Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Search
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Hockey Forums
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... User Polls
 Most Overrated player in the NHL Allow Anonymous Users Reply to This Topic...
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Guest6192
( )

Posted - 01/31/2009 :  21:17:18  Reply with Quote
Poll Question:
Most Overrated player in the NHL

Choices:

Dion Phanuef
Sidney Crosby
Rob Blake
Jason Pominville
Daniel Alfredsson
Alexei Kovalev
Mike Komisarek
Jonathon Toews
Markus Naslund
Other (who)

Guest6192
( )

Posted - 01/31/2009 :  21:18:35  Reply with Quote
Phanuef is Terrible. Thats who i voted for. I was thinking about Komisarek or Kovalev
Go to Top of Page

Guest5604
( )

Posted - 02/01/2009 :  02:29:27  Reply with Quote
kovalev, I really don't see why he is so great like everyone says. and to all the french people yes i have seen the video on youtube but that doesn't mean anything. if he could put it top shelf everytime, why did he suck so much in the accuracy contest then hmm? enjoy that tidbit
Go to Top of Page

Guest4979
( )

Posted - 02/01/2009 :  08:17:02  Reply with Quote
Did you just say Phaneuf is terrible, if you think that then you're a huge dumb ass .
Go to Top of Page

Beans15

Canada
8286 Posts

Posted - 02/01/2009 :  10:35:10  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I also voted for Phaneuf. Not becaue I think he is a horrible hockey player. He is far from that. But, because he is on the cover of NHL 09 and he can hit people, it does not make him the best in the league. In fact, based on his play this year and the fact he still makes a ton of mistakes in the defensive end, I would be hard pressed to put him in the top 10 in the league. The one really positive thing you can say about him this year is that he swallows up a ton of minutes.

I can not stress enough that I do not think Phaneuf is a bad player. He is not that at all. But overrated, he is. People talk about him like he is going to win the Norris and that he will lead Canada's defensive core at the Olympics. Give your head a shake.

That's why I picked him. Good?? definately. Great??? Very borderline. Norris??? Wake up, you are dreaming.
Go to Top of Page

Guest2758
( )

Posted - 03/01/2009 :  17:56:51  Reply with Quote
Jonathan Cheechoo
Go to Top of Page

Guest9918
( )

Posted - 03/02/2009 :  08:16:59  Reply with Quote
For all those who voted for Crosby, get a life. Obviously you're not voting because you know about hockey, your voting because your jealous. Seriously, how can you say he's overrated when he's been arguably one of the best in the league since he arrived.
Go to Top of Page

Guest8228
( )

Posted - 03/02/2009 :  14:38:15  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Guest2758

Jonathan Cheechoo

Nobody has rated him "anything" since the year after his 50+ goals. You have to be rated to be rated over your worth.

I wish I could play Admin for ONE day.
Go to Top of Page

Guest4901
( )

Posted - 03/02/2009 :  15:34:32  Reply with Quote
THEY"RE ALL GREAT
Go to Top of Page

Guest5898
( )

Posted - 03/02/2009 :  15:36:12  Reply with Quote
iginla's skill is overated
Go to Top of Page

Guest2244
( )

Posted - 03/02/2009 :  21:27:26  Reply with Quote
Crosby. Because yes he is good, but for all the expectations they had about him and for all the advertisement about he will run they NHL and all that.

c'mon, and they even put him captain. The guy is too young, he is good, but not as good as they all say.

but im not saying he won't be an all-star, but right now, he is really over rated
Go to Top of Page

Jephman
Top Prospect

Canada
52 Posts

Posted - 03/03/2009 :  17:04:04  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have to agree with Beans 100%. Phaneuf isn't terrible, but he is far from defensively solid.

And why the hell is Jason Pominville on that list?
Go to Top of Page

Guest9847
( )

Posted - 03/06/2009 :  05:07:45  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Guest6192

Phanuef is Terrible. Thats who i voted for. I was thinking about Komisarek or Kovalev

phaneuf played well his first 2 seasons but now you never hear his name. he's just become an average D
Go to Top of Page

Guest6115
( )

Posted - 03/06/2009 :  05:28:15  Reply with Quote
Markus Naslund, head and shoulders above the rest. He had a great few years in Vancouver a long time ago, then proceeded to decline in each of his last 4 years in Vancouver.

Then the Rangers come along and completely over pay him
Go to Top of Page

Guest4780
( )

Posted - 03/06/2009 :  05:55:28  Reply with Quote
carey price...more holes than swiss cheese, but yet still the canadiens saviour.
Go to Top of Page

Pasty7
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
2312 Posts

Posted - 03/06/2009 :  07:11:54  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
i'm just baffled on how Rob Blake's name made this list/?? he's a futur Hall of Famer and one of the all time best....... almost say he is underated because of how well he is doing this year in his twilight years.

And may i offer an explanation for the Phaneuf example.. maybe its because of fans such as myself who live here on the east coast, unless i want to stay up untill 1 am even 2 sometimes i don't see the west coast teams play all that often,, but on sportsnet the next day i see Dion laying out players and pounding a rocket into the back of the net,,,, this is why i highly stress to everyone before you rant about a player make sure you have seen him play more than just 1 or 2 games,,, or even worse just highlights and hear say, i personaly don't see enough of the west coast teams to have any real argument against anyone who watchs their games regularly,,, granted i watched the Wild edmonton game last saturday and i must say Liam Reddox impressed me.

Pasty
Go to Top of Page

Guest7913
( )

Posted - 03/06/2009 :  08:09:55  Reply with Quote
I would have to say as of late, Ales Hemsky. It seems as though he has realized the Edmonton coaching staff is giving him a free ride so he's taking it. The guy has put in no effort in the last 5 games yet people in Edmonton are still going go-go ga-ga over him. This guy needs to wake up if he ever once to be concidered (sp?) an elite player.
Go to Top of Page

Guest4031
( )

Posted - 03/06/2009 :  08:13:41  Reply with Quote
this is a joke. phaneuf is one of the best defenceman in the NHL
last year phaneuf came 2nd in voting for the norris trophy. he has also been in every all-star game since he started in the NHL
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page