Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Search
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Hockey Forums
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... Trades and Rumors
 Where will Scott Gomez end up? Allow Anonymous Users Reply to This Topic...
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Ryan Harper
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
322 Posts

Posted - 07/25/2006 :  08:29:00  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
He will likely be awarded a contract worth $5 million plus and there is no way the Dervils can fit that under the cap. Especially since they have to sign Gionta and they have Malakhov and Mogilny taking up 7 million and not even playing. I think he will end up in Detroit for maybe a draft pick. Wherever he goes, he will come cheap.

bablaboushka
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
2417 Posts

Posted - 07/25/2006 :  11:34:41  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I think Dennis Beyak said it best, that by Gomez giving himself a price of $7 million he might have just priced himself out of the NHL. Of course he won't get that in arbitration, but it won't be far, probably around $6 million give or take. Briere set the bar way too high and Gomez, being younger than Briere, will likely get a ridiculous settlement that will match the salaries of the elite in the NHL.

As for where he'll end up. He will certainly be traded, because I don't think any team can take on $6 million (ish) without making some cap room. My guess is that he'll end up being traded to a team where there are already overplayed players, like Detroit, NYR, St. Louis, etc.
Go to Top of Page

pucker
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
398 Posts

Posted - 07/26/2006 :  09:16:22  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
He was awarded $5 million today. I agree that he will end up in Detroit. It seems that the Wings have been sitting patiently and waiting to scoop up a player or two that another team can no longer afford due to an arbitrators ruling.

Dont you think that Gomez has shot himself in the foot by declaring that he is worth 7 million. What team would want to trade for him knowing that if they want to keep him for longer than one year, they will be faced with another rediculous slaray demand next summer. Or is he UFA? Either way I would not want anything to do with him.
Go to Top of Page

goon
Rookie

Canada
113 Posts

Posted - 07/28/2006 :  07:48:58  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Sounds like the Devils are going to keep him. I don't see how they can keep all of these players including Mogilny?

http://www2.sportsnet.ca/blogs/hockey_hearsay/2006/07/27/lou_will_sign_gomez_mogilny_ba/
Go to Top of Page

semin-rules
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
1915 Posts

Posted - 12/08/2006 :  16:48:34  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
hes not goin to nyr becuase they have have there hands full with straka nylander and jagr so my guess is hes gonna go to st. lois for doug wheight
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page