Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Search
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Hockey Forums
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... General Hockey Chat
 Jason Blake - 3 stars Allow Anonymous Users Reply to This Topic...
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

hanley6
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
674 Posts

Posted - 02/17/2009 :  20:09:51  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Poll Question:
What do you think of this one? At the moment Jason Blake has more 3 stars of the game than any other player in the NHL this year..

Choices:

I beleive it, he''''s been great this year
that''''''''s not true, get your facts straight
not for long

Edited by - hanley6 on 02/17/2009 20:11:00

hanley6
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
674 Posts

Posted - 02/17/2009 :  20:35:45  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
it's true, if you don't believe me go look it up for yourself and see who currently has the most 3 star
Go to Top of Page

Bozonator
Top Prospect

57 Posts

Posted - 02/18/2009 :  00:59:01  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Alright so even if he has more 3 stars than anyone. You need to think that he has been one of the only bright spots for Toronto this season. So if any Toronto player on a given night gets a start it would more than likely be Blake. He has been hot as of late and scoring quite a few goals, but when you look at teams that are more consistent and in the playoff run more players are pitching in. So good for Blake, but not that great of an accomplishment in my mind.
Go to Top of Page

Reeder17
Rookie

Canada
112 Posts

Posted - 02/18/2009 :  05:44:49  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Its not hard to be in the three stars in Toronto

Crosby is Jesus the Lord & Savior of the NHL, get over yourself McGuire.

Gretzky has never once high-sticked a member of the Toronto Maple Leafs.
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

4809 Posts

Posted - 02/18/2009 :  06:22:43  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hanley - Jason Blake being the top 3star guy is a reflection of how bad Toronto is, and how easy it is to shine for them.

On any other team, Blake this year would be a decent, solid piece of the puzzle - here, because he has suddenly found his game, he's a superstar, relatively speaking. And, you must keep in mind that the 3 stars thing is pretty subjective . . . I've seen some strange picks and non-picks. It's an indicator, but not a very good one.

That being said, he's played quite well of late.

"Take off, eh?" - Bob and Doug
Go to Top of Page

MSC
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
601 Posts

Posted - 02/18/2009 :  07:04:11  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Being one of the stars in a Toronto game is like being the smartest retard.
Go to Top of Page

Guest7752
( )

Posted - 02/18/2009 :  07:14:30  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by slozo

Hanley - Jason Blake being the top 3star guy is a reflection of how bad Toronto is, and how easy it is to shine for them.

Exactly.
This is what i've been trying to tell Leaf Fans (in other forum) about how easy it was for Sundin to shine in Toronto....
Go to Top of Page

Beans15

Canada
8286 Posts

Posted - 02/18/2009 :  07:49:13  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by hanley6

it's true, if you don't believe me go look it up for yourself and see who currently has the most 3 star

Where did you find this information??? I can't see to find anything on the 3 star of the game.
Go to Top of Page

Guest6484
( )

Posted - 02/18/2009 :  08:59:20  Reply with Quote
everytime im on this forum its always everyone hating on the leafs. i seriously think they have been having an alright year. and look out in the next two years tops they are gonna be contenders and now that worthless sundin left the young players actually get the puck instead of the dumb sweed hogging the pucck and the whole team follow sundin
Go to Top of Page

Beans15

Canada
8286 Posts

Posted - 02/18/2009 :  09:14:04  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Ah, finally, a voice of reason arrives.

I think I heard that same "watch out in 2 years" comment 2 years ago. And 2 years before that!! Leaf fans, I am not bashing you. Really, I feel sorry for you. At least most other teams have a chance at the playoffs each year. Every 2 years, your team is"rebuilding" but always rebuilds with overpriced, overrated players. Such as Jason Blake. His $4 million cap hit is higher than the likes of Kunitz, Kozlov, Whitney, Stillman, Kostitsyn, Frolov, Cleary, Wolski, Miettinen, Holmstrom, and Eriksson.

Maybe not all of those players, but most of those guys I would put over Blake any day of the week.

And as stated above, being 3rd Star with Toronto this year is nothing to be too excited about.
Go to Top of Page

Guest6824
( )

Posted - 02/18/2009 :  09:35:37  Reply with Quote
I dont think the leafs have ever actually 'rebuilt'. Even now, they havent traded for any picks or prospects....they made deals for Lee Stempniak and Brad May.

