Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Search
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Hockey Forums
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... User Polls
 2009 Trade Deadline Winner? Allow Anonymous Users Reply to This Topic...
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

admin
Forum Admin

Canada
2338 Posts

Posted - 03/04/2009 :  13:31:30  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Poll Question:
Of the teams who are still in the Playoff hunt which was the trade deadline winner?

Choices:

New York Rangers
Calgary Flames
Boston Bruins
Pittsburg Penguins
Other (who?)

Jephman
Top Prospect

Canada
52 Posts

Posted - 03/04/2009 :  15:01:58  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I say the Flames because they did exactly what they set out to do. Get a forward (Jokinen) and a defenseman (Leopold).
Go to Top of Page

Guest9633
( )

Posted - 03/04/2009 :  15:13:13  Reply with Quote
Calgary probably made the best moves, but edmonton and phoenix didnt do too bad either. Who would have thought carcillo was worth upshall and a pick?
Go to Top of Page

Guest4803
( )

Posted - 03/04/2009 :  15:14:19  Reply with Quote
phoneix has to be the winner today......a 1st and 2nd round pick...lombardi prust kalinin dawes prucha upshall for 2 players that were making to much and didnt wanna be there and one headcase
Go to Top of Page

Thrasher
Rookie

Canada
155 Posts

Posted - 03/04/2009 :  18:22:25  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The question is which playoff team. We all know the Coyotes won the day, but out of the playoff teams which one did better. Calgary might be, wondering if they gave up too much though. I loved Bostons, nothing huge, just a playoff experienced player with good shut down skills and loves to play hard and physical. Pitt may do well. The Kunitz deal was before the deadline but so far i love how that is working out. We will see if Billy can play like he is ten years younger and help the Penguins make the playoffs and give a good run.

Edmonton's deal seemed good as well. I'm hoping that they get in, being from Alberta, perhaps a Calgary Edmonton round one. Wow, NHL fans would be drooling. O'Sullivan hasn't had the greatest year, but he is skilled enough to be able to fit in with this lineup.

Calgary probably wins, but not in the long run. They obviously feel this is their year to win it if any.

I Promise I didn't give her the STD, I'm not a sharing person.
Go to Top of Page

Guest6030
( )

Posted - 03/04/2009 :  18:32:49  Reply with Quote
I would say Pittsburgh because of they added 2 players who already won the stanley cup (Kunitz and Guerin). Kunitz is already doing well, Guerin willl do well for sure. Pittsburgh got what they needed not only to make the playoffs, but to go far in the playoffs.
Go to Top of Page

Leafs Rock Planet
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
902 Posts

Posted - 03/04/2009 :  18:48:43  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I think the Flames definetely improved there roster on paper but im not sold on them being able to compete with San Jose or Detroit like some analysts are suggesting.

The Jokinen aquisition was a solid move but I dont think Jordan Leopold will make as much of an impact as some people think he will.
Go to Top of Page

Guest8815
( )

Posted - 03/04/2009 :  20:50:44  Reply with Quote
How about the worst deadline day? Buffalo Sabres hands down. Essentially traded Ales Kotalik for... Dominic Moore. yay.

Im pretty excited to have Kotalik & O'Sullivan aboard Edmonton. O'Sullivan will be yet another young gun to add to the batch Edmonton already has. Kotalik can hopefully produce well on the Top Line alongside Hemsky. Either way i think we got a bargain with Cole & a 5th for the two.
Go to Top of Page

Gostarsgo12
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
437 Posts

Posted - 03/07/2009 :  16:26:48  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Guest8815

How about the worst deadline day? Buffalo Sabres hands down. Essentially traded Ales Kotalik for... Dominic Moore. yay.

Im pretty excited to have Kotalik & O'Sullivan aboard Edmonton. O'Sullivan will be yet another young gun to add to the batch Edmonton already has. Kotalik can hopefully produce well on the Top Line alongside Hemsky. Either way i think we got a bargain with Cole & a 5th for the two.

Disgree completly. They resigned Connolly who is a point per game player when healthy. Dominic Moore has more points then Kotalik and picked up a good goalie in Tellqvist who can start while Miller is injured.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page