Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Search
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Hockey Forums
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... General Hockey Chat
 Eastern playoffs Allow Anonymous Users Reply to This Topic...
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Guest0719
( )

Posted - 03/09/2009 :  14:55:28  Reply with Quote
Poll Question:
Which team will miss out on the playoffs in the East

Choices:

Pittsburg
Panthers
Montreal
Carolina
Rangers

Guest0719
( )

Posted - 03/09/2009 :  14:56:21  Reply with Quote
I'd say it's between Canes and Pens
Go to Top of Page

goleafsgosjnb
Top Prospect

Canada
98 Posts

Posted - 03/10/2009 :  03:51:11  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
As a hockey fan, the two teams I don't want to see in the playoffs are the Rangers and the Habs. Two big market, original six teams that have way too much drama and not enough talent.

The Rangers= Lunquist. Not a playoff team after him. Then they sign Avery and hire Tortorella just to shake things up. People are waiting to see Avery go back to his old ways or Tortorella blow up. I just don't care.

The Habs are just a joke this year. Firing the coach, all the Kovalev crap, the Kostitsyns legal troubles, it's just one thing after another with them. Plus the fact that their team is just not that good, plain an simple. Just sick of hearing about that circus.

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

4809 Posts

Posted - 03/10/2009 :  04:26:57  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I also really look forward to the failure of Montreal AND the NY Rangers. Firing the coach this late in the season when you are still in the playoff bubble doesn't bode well . . . although it was clear to everyone already that the coach and gm were not on the same page.

Carolina is starting to really heat up, Pittsburgh is still fragile but they seem to have all the right pieces to be a contender, and Florida still has Bouwmeester and they have been steady all year.

And Buffalo . . . I really like Buffalo as an upset team, I think they can get hot at the right time. If it all works out, Buffalo will get in, Montreal will drop out, NYR will stay out, and the Canes, Pens and Panthers make it in. It'll be right down to the wire, though!

"Take off, eh?" - Bob and Doug
Go to Top of Page

Pasty7
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
2312 Posts

Posted - 03/10/2009 :  05:59:05  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by slozo

I also really look forward to the failure of Montreal AND the NY Rangers. Firing the coach this late in the season when you are still in the playoff bubble doesn't bode well . . . although it was clear to everyone already that the coach and gm were not on the same page.

Carolina is starting to really heat up, Pittsburgh is still fragile but they seem to have all the right pieces to be a contender, and Florida still has Bouwmeester and they have been steady all year.

And Buffalo . . . I really like Buffalo as an upset team, I think they can get hot at the right time. If it all works out, Buffalo will get in, Montreal will drop out, NYR will stay out, and the Canes, Pens and Panthers make it in. It'll be right down to the wire, though!

"Take off, eh?" - Bob and Doug

I'm about to blow your socks off,,,,, i am a habs fan i live in montreal and bleed the blue blanc et rouge.... and i agree,, i hope the habs miss the playoff picture this year!!

note: I am NOT being sarcastic..
i was one of the few habs fans who said last year was in a way a fluke not in the sense we had the bad team that was not going to make the playoffs but we had a 7th to 5th place team at best, now anyone who thinks im just a habber jumping ship feel free to read any of my off season post concerning the habs i called them to finish fifth or sixith this year, now i hope they miss they playoffs all together so gainy wakes up and realizes we do not have a team that can compete with the majority of others in the playoffs and that changes must be made like a big strong pyshical presence down the middle for starters.. I said last year read my posts that carbo was a horrid coach and people laughed at me saying he finished first....i even called out gainy last year and people laughed at me,,, this team doesn't need much but it needs retooling,,, you can't count on young players put up 30 goals when they havn't done it yet in the league and thats partly what the habs did!

Pasty
Go to Top of Page

Guest4249
( )

Posted - 03/10/2009 :  06:36:29  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by slozo

It worked for the Devils in 2000, though they were a first place team.
Go to Top of Page

goleafsgosjnb
Top Prospect

Canada
98 Posts

Posted - 03/10/2009 :  08:35:30  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I think the Pens will make it for sure, despite their poor play at the start of the year, they deserve to have another crack at making it to the finals.

I really want the Canes to do well too, I don't like it when someone wins the cup then disappears. I'm convinced Eric Staal is a superstar too, he just has to prove it by leading his team now.

Yeah, the Habs need a bit of retooling before they can really consider themselves legit contenders. They need to take a step back before going two steps forward. Luckily they've got a ton of players off the books this summer, maybe they can pick up some upgrades (Bouwmeester? Hope not! He would look good on the Leafs! lol)
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page