In previous years there was no talk of rebuild at all, it was augmenting the core with free agents or trades. Guys like Nolan,Leetch,Lindros,Allsion, Oneal and Peca came in to put them 'over the top'.

Im a die hard leaf fan, but this whole 'wait 2 years' thing is a joke. Even if we draft high this year and next, it is going to take years before those kids become bonifide NHL players. The leafs will be lucky to be a playoff team in 5 years.
Go to Top of Page

Guest0491
( )

Posted - 02/18/2009 :  16:24:11  Reply with Quote
So ? who gives a crap? I bet i would be in the three stars every night if i played in that lame of a team
hanley u haven't made a good pool yet
u know why? because their all about the leafs

Go to Top of Page

hanley6
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
674 Posts

Posted - 02/18/2009 :  16:26:35  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Beans15

I think I heard that same "watch out in 2 years" comment 2 years ago. And 2 years before that!! Leaf fans, I am not bashing you. Really, I feel sorry for you. At least most other teams have a chance at the playoffs each year. Every 2 years, your team is"rebuilding" but always rebuilds with overpriced, overrated players. Such as Jason Blake. His $4 million cap hit is higher than the likes of Kunitz, Kozlov, Whitney, Stillman, Kostitsyn, Frolov, Cleary, Wolski, Miettinen, Holmstrom, and Eriksson.

Maybe not all of those players, but most of those guys I would put over Blake any day of the week.

And as stated above, being 3rd Star with Toronto this year is nothing to be too excited about.

from the way Blake has been performing this year. He's a better player with more heart, speed and skill and deserves a higher salary than all of those guys you mentioned
Go to Top of Page

hanley6
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
674 Posts

Posted - 02/18/2009 :  16:30:32  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Guest0491

So ? who gives a crap? I bet i would be in the three stars every night if i played in that lame of a team
hanley u haven't made a good pool yet
u know why? because their all about the leafs

not all, and just because it's about the Leafs doesn't make it a good or bad POLL not pool. Another thing if the Leafs lose all the time because they suck so bad then how can a on the Leafs have so many 3 star of the games, it's simple Blake is playing Great, Both Blake and Moore have been 2 of the best paired up on a line in the last 2 to 3 months. Another thing if you hate the Leafs that much or don't like my topics then don't bother checking them out.. Save your stress little buddy, it's ok, you'll be fine one day

Edited by - hanley6 on 02/18/2009 16:37:28
Go to Top of Page

hanley6
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
674 Posts

Posted - 02/18/2009 :  16:33:36  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:

Where did you find this information??? I can't see to find anything on the 3 star of the game.

a tsn broadcaster brought it up during the Leaf, Sabres game. That Jason Blake has more 3 Star of the games than any other player in the NHL this year... I thought that was very interesting because he has been on fire in the past 3 months, but I thought forsure Malkin or Ovechkin would have more
Go to Top of Page

Beans15

Canada
8286 Posts

Posted - 02/18/2009 :  18:47:11  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:

from the way Blake has been performing this year. He's a better player with more heart, speed and skill and deserves a higher salary than all of those guys you mentioned

3 decent months does not make up for the fact that he has under acheived as Leaf overall. Not too many (if any) of the players I listed have been healthy scratches at really any points.

And to say that heart, speed, and skill over the likes of Kovlov, and specifically Holmstrom is more than a complete joke. Holmstrom plays more of this time getting beat on in front of the net, night after night. Dan Cleary plays with more heart that most anyone else. Frolov has twice the speed and skill as Blake.

I'm not asking for your change your choices and who you are a fan of or not, but I would appreciate a little more objectivity. It really seems like your world is viewed through Blue and White Glasses.
Go to Top of Page

Guest4631
( )

Posted - 02/18/2009 :  19:47:07  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:

quote:

a tsn broadcaster brought it up during the Leaf, Sabres game. That Jason Blake has more 3 Star of the games than any other player in the NHL this year... I thought that was very interesting because he has been on fire in the past 3 months, but I thought forsure Malkin or Ovechkin would have more

hanley i watched this game and i believe that the anouncer said was that ...... blake hadnt been in the top 3 stars once in the first 2 months of the season. now he led the team in most 3 star appearences.. Once again that was team not league
Go to Top of Page

