Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Search
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Hockey Forums
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... Hockey Pools & Fantasy Hockey
 GETZLAF!?!?!?!?! Allow Anonymous Users Reply to This Topic...
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

MSC
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
601 Posts

Posted - 10/24/2008 :  07:53:27  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
If you're anything like me you either went out of your way to draft Getz or you made a trade to get him. How does he reward us, by not showing up at all, period. Now, he's to big of a talent and I spent to much to get him so I can't just drop him. And luckily he's getting some PIM to help out in my roto leagues. The question is do you keep him on the bench and start less talented players or keep him in the line up hoping that tonight is the night he turns it around a la Jerome Iginla last night. I can't believe I'd ever say this but I'm tempted to start Zherdev over him if the moment should come up.

Guest9102
( )

Posted - 10/24/2008 :  08:17:13  Reply with Quote
Quit your bitching, you can say the same for kunitz or selanne.
Go to Top of Page

Axey
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
877 Posts

Posted - 10/24/2008 :  08:33:33  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Kunitz isn't half the player Getzlaf is lol and Selanne doesn't have as much pressure to perform, he is basically underrated since ppl don't expect him to get as many points.. Getzlaf who I also have in my pool many suspected 90 pts out of him in the 2nd round with the 2nd in that round. To MSC, he could light up any night, but waiting is getting old. But do not drop him he will heat up once this team heats up and will come through for us.

Chicago Blackhawks GM

Jesus didn't tap.
Go to Top of Page

MSC
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
601 Posts

Posted - 10/24/2008 :  09:00:55  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I've never considered dropping him, especially not this early in the season. Like I said, do you keep him out of the starting line up for a while in favor of someone not as highly touted or keep him in hoping for a break open performance...

Guest9012.....I have no idea why I'm responding to you, must be so slow at work I have no other choice but...

I would gladly drop Kunitz in a heartbeat if he had 1 assist to date. In fact he's available in just about all my leagues so the option has been there. He hasn't even crossed my mind to either take in the first place or add to my team now. Selanne is a slighly different story, I'd hold on to him for another week or two keeping him on the bench and then drop him if I still wasn't getting any production.

Thanks for the terrific insight and creative criticism however. I did not realize I was bitching, but thanks to you I now know I was. I feel ashamed and embarrassed for both myself, my family and most of all my country men. Please don't let my actions reflect upon those I care about. Your highness....
Go to Top of Page

MSC
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
601 Posts

Posted - 10/30/2008 :  07:02:11  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Pat on the back to everyone who had faith...I ended up keeping him in the line up hoping for the best. It paid off.
Go to Top of Page

Axey
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
877 Posts

Posted - 10/30/2008 :  07:21:29  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Haha Indeed .. 5 points last night .. wooo. I started off very slow in my pool and now with huge nights recently from Mikko, Jarome, M. richards, and Getzlaf I'm flying now.

Chicago Blackhawks GM

Jesus didn't tap.
Go to Top of Page

brentrock2
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
571 Posts

Posted - 10/30/2008 :  13:16:13  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I wished I picked him he is on a roll right now but last year I did pick him.
Go to Top of Page

Guest8171
( )

Posted - 11/01/2008 :  14:03:29  Reply with Quote
Honestly? You were thinking Getzlaf was going to finish the season with like 40 points? He just got off to a terrible start, just like the entire Anaheim Ducks. The top line didn't have a goal until like 5 games in or whatever it was. Same could be said about Ovechkin, and it's not like he is going to finish with a 60 point season unless plagued with injuries.

P.S. I picked him in my draft. He is a good 'ole Saskatchewan boy, I knew it was a matter of time before he showed up, and he did that in a big way against Detroit.
Go to Top of Page

Axey
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
877 Posts

Posted - 11/01/2008 :  14:06:57  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Guest8171

Honestly? You were thinking Getzlaf was going to finish the season with like 40 points? He just got off to a terrible start, just like the entire Anaheim Ducks. The top line didn't have a goal until like 5 games in or whatever it was. Same could be said about Ovechkin, and it's not like he is going to finish with a 60 point season unless plagued with injuries.

P.S. I picked him in my draft. He is a good 'ole Saskatchewan boy, I knew it was a matter of time before he showed up, and he did that in a big way against Detroit.

Not one person said this

Chicago Blackhawks GM

Jesus didn't tap.
Go to Top of Page

Guest4744
( )

Posted - 11/01/2008 :  23:19:40  Reply with Quote
5 points in one game isn't good enough?
I have him too I guarantee 80+ points this year
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll