Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Search
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Hockey Forums
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... User Polls
 CHAMPIONS OF THE WEST Allow Anonymous Users Reply to This Topic...
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Guest4031
( )

Posted - 03/06/2009 :  08:22:29  Reply with Quote
Poll Question:
Which team will represent the western conference at the Stanley Cup finals?

Choices:

San Jose Sharks
Detroit Redwings
Calgary Flames
Chicago Blackhawks
Columbus Bluejackets
Vancouver Cnucks
Nashville Predators
Edmonton Oilers
Anahiem Ducks
Dallas Stars
Minnesota Wild

Guest9235
( )

Posted - 03/07/2009 :  13:35:06  Reply with Quote
Detroit in all likelyhood. As long as their goaltending is good they can do it. San Jose has choked the past 3 years, and im not sure how calgary would do. Unfortunatley, they may be the team to do it, between them and detroit, but there are too many votes for the oilers, i very seriously doubt they could, and this is from an oilers fan.
Go to Top of Page

Jephman
Top Prospect

Canada
52 Posts

Posted - 03/07/2009 :  20:00:50  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have to vote for Calgary. I felt at the start of they year they could contend, but with the additions of Leopold who helped them in '04, and Jokinen who is a serious offensive threat, it is their conference championship to lose in my opinion. I didn't say Detroit because Osgood is doing terrible this year, and year after year San Jose seems to fall apart in the post season.

I wish I could say Minnesota, however, they need to make a run to get into the playoff picture, because that team is built for playoff hockey.

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

4809 Posts

Posted - 03/08/2009 :  19:46:07  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Gotta stick with Detroit, for now. Anything can happen in the playoffs with a hot goalie or a fluky o/t goal, but . . . they are the defending champs, and look very much as if some team will have to play absolutely amazing hockey to beat them.

I've been watching for the results of every "big game" this year for Detroit, and they have won almost every one. A more professional, workmanlike champion I have not seen since the old Devils . . . who they may meet in the finals this year, who knows?

"Take off, eh?" - Bob and Doug
Go to Top of Page

Axey
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
877 Posts

Posted - 03/09/2009 :  12:21:32  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'm gonna go on a limb and say Vancouver. Don't like them at all, but I have a hunch. They will meet Jersey in the finals and have the ultimate goalie showdown.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page