Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Search
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Hockey Forums
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... Trash Talk
 Leafs all da way! Allow Anonymous Users Reply to This Topic...
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Topic Locked
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

Antroman
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
537 Posts

Posted - 11/16/2007 :  13:05:49  Show Profile
These posts are unbelievably incredible. Do you anti-Leafers hate the Habs or any other teams that are not your own. They haven't done anything for you to worry about since 1967? The statement their are more fans not on the Leaf's side than one's who are may be totally accurate and you are probably right, however I think their are more people rooting for the Leafs than any other single team. For example I am sure there are more Leaf fans in Canada than their are Calgary Flames fans and so on. Because the publicity is so high concerning the Leafs and they haven't won in so long, they are so very easy to pick on. You see, unless you are a devoted hockey poolie or hockey follower inside information regarding the other teams especially the foreign teams to our south is not that readily at hand. The Leafs are not the only team that has been bad over the last number of years. I could rail against the Canucks, Blues, Panthers and even the Habs (since'93). There are others of course and I'm sure you get my point. If you want to boo us and run us down then by all means take your shots because we are used to it and we don't seem to be much of a threat to anybody again this year. Some of us just love our team just as much as you love yours and through thick and thin we will always support them as painful as it might be. After all, they do emblazen the symbol of our country, the Maple Leaf on their jerseys!!!!!!!!
Go to Top of Page

Guest2918
( )

Posted - 11/16/2007 :  13:08:35
Born Calgarian here, what is with you leaf fans. you want to do something constructive for your team! Tell them to do it in the draft and quit stealing (overpaid use to be stars) from other teams. The best thing that could happen to them is they finishing dead last and win the draft. Sundin needs to go. your defense is anything but defensive and your goaltending is so/so. For the record I am a Sens fan and have been since I have claimed to be a hockey fan and they are doing it right.
Go to Top of Page

hkalirah
PickupHockey Pro

382 Posts

Posted - 11/16/2007 :  13:23:03  Show Profile
quote:
These posts are unbelievably incredible. Do you anti-Leafers hate the Habs or any other teams that are not your own. They haven't done anything for you to worry about since 1967? The statement their are more fans not on the Leaf's side than one's who are may be totally accurate and you are probably right, however I think their are more people rooting for the Leafs than any other single team. For example I am sure there are more Leaf fans in Canada than their are Calgary Flames fans and so on. Because the publicity is so high concerning the Leafs and they haven't won in so long, they are so very easy to pick on. You see, unless you are a devoted hockey poolie or hockey follower inside information regarding the other teams especially the foreign teams to our south is not that readily at hand. The Leafs are not the only team that has been bad over the last number of years. I could rail against the Canucks, Blues, Panthers and even the Habs (since'93). There are others of course and I'm sure you get my point. If you want to boo us and run us down then by all means take your shots because we are used to it and we don't seem to be much of a threat to anybody again this year. Some of us just love our team just as much as you love yours and through thick and thin we will always support them as painful as it might be. After all, they do emblazen the symbol of our country, the Maple Leaf on their jerseys!!!!!!!!

The reason why people come out as anti-leafers is because you have these pro-leafers starting threads like this.

How many "habs all the way" threads have you seen?

We're simply responding to the topic at hand.

Go Wings Go!
Go to Top of Page

Guest4912
( )

Posted - 11/16/2007 :  13:56:34
tHis is the most pointless topic yet, LEAFS this Leafs that, all I hear is about the god damn leafs, its been 40 years, give it up
Go to Top of Page

Guest4912
( )

Posted - 11/16/2007 :  14:00:12
OIL RULE
Go to Top of Page

Guest4912
( )

Posted - 11/16/2007 :  14:06:02
quote:
Originally posted by NAFFAEL

I have been a leaf fan my whole life and that will never change. I can never see the leafs winning a cup with Mr. Fergeson as GM. I dont think he has made a good trade or decision yet as GM. Fergeson has got to go.

