Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Search
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Hockey Forums
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... Trades and Rumors
 Garon for Saborin Allow Anonymous Users Reply to This Topic...
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Pasty7
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
2312 Posts

Posted - 01/17/2009 :  09:46:51  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/2009/01/17/garon_trade/

Matty Garon has been dealt at last the oil has decided on their goaltending dilema, Personally i think though it may not seem like it the pens are the clear winners here,, Garon is paid nothing espcially for the quality goaltending he brings to the table.. this year he has struggled but in my opinion matty garon is a number 1 goalie who just always got stuck behind a better goalie

Pasty

lyall
PickupHockey Pro

360 Posts

Posted - 01/17/2009 :  10:14:28  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
But Garon is a UFA at the end of the season and with The way he has played this year & the 3 goalie situation, it is unlikey he would have got re-signed. So the Oilers ended getting 3 players. If they all end up being a bust, well its better than nothing. I just don't know why we got another mediocore goalie. That doesn't fix the situation, it just changes the names of the people in it it.

"I Was So Happy I Gave Kerry Fraser A Hug" -Bill Guerin
Go to Top of Page

lyall
PickupHockey Pro

360 Posts

Posted - 01/17/2009 :  10:29:36  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I just seen that Sabourin is a UFA at the end of the season too. Kind of a stupid trade, but at lease the Oil got a draft pick and Stone.

Go to Top of Page

DangleFest89
Rookie

122 Posts

Posted - 01/17/2009 :  13:18:25  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
goodluck to Garon hope he plays great and leads Pit to the Stanley Cup maybe then MacT can get fired for never starting him ugh
Go to Top of Page

Beans15

Canada
8286 Posts

Posted - 01/17/2009 :  16:26:27  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I think Lyall hit it on the head. One of the three headed monster would be cut off in the off season. The Oilers actually made a pretty decent move here.

Not only do they basically trade 2nd string goalies, but they also save about $500,000 in cap space for the rest of the year, pick up a draft pick, and a plugger. So thinking that Garon wouldn't be resigned anyways, Garon and Saborin are a wash. So, Edmonton picks up a draft pick and a player for nothing.

And why would MacT start Garon any more??? Less than .900 save percentage, over 3 GAA and less than a .500 record. Look at Roloson, who has over a .900 save percentage, less than a 3 GAA and a nearly .500 record??

That's a no brainer.

Edited by - Beans15 on 01/17/2009 16:31:25
Go to Top of Page

DangleFest89
Rookie

122 Posts

Posted - 01/17/2009 :  23:18:14  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
your right cause roloson has proven himself over his whole career haha has he ever had a winning season yeah good news garon finally gets a chance to play and he gets traded next day after playing amazing. wait your a MacT fan haha
Go to Top of Page

lyall
PickupHockey Pro

360 Posts

Posted - 01/18/2009 :  00:16:10  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Sabourin isn't even reporting to Edmonton. He is gunna get waived or thrown into another trade. The Oilers are going with Roli & J.D...at least for now.

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page