

Posted - 10/16/2008 :  14:41:47  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
lol Beans! Hilarious! I haven't laughed that hard for a long time! But I agree, there is no way this trade happens. Gabby will be traded by the deadline but it will not be for Malkin. If that happens, Shero should be fired.

"I'm not dumb enough to be a goalie."
Brett Hull.
Go to Top of Page

MSC
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
601 Posts

Posted - 10/16/2008 :  15:04:38  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I can't find anything about this on TSN whatsoever.
Go to Top of Page

campbellsoup
Top Prospect

Canada
1 Posts

Posted - 11/02/2008 :  15:11:28  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
We all know the possibility of this trade is zero (0). The big question in my mind is Guest6740 smoking and where can I get some.
Go to Top of Page

Guest6732
( )

Posted - 11/02/2008 :  21:25:09  Reply with Quote
http://www.faceoff.com/story.html?id=9f75e2f1-56d3-414e-9540-fc0662673e13

http://www.totalprosports.com/blog/index.php/2008/10/marian-gaborik-headed-to-montreal/

http://sports.yahoo.com/nhl/rumors/post/Wild-s-Gaborik-to-Canadiens-is-the-hottest-rumor?urn=nhl,116287

http://www.twincities.com/wild/ci_10771345?nclick_check=1

http://www.canada.com/edmontonjournal/news/sports/story.html?id=d32c4257-2880-4b90-98ed-ee4cf43cb59e

there was other articles i found on espn about it but i had to pay money so yeah there was a rumour even it is does sound dumb give up a center for a winger who can score
Go to Top of Page

Axey
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
877 Posts

Posted - 11/03/2008 :  06:09:14  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Well it is a rumor but that would never happen, Gaborik AKA the man of glass doesn't play enough games to be worth as much as Malkin

Chicago Blackhawks GM

Jesus didn't tap.
Go to Top of Page

Guest6732
( )

Posted - 11/03/2008 :  11:02:20  Reply with Quote
a winger that can score 40+ goals a season when not injured is worth it when playing with crosby some could argue
Go to Top of Page

Beans15

Canada
8286 Posts

Posted - 11/03/2008 :  15:37:38  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
There are two huge issues with this deal.

1) Malkin is signed to a reasonable contract, both in terms of length and value. Gaborik on the other hand is not. From what I have read, Gaborik has already stated he is not interested in coming back to Minny unless he gets a long term contract in the range of $8 million a season.

2) Gaborik is injury prone. Malkin does not appear to be. In X season, Gaborik has played an average of 59 games a year in his 8 seasons in the league. For his first 3, he looked ok playing 71, 78, and 81 respectively. Last year he played in 77 as well, but he has been proned to that glass groin injury. Malkin has missed only 4 games in two seasons.

If Gaborik wants to test the market, that is his choice, but I think $8 million for a player who produces under a PPG for his career and played less than 60 games is a year is a stretch.

I have heard a ton of rumors around Gaborik, but none mentioning Malkin. I have heard Gaborik to LA for 1st round picks, and a couple of their up and comers (O'Sullivan was mentioned), I have also heard Gaborik for Bouwmeester. Both seem to be more realistic than Malkin.

Edited by - Beans15 on 11/03/2008 15:41:36
Go to Top of Page

Guest9115
( )

Posted - 11/22/2008 :  18:43:48  Reply with Quote
If i was Pitsburg and your talking about a deal Malkin for Gaborik. Im saying yes on this one Gaborike is my favourite player in the NHL. I mean Gaborik sets up well scores goals and Mlakin hasnt been doing very well. Hes has to pick it up.
Go to Top of Page

Guest4644
( )

Posted - 11/23/2008 :  01:37:24  Reply with Quote
ROFL wow the last post was obviously made by an NBA fan, we are talking about the NHL dude. Malkin is tearing it up right now... ???
He's league leader in points and in assists, trolling in an anonymous forum wow... lol...

Also, who in thier right mind would trade a superstar like Malkin for a rental like Gaborik?? wow this post is oozing lack of knowledge all over the place, it's making a mess.
Go to Top of Page

canucklehead420
Top Prospect

Canada
7 Posts

Posted - 11/23/2008 :  02:22:45  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
did that kid just say malkin needs to pick it up? ROFLLLLLLLL k bud you watchin the AHL?

GO NUCKS
Go to Top of Page

Savitar
Top Prospect

Canada
31 Posts

Posted - 11/26/2008 :  21:40:30  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Really? Gaborik for Malkin?

OK. How about Havlat for Hossa then?

Or Lead for Gold?

Unless Lemieux has had a stroke there is no prayer this deal ever happens.
Go to Top of Page

Guest6740
( )

Posted - 11/27/2008 :  13:53:45  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Savitar

Really? Gaborik for Malkin?

OK. How about Havlat for Hossa then?

Or Lead for Gold?

Unless Lemieux has had a stroke there is no prayer this deal ever happens.

where did u hear about the havlat hossa trade?
Go to Top of Page

Guest9277
( )

Posted - 11/27/2008 :  18:07:55  Reply with Quote
This entire thread is retarded!! I mean, sure, there have been some bad trades in NHL history, but Malkin for Gaborik would be up there. I think it's a bad joke.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page