Go to Top of Page

Guest2918
( )

Posted - 11/16/2007 :  14:14:25
4912 you need some medication. and a better team to cheer for. oilers are going to be the first team golfin. go sens
Go to Top of Page

Antroman
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
537 Posts

Posted - 11/16/2007 :  21:22:24  Show Profile
I truly believe that if you put a Luongo or any other comparable first class goal tender on the Leafs they would not be groveling around the .500 mark. I like Andrew Raycroft, nice kid but a minor league goalie. Vesa Toskala, adequate back up, nothing more. I believe the two guys playing for the Marlies, Clemmonson and Pogge are at the very least as good as the two with the big club. Difference in cap space, at least three million dollars!!!!!!! We really need someone to straighten this mess out. Anyone have any constructive suggestions?
Go to Top of Page

andyhack
PickupHockey Pro

Japan
891 Posts

Posted - 11/16/2007 :  22:01:23  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by Antroman

Guest 4912 . You are obviously nothing more than a shameless a******. I'm sorry, but anyone who would attack a decent young player in the manner in which you referred to Tlusty in this public forum should be tarred, feathered and horse whipped. You should be ashamed of yourself!!!!!!

I've never quite understood the feather part. Does that really hurt? It doesn't quite match my image of feathers.

You're an interesting guy Antroman. If the Leafs win the Cup one day I'll be very happy for you and send you a bottle of champagne.

Go to Top of Page

fly4apuckguy
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
834 Posts

Posted - 11/17/2007 :  07:55:37  Show Profile
The Leafs need to make a five year plan. Unfortunately, they rarely have a single year plan, let alone a five year one.

First, tell everyone in the GTA to settle down and hang in there with a struggling team for a few years.

Then let all of the older guys either retire or sign somewhere else. This includes Sundin, McCabe...basically everyone over 32 years old.

Keep Kaberle, Steen, Stajan, and White (and maybe Wellwood if he can stay healthy for a week). Everyone else is expendable. Get rid of all the other Europeans for sure. Stop drafting guys from Ukraine and focus on your own backyard. A guy from Windsor is going to kill to play for the Leafs, and will work hard to make you right by staying with him.

Develop the heck out of Pogge. I hear he is struggling now, but he's the future, unless another Luongo-type free agent is available (and I think most of the great golalies are signed up for the next few years).

Since you will stink for a few years, draft well, as you'll have a good drafting position. Fill some holes with capable veterans if you can trade some draft picks.

Use the blueprint made by the Oilers...go with youth and speed...they will be poor for a few years, but they stick with the young Canadian boys who play hard and develop. So much so that they take you to the Stanley Cup finals. The years they are not as good, at least they'll be exciting because they can skate and come to work every night.

Problems...patience. The Leaf Nation has none. Also, some of the guys who need to leave the fastest are signed the longest, due to mistakes made by JF Jr. Every time he goes out and signs a semi-talented veteran to a contract of over three years, this whole process takes a major step back, because now who do you build around? Toskala? Kubina? Come on...

This is so easy, really. If the media carnivores and fans would allow it, a five year plan can be executed by anyone with patience.
Go to Top of Page

topdrawer
Top Prospect

Canada
1 Posts

Posted - 11/20/2007 :  10:15:32  Show Profile
The leafs do not have any direction from top management. They need a major house cleaning. They would be better off pulling all the players up from the Marlies and having the million dollar men sit and watch from the side boards. It's time the leaf organization realized that paying players the big bucks doesn't mean there will be any return. The younger kids have something to prove. The old horses are just using up oxygen. I wouldn't take a ticket if it was given to me!!!!!!!!!!
Go to Top of Page

Guest4912
( )

Posted - 11/20/2007 :  10:24:36
YES topdrawer! that is what I'm talking about!

AY MEN!!
Go to Top of Page

Guest4912
( )

Posted - 11/20/2007 :  10:31:07
It's not the leafs that we are trying to make a case about. Well actually maybe a little bit, they suck! lots! but anywho it's the fans that piss everyone off you don't even give any other teams credit for the fact that they work hard. Your all so god damn stubborn and it's really starting to piss the rest of the hockey community aswell. The leafs are'nt good! they never will be, so stop trying to change the fact of the matter with words.
Go to Top of Page

Beans15

Canada
8286 Posts

Posted - 11/20/2007 :  12:11:19  Show Profile
People, stop the personal bashing and "colorful" language. This is about hockey, not about each other.

