Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Search
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Hockey Forums
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... General Hockey Chat
 Who Will Blink First? Allow Anonymous Users Reply to This Topic...
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

n/a
deleted

4809 Posts

Posted - 02/23/2009 :  09:10:17  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Poll Question:
As the trade deadline approaches rapidly (3pm EST on March 4th), there must be some very nervous general managers out there. Not one even half-decent player has been traded yet, even from the teams that are already out of the playoff race, and that is sure to change soon. This looks like it'll go down to the wire!

Which team(s) will make the big trade first?

"Take off, eh?" - Bob and Doug

Choices:

Florida (Bouwmeester)
Toronto (Antropov, many others)
Tampa Bay (one of the big guys?)
Ottawa (Spezza or a d-man?)
Colorado (lots of scoring to trade)
Anaheim (maybe the Pronger rumours are true)
Other - write below

Guest0781
( )

Posted - 02/23/2009 :  12:58:06  Reply with Quote
My Uncle was talking to Tim Murray (Sens Ast. G.M.) who says Ottawa is looking to trade spezza so they can sign Bouwmeester if this is true Ottawas d is looking good they still have Phillips an Volchenkov Karlsson is almost ready and they just got Campoliwatch out if they get Bouwmeester
Go to Top of Page

Guest0781
( )

Posted - 02/23/2009 :  12:58:49  Reply with Quote
watch out I meant
Go to Top of Page

Guest9836
( )

Posted - 02/23/2009 :  13:06:08  Reply with Quote
That would be quite a leak if you're right.
Go to Top of Page

tbar
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
376 Posts

Posted - 02/23/2009 :  13:23:15  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
My Uncle Brian Burke said lol what a JOKE.
Go to Top of Page

Jephman
Top Prospect

Canada
52 Posts

Posted - 02/23/2009 :  16:12:04  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I wouldn't be surprised is the Senators trade Spezza for Bouwmeester and maybe a pick. The only concern is, Ottawa is giving up Spezza for an elite defenseman who only has 1 year left on his contract, so it might be all for nothing.

But other than that, I'm saying Toronto makes a trade.
Go to Top of Page

Odin
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
350 Posts

Posted - 02/24/2009 :  09:56:08  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Slozo, you don't think Schneider is half decent?
Go to Top of Page

Guest9691
( )

Posted - 02/24/2009 :  19:54:19  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Odin

Not right now when he is 50 years old. A 28 yr old Schneider would be better than half decent. Schneider now is 1/8 decent. That's like saying Chelios (who will not get traded) is half decent. Not right now, but in his prime he was 8x (on a scale of 10x for Orr) decent.
Go to Top of Page

ThorntonisTHEMAN
PickupHockey Pro

499 Posts

Posted - 02/24/2009 :  21:08:08  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Guest9691

quote:
Originally posted by Odin

Not right now when he is 50 years old. A 28 yr old Schneider would be better than half decent. Schneider now is 1/8 decent. That's like saying Chelios (who will not get traded) is half decent. Not right now, but in his prime he was 8x (on a scale of 10x for Orr) decent.

haha I love your numbers! Brilliant! Awesome post.

Edited by - ThorntonisTHEMAN on 02/24/2009 21:08:23
Go to Top of Page

Axey
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
877 Posts

Posted - 02/24/2009 :  21:18:30  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Wow, Schneider not decent? Tell it to the 2 missiles he let loose. Perfect fit for the Habs, and just because he is old doesn't mean a thing. Their PP is rolling right now with him sitting back on the point. I'd say he is decent.
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

4809 Posts

Posted - 02/25/2009 :  04:18:35  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hmm . . . well, at the very most, Schneider at this point in his career is like Larry Murphy when he went to the Leafs: he could look like an old, slow fart on a bad team, or he could be added to a great roster and bring experience and leadership and power play help.

On Montreal, it's somewhere in between. For me, Schneider is not the big trade that significantly changes two teams' line-ups and gets a flurry of other trades going. That's just my opinion though, I am sure many may disagree . . .

Go to Top of Page

Guest2211
( )

Posted - 02/25/2009 :  11:57:33  Reply with Quote
why would Ottawa possibly trade Spezza for a guy whose a free agent after this season? The sens aren't going to make the playoffs. Last time I checked they were well over 12 points out of 8th. Bouwmeester will only go to a contending team looking to solidify, not a team on a failed season hoping to close the gap on how much they miss the playoffs by. I've never met your uncle but are you sure he wasn't just talking to someone pretending to be the assistant GM of the Sens in a chat room?
Go to Top of Page

Guest0702
( )

Posted - 02/25/2009 :  14:17:02  Reply with Quote
I'm guest 0781 and i never said Ottawa would trade spezza for Bouwmeester (sorry if that was confusing) i said trade Spezza then sign Bouwmeester as a free agent
Go to Top of Page

Hustler90
Top Prospect

Canada
53 Posts

Posted - 02/25/2009 :  16:34:00  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'd say Toronto goes first. Their gonna have to start soon if they plan on making all these trades Brian Burkes been babbling about.
Go to Top of Page

Guest3741
( )

Posted - 02/26/2009 :  09:35:59  Reply with Quote
Toronto and Vancouver first.
they are just waiting for Kaberle to be declared fit then he is off to Vancouver with a forth round pick for Vancouver's 1st round pick, Mason Raymond and
Rick Rypien
Go to Top of Page

Pasty7
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
2312 Posts

Posted - 02/26/2009 :  09:57:25  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The pens and the ducks officially blinked first sending Ryan Whitney to ANH for Chris Kunitz and i foget the other i'll go back to sportsnet and check but more importantly this means almost surly One of the ducks two big defenders may be on the move!

Pasty
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

4809 Posts

Posted - 02/27/2009 :  05:44:04  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yep - I would say that the Penguins blinked first here.

Well, it makes sense . . . the Penguins have gone from finalist to out of the playoff picture rather quickly, and with two of the top three players on your team, this is pretty unnacceptable. I still really don't think it was a wise move for the Pens to let go of Whitney . . . big, young, offensive upside defencemen don't grow on trees. But in this case, the Pens get some much needed support for their top two lines, as Kunitz brings grit and extra scoring; and all the hockey commentators have glowing praise for the potential power forward Tangradi who was included in the deal.

Let the trading begin!

Go to Top of Page

Bozonator
Top Prospect

57 Posts

Posted - 02/27/2009 :  06:18:47  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
At first this trade seem to make no sense to me. But after thinking about it more and more, the Pens still do have 3 Offensive Defenseman in Letang, Goligoski and Gonchar. I would have just thought they would have been able to get more for Whitney. One can only dream though.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page