MSC
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
601 Posts

Posted - 02/19/2009 :  06:51:26  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
haha, oh man I hope this is true...I love how leaf fans manage to hear what they want to hear and miss what doesn't suit their tastes. Although the same could definatly be said for Montreal.
Go to Top of Page

Porkchop73
PickupHockey Pro

640 Posts

Posted - 02/19/2009 :  07:04:15  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Let me give you one reason why Jason Blake has picked up his play. HE WANTS TO GET TRADED!!!!!. Plain and simple. He was benched for the first time in his career early this season and that did not and never will sit well with him. Everyone saw him pout and cry over that. He was and has been reported to be disconnected in dressing room. To me it is quite obvious that the only reason Blake is playing better is to make his trade stock rise. It is too bad JFJ grossly overpaid this guy so that no one could possibly want to pick him up.
I also watched the game (as I watch all leaf games) and the TSN report during the Leaf/Sabres game did state he now has the most 3 star selections on the Maple Leafs team - not the NHL.

Edited by - Porkchop73 on 02/19/2009 07:12:16
Go to Top of Page

Pasty7
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
2312 Posts

Posted - 02/19/2009 :  14:14:36  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by MSC

haha, oh man I hope this is true...I love how leaf fans manage to hear what they want to hear and miss what doesn't suit their tastes. Although the same could definatly be said for Montreal.

scroll down the NHL.com page you'll see the three stars of the night click on the top right hand side where it says this year.... the three pictures will change and they will be of the three leaders on the NHL three stars selection for this year the three pictures are of Ovetchkin, Crosby and Nik Backstrom (min's goalie) not blake

Pasty
Go to Top of Page

MSC
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
601 Posts

Posted - 02/19/2009 :  14:19:32  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Get out of here, that makes way to much sense to be true.
Go to Top of Page

Pasty7
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
2312 Posts

Posted - 02/19/2009 :  14:21:26  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
http://www.nhl.com/ice/threestarsstandings.htm

heres a link to the complete list of the three star standings

in the top 30 no leafs player... i didn't feel like searching more

Pasty
Go to Top of Page

hanley6
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
674 Posts

Posted - 02/19/2009 :  14:22:25  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Pasty7

quote:
Originally posted by MSC

scroll down the NHL.com page you'll see the three stars of the night click on the top right hand side where it says this year.... the three pictures will change and they will be of the three leaders on the NHL three stars selection for this year the three pictures are of Ovetchkin, Crosby and Nik Backstrom (min's goalie) not blake

Pasty

that's not the leaders of the most 3 stars of the game this year, that's everyone's votes for player of the week, which is stupid I mean look at all the Montreal picks for the All star break, same difference there

Edited by - hanley6 on 02/19/2009 14:23:27
Go to Top of Page

Pasty7
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
2312 Posts

Posted - 02/19/2009 :  14:28:23  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:
Originally posted by Pasty7

quote:
Originally posted by MSC

Pasty

that's not the leaders of the most 3 stars of the game this year, that's everyone's votes for player of the week, which is stupid I mean look at all the Montreal picks for the All star break, same difference there

nope read it carefully it even shows how many 1rst star selections they have had they tabulate points for firs second and third stars and thats how they make the list you were wrong bud dont argue admitt it and move on

Pasty
Go to Top of Page

fat_elvis_rocked
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
902 Posts

Posted - 02/19/2009 :  14:40:43  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Very neat link Pasty...thanks! It doesn't get much clearer than this...

"NHL Three Star Standings".....

No references to fan voting.

Face it, you're grasping if you can't see that, Hanley my friend.
Go to Top of Page

hanley6
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
674 Posts

Posted - 02/19/2009 :  14:44:26  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Guest4631

quote:

quote:

quote:

hanley i watched this game and i believe that the anouncer said was that ...... blake hadnt been in the top 3 stars once in the first 2 months of the season. now he led the team in most 3 star appearences.. Once again that was team not league

no he said Blake has the most 3 stars appearances over anyone in the league.. I hope someone finds it so you can see for yourselves
Go to Top of Page

goleafsgosjnb
Top Prospect

Canada
98 Posts

Posted - 02/19/2009 :  14:49:26  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I didn't see a "who cares"option so i didn't vote.