And if some one wants to back their team to the end, win or lose, they have that choice. Stop calling down people in a general term. There are good fans and bad fans for all teams.

Please settle it down and keep it on topic.

Thanks

Wayne or Bobby?? How about both!!!
Go to Top of Page

Antroman
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
537 Posts

Posted - 11/20/2007 :  20:19:38  Show Profile
I find it very confusing that certain guests on this sight are so disturbed and obviously self absorbed that they can't distinquish the difference between good natured trash talking and joking about as oppossed to calling people nasty names and threatening people with vilolence as well as taking things to the lowest common denominator in his posts. Writing on this sight has been interesting to say the least but like most everything else that is meant for free and open discussion we have some people in this society that just don't get it? And you, guest 4912 fit the bill to a tee. and this time I am not joking..........Antroman..........
Go to Top of Page

Antroman
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
537 Posts

Posted - 11/21/2007 :  11:12:22  Show Profile
Guest 4912. You seem to have a rather peculiar way of deciphering things. Those early emails were posted in jest with tongue firmly planted in cheek. It was just good old trash talking for fun. You, on the other hand have threatened to kick my teeth out, used defamatory and otherwise crude and abusive language and insulted allot of people with your references to being gay. Your references about Tlusty were very much over the edge, false and totally inappropriate. I apologize to everyone on this sight for my response regarding that issue but you simply went a little too far with your posts in regards to myself and on Tlusty. As for your last comment, telling me to shut the **** up? It ain't gonna happen..................Antroman................
Go to Top of Page

Beans15

Canada
8286 Posts

Posted - 11/21/2007 :  11:53:10  Show Profile
I love moderating on this site and it's stuff like this that makes me frustrated.

Keep it about hockey or don't post.

And Antroman, be careful. You may have intended for your comments to be tongue in cheek, but they weren't taken that way.

As you can see, I have deleted many of the posts from this thread that had personal attacks and/or derogatory comments about people's sexuality. From now on, keep it hockey.

Edited by - Beans15 on 11/21/2007 11:59:01
Go to Top of Page

Guest4912
( )

Posted - 11/23/2007 :  10:00:51
first of all, the phrase "guest 4912" refers to many people as people are all emailing from the same building and our computers are connected electronically. therefore, anyone who posts from here is 4912, and when you critcize 4912 you criticize people like me who have restricted their criticism strictly to hockey and have not taken it to a personal level.
Go to Top of Page

Komisaurus
Top Prospect

Canada
57 Posts

Posted - 11/23/2007 :  11:12:36  Show Profile
you guys are too funny
Go to Top of Page

Antroman
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
537 Posts

Posted - 11/23/2007 :  12:19:27  Show Profile
Beans15 It looks like you have some deleting to do? I sincerely want to apologize for my early posts as I was merely hockey trash talking. I misjudged the climate of this sight and was somewhat taken aback when I was threatened, swore at and called derogatory names. It was just a carry over from the way my friends and I go at one another all the time. I have never owned a firearm in my life and the thing about "should be shot at the crack of dawn was just old verbiage and simply in jest. I am truely sorry if anyone was offended and took those posts to be offensive to them personally. People trash the Leafs all the time and I was just giving it back. I now realize it was over the line and not appreciated and for that my most humble apologies. I thoroughly enjoy the sight and now have a better read on how things operate but because I am a Leaf fan I will still post regarding them but in a much more civil manner..................Antroman..................
Go to Top of Page

Beans15

Canada
8286 Posts

Posted - 11/23/2007 :  12:24:20  Show Profile
Unfortunately, there are a number of Guest 4912's that can not seem to keep things about hockey and keep them clean.

I would suggest that you start an account (it's easy and free) if you would not like to keep being linked with those other guest 4912.

Enjoy People, Topic is now locked.

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Topic Locked
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page