Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Search
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Hockey Forums
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... General Hockey Chat
 Hey Lamoriello, thanks for the kick in teeth!! Allow Anonymous Users Reply to This Topic...
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Beans15

Canada
8286 Posts

Posted - 02/25/2009 :  09:33:39  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Breaking News - Clemmenson sent to the minors!!!!

To paraphase a number of acticles, Brodeur has been activated from IR and Clemmenson has been sent to the Devil's AHL affilitiate. Nice touch for a player who just went 25-13-1, 2.39 GAA, and .917 save % stepping into arguably the biggest shoes in the league and helping NJ to 2nd in the east side.

Before the posts begin about how unfair this is, please read:

Clemmenson was brought up on emergency recall on Nov. 1. If he was not sent back down immediately, he would have had to clear waivers. Also, Weeks would have had to clear waivers to be sent down as well. Lamoriello did what he had to do so he didn't lose a player for nothing.

Here's a decent article on it.

http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=411001

Guest9538
( )

Posted - 02/25/2009 :  10:02:16  Reply with Quote
Your post is somewhat confusing. At first, you seem somewhat appalled by Lamoriello's actions, and then you state the reasons why he sent Clemmensen down (the emergency recall). Anyways, he's going to bring Clemmensen back up as soon as he is eligible, and is probably going to attempt to shop Weekes considering he only has a one way contract. Any GM's name who doesn't end with Ferguson or Wang would have made the exact same move. So it is a kick in the teeth, but Clemmensen was bracing forit anyways as part of the business.
Go to Top of Page

just1n
PickupHockey Pro

282 Posts

Posted - 02/25/2009 :  10:02:36  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
So he can be recalled without the risk of losing him on waivers in a week (after the trade deadline - whoa, only a week away!). Just a procedural thing. Are both Clemmenson and Weekes signed beyond this season?

Definitely better than having three goalies on the roster though, it wasn't a good situation in Edmonton when they did that earlier this season.
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

4809 Posts

Posted - 02/26/2009 :  04:48:46  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yep, just a formality to keep Clemmenson, as well as keep him busy. The Devils wouldn't want to lose a gaolie who played exceptionally well in Brodeur's absence.

As an aside though - can anyone see as I do that now New Jersey has an expendable goalie in Weekes? At the very least, he has been a reliable back-up with flashes of brilliance in the playoffs and as an occasional first stringer . . . I have a feeling that he will be traded to a playoff-bound team as insurance, and that as a result Clemmenson will be backing up Brodeur even earlier than a week.

"Take off, eh?" - Bob and Doug
Go to Top of Page

Guest9538
( )

Posted - 02/26/2009 :  05:05:10  Reply with Quote
Yeah i'm pretty sure i just made the exact same point that you did. No need repeating now simply because your signed into an account and i'm not.
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

4809 Posts

Posted - 02/26/2009 :  05:14:58  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Sorry, anonymous guest - who exactly made the point about a potential Weekes trade in the works?

"Take off, eh?" - Bob and Doug
Go to Top of Page

Guest9538
( )

Posted - 02/26/2009 :  07:11:32  Reply with Quote
"Anyways, he's going to bring Clemmensen back up as soon as he is eligible, and is probably going to attempt to shop Weekes considering he only has a one way contract."

Look up a couple of posts.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page