Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Search
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Hockey Forums
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... General Hockey Chat
 Sedin Twins Separation Allow Anonymous Users Reply to This Topic...
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

hanley6
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
674 Posts

Posted - 02/28/2009 :  18:41:07  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
how do you think the Sedins would react and perform if they were seperated by teams?

Lunchbox
Top Prospect

Canada
88 Posts

Posted - 03/01/2009 :  00:10:37  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I honestly dont know if they would do that well. If you look at the percentage of goals where both of them register a point, its a sickeningly high percentage. Although they are rarely (almost never) on seperate lines, so that accounts for some of it. They do seem to play like they are tailor made for each other, so unless they were able to gel with someone else extremely well, i think production would definitely decrease.
Go to Top of Page

Guest4631
( )

Posted - 03/01/2009 :  10:05:48  Reply with Quote
they arnt going to seperate thats the bottom line, they would be lost without eachother
Go to Top of Page

Guest4658
( )

Posted - 03/01/2009 :  13:42:44  Reply with Quote
The Sedins got seperrated before..they still played great
Remember when Hank Sedin played in the all star game
both players can still get it done.
sorry, but what a ridiculous question!
Go to Top of Page

hanley6
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
674 Posts

Posted - 03/01/2009 :  16:23:06  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I don't think its ridiculous at all, there is already talk of a possible separation, I just wanted to see what people think on how they would react and how they would perform... I remember before they came into the league they didn't want to play on separate teams they wanted to play with each other

Edited by - hanley6 on 03/01/2009 16:25:22
Go to Top of Page

goleafsgosjnb
Top Prospect

Canada
98 Posts

Posted - 03/01/2009 :  17:43:51  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
For once, I agree. I can't imagine the Sedins separated, it would be interesting to see them on different teams.
Go to Top of Page

hanley6
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
674 Posts

Posted - 03/02/2009 :  18:37:40  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by goleafsgosjnb

For once, I agree. I can't imagine the Sedins separated, it would be interesting to see them on different teams.

thanks little buddy, hahaha its good to see someone agree with me for once but then I also enjoy when people don't are with me... As soon as I heard there was a talk of the Sedin's being separated by teams I thought this would be a great subject especially for all the Leaf haters that hate me for making post about the Leafs... I think it makes it fare for everyone here hahaha
Go to Top of Page

Guest6316
( )

Posted - 03/03/2009 :  09:38:42  Reply with Quote
They're obviously both good players, and would do alright away from each other. Henrik did just fine in his allstar game. Given the right guys to play with they'd still put up numbers.
That said, they wouldn't put up the numbers they do now, how could they? They've played along side each other for what, 20 years? Why would you take that away? The no look passes they make, just knowing the other is going to be there, would take years to develop with another player, no matter how good they were. I don't think a guy like Thorton could work as well with one of the Sedins as they do with each other. And I don't just mean by putting up numbers, either. If you look at how long they keep the puck in the offensive zone, cycling the puck, it's way more than in their own end. And it's pretty tough for the opposing team to score from their own end.
Separation of the twins won't sink them, but it'll sure slow them down.
Go to Top of Page

JERJ2008
Top Prospect

Canada
25 Posts

Posted - 03/03/2009 :  09:39:38  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Haaha oops, forgot to sign in for that last one.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page