Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Search
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Hockey Forums
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... General Hockey Chat
 Which Player Will Benefit Most With A New Team? Allow Anonymous Users Reply to This Topic...
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

n/a
deleted

4809 Posts

Posted - 03/05/2009 :  05:33:12  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Poll Question:
Quite a few players were traded to new teams yesterday, and the question is simply this: Which player will have the most improved play and better stats with his new team?

I have so much room to list all the players - if he's not on the list, post your guy below.

"Take off, eh?" - Bob and Doug

Choices:

Jokinen (CGY)
Antropov (NYR)
Guerin (PIT)
Recchi (BOS)
Morris (NYR)
O''Sullivan (CAR)
J. Williams (LA)
Cole (CAR)
Kotalik (EDM)
Moore (BUF)
Kalinin (PHO)
Dawes (PHO)
Leclaire (OTT)
Vermette (CLB)
OTHER (posted below)

MSC
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
601 Posts

Posted - 03/05/2009 :  06:56:56  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
O'Sullivan is with Edmonton.
Go to Top of Page

Guest5898
( )

Posted - 03/05/2009 :  07:09:51  Reply with Quote
kotalik and o sullivan will be good in edmonton
Go to Top of Page

ThorntonisTHEMAN
PickupHockey Pro

499 Posts

Posted - 03/05/2009 :  07:11:13  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I think it was good for Antropov to get out of Toronto! But I think both Dawes and Prucha benefit most from this trade. They are moving to a young team that won't have the pressure that New York gave them...they can take time to develop and they can learn from great teachers in Gretz and Doan....
Go to Top of Page

Axey
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
877 Posts

Posted - 03/05/2009 :  07:29:20  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
100% Jokinen, the only time he has played decent has been under Keenan. Keenan keeps the guy inline, it is exactly what he needs too. With Iggy and regehr and all of the players there with leadership he won't have such a big role like he did in Phoenix.
Go to Top of Page

Pasty7
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
2312 Posts

Posted - 03/05/2009 :  08:48:15  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Wow i cant believe noone has said Guerin he is by far the player who will most benifit the right handed shot playing with Kunitz and Crosby he'll score 10 to 12 goals before the end of the season for pittsburgh...

Pasty
Go to Top of Page

DangleFest89
Rookie

122 Posts

Posted - 03/05/2009 :  13:24:17  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Kotalik finally another LW haha
Go to Top of Page

Guest9289
( )

Posted - 03/05/2009 :  13:24:27  Reply with Quote
Definitely Guerin playing along side Crosby and Kunitz
Go to Top of Page

Beans15

Canada
8286 Posts

Posted - 03/05/2009 :  13:35:14  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I would say potential wise, it would be Jokinen. As stated above, he has been very effective in the past under Keenan.

However, if he is playing 1st line, he never has had linemates like Iginla and Cammellari. That line has the potential to be one of the best in the league.
Go to Top of Page

Jephman
Top Prospect

Canada
52 Posts

Posted - 03/05/2009 :  16:52:22  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I would have to say Jokinen. He has always played on bad teams, and with All-Star line mates (Iginla and Cammalleri) I can see him being lethal.

Edit: Just noticed Jokinen has two goals so far in his first game (Leopold has scored aswell), maybe that's a sign of things to come.

Edited by - Jephman on 03/05/2009 16:54:25
Go to Top of Page

JERJ2008
Top Prospect

Canada
25 Posts

Posted - 03/06/2009 :  10:41:17  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I really don't think Joikenen will have the biggest impact, and am surprised so many people do. Yes, he's gonna put up numbers and score big goals alongside Iginla and crew, but the Flames are already a damn good team, with a lot of offense as is. So he'll benefit the team, but he won't have a great impact. The team is already used to scoring and winning.
Bill Guerin in Pittsburgh, well there's an impact. Leadership and a damn good player might be just enough to kick the Pens into the playoffs. THAT, is an impact player.
Go to Top of Page

Axey
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
877 Posts

Posted - 03/06/2009 :  10:59:31  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I know it is only one game, but man that line seemed to have instant chemistry, they played damn good.
Go to Top of Page

goleafsgosjnb
Top Prospect

Canada
98 Posts

Posted - 03/06/2009 :  11:07:59  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
based on last night: Jokinon lol. Great first line. I thought daymond Lankow had some chemistry with Iginla and Cammaleri, I would see what Jokinon is like with other linemates as well if I were Keenan. If the Flames had two dynamite scoring lines they will be tough to stop no matter who they play in the west.
Go to Top of Page

Alex
PickupHockey All-Star

Canada
2816 Posts

Posted - 03/06/2009 :  12:41:54  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Sean Avery anybody?

In Dallas this guy was a flop. In fact, a few months ago it looked like his hockey career was over. Then the Rangers throw him a lifeline and all of a sudden he can go back to being the most effective guy in hockey. By that I mean, look historically how many games the Rangers win with him in the lineup as opposed to without him.

I hope Sean Avery thrives in New York, stays there for his career, and leaves his other issues off the ice. He can be a fun player, and he certainly champions the cause of role players everywhere. I dare say he makes the role player a sexy title.

''Yes we can!'' -Obama
Go to Top of Page

Guest8571
( )

Posted - 03/07/2009 :  08:08:28  Reply with Quote
alex i think you have a man crush
Go to Top of Page

leigh

Canada
1755 Posts

Posted - 03/07/2009 :  10:30:09  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Obviously Jokinen will probably be the first choice since for the first time in his career he's playing with a winning team. And he's mature enough to handle the pressure of playing in a real hockey market (He's got to be stoked about that!) He'll be able to shrug of the miscast role of the leader and assume the correct role of sniper. Imagine what this guy can do with other great players around him.

But I have to think Antropov will benefit as well. since he's now out of the biggest pressure-filled market and can now focus on playing without huge media distractions (Yes NYR is a big hockey market too but it's not the end-all-be-all of the hockey world) He's a very good young player and needed a change of scenery. I'm thinking that he'll be able to come along a little more slowly without having to be thrust into higher expectations. So maybe the benefit to him won't be immediately noticeable, but over the long term we'll see it benefit his career.
Go to Top of Page

Guest9004
( )

Posted - 03/08/2009 :  08:05:13  Reply with Quote
I think vermette will benefit the most. Most of us know him as an ok 2nd liner, yet the senators always said he was a great player with a lot of potential. I've even heard people say he could score 40 if he wasn't stuck playing a defensive role (or at least more defensive than offensive). So now if he plays with nash, on columbus' first line he could explode next year. Jokinen will benefit, but I think he is already a star in the league. He was playing with Shane Doan, so I'm not sure his "benefiting" will be much more than 10 or 20 points. Compare that too vermette getting 30 pts this season, to getting maybe 60-70 next season (if all goes well of course), I think he benefits the most

Justin
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

4809 Posts

Posted - 03/09/2009 :  07:55:45  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Vermette . . . yeah, I can see where you are coming from, and you have a good point. In terms of team impact, I do think that Vermette might have a greater one on a team like Columbus, that has some talent but isn't really that deep.

Antropov and Guerin did well last night too.

The real test is when we get to the playoffs, though . . . I have a feeling Jokinen will be quiet at that time, being his first ever. I'd think that players such as Guerin, Vermette and Antropov might improve their team more, with the big edge to Guerin, I think. If he can click with Sid the Kid, Pittsburgh starts to look dangerous again with two top lines.

"Take off, eh?" - Bob and Doug
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page