Jason Blake's having a good year though, hopefully the Leafs can sucker someone into giving them a draft pick or two for him. Montreal seems to be handing those out like candy lately (Schneider bahahaha!)
Go to Top of Page

Guest4631
( )

Posted - 02/19/2009 :  15:24:03  Reply with Quote
hanley why dont you find it to prove us wrong. everyone here is finding proof that shows you were wrong. so either admit " i heard the anouncer wrong and made a mistake" or find some reall proof to prove us wrong. your claiming to be right without any proof and frankly no one is gonna take your word for it
Go to Top of Page

Guest4841
( )

Posted - 02/19/2009 :  21:41:30  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by fat_elvis_rocked

Very neat link Pasty...thanks! It doesn't get much clearer than this...

"NHL Three Star Standings".....

No references to fan voting.

Face it, you're grasping if you can't see that, Hanley my friend.

Actually you are both wrong, NHL.com picks the three stars of the night every night and thats what that is. It is not the 3 stars of each game its the 3 over all stars of the night, so in the canucks game tonight Alex Burrows was the 3rd star, but that does not mean his third star will be put on the NHL.com list
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

4809 Posts

Posted - 02/20/2009 :  05:23:34  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
It's true - this is the NHL's version of gamenight 3star selections, so yeah, it isn't the individual team 3 star selection totals. However, being a curious guy, I scrolled down to see who the first Leaf would be, and do you know who it was?

Vesa Toskala, tied for 61st place with 30 points with a tonne of other guys (they have him listed as 120).

The next Leaf? Nik Antropov.
Didn't find Blake.

So, I think, Hanley, an apology is in order: it is clear to me that Vesa Toskala is the best Leaf, is clearly underrated, and everyone should recognise what a great player he is!!!

Go to Top of Page

fat_elvis_rocked
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
902 Posts

Posted - 02/20/2009 :  07:17:25  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

I'm almost feeling bad for Hanley....almost.

I think Blake was at 41st....higher than I would have thought too, perhaps that's why you missed him Slozo...
He had 50 pts. including a 1st star, so that means at most, 2 other 3rd stars or 1, 2nd star selection...wow...dominant.
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

4809 Posts

Posted - 02/20/2009 :  08:58:12  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Oh no! I did miss him . . . tied for 42nd place with 50 points. oops!

Well, at least that ties him with Heatley, Kunitz, Sellane and Hossa - and it puts him ahead of such slackers as Carter, Datsyuk, Gagne and Kane. He must be great!

Go to Top of Page

Chriso88
Top Prospect

10 Posts

Posted - 02/24/2009 :  11:06:50  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I think Reeder is absolutely right! He is so amazing! I wish I could make sweet love to him, and I'm not gay! Well....maybe

In the playoffs, will beats skill.
Go to Top of Page

Guest4806
( )

Posted - 02/24/2009 :  11:53:06  Reply with Quote
Hanley6,

I have been reading the forums quite a bit over the past year, and I must admit the obvious - a large percentage of your posts are completely ridiculous. How old are you - 10? You're trying too hard to make a legitimate post regarding the Leafs, their players and how they are a top team in the NHL.
Stop making posts regarding something you thought you heard on TV or from your playground buddies. I know you're really trying hard to find something good to post about the Leafs but wait until that actually happens!
Aside from that, I know that you are trying your best to defend the Blue and White so I'll give you that! I look forward to debating your future posts within the upcoming weeks and months.
Go to Top of Page

Hustler90
Top Prospect

Canada
53 Posts

Posted - 02/25/2009 :  17:05:32  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Speaking of 3 stars. Jason Blake's problem is that he tries to be all 3 stars. He could pass around the puck a little more. Though that once it leaves his stick theres a good chance its going no where haha. I like the crazy s*** he has done this year but my god he is a terrible team player. If this guy is on the first line of any hockey team, expect them to never win the Stanley Cup or probably even make the playoffs.
Go to Top of Page

Guest7752
( )

Posted - 02/26/2009 :  13:01:04  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Hustler90
If this guy is on the first line of any hockey team, expect them to never win the Stanley Cup or probably even make the playoffs.

That's why he's in Toronto.
He's Toronto's next "sundin".
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page