Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Search
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Hockey Forums
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... User Polls
 is anyone sick of stupid comments from nucks fans Allow Anonymous Users Reply to This Topic...
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

Guest4435
( )

Posted - 04/07/2009 :  08:24:18  Reply with Quote
why are canucks fans so cocky and ignorant when they have never had a good team?

Guest4070
( )

Posted - 04/07/2009 :  08:43:41  Reply with Quote
Stop tlkin outta ur arse... ur jus jealous of the nucks... ur prolly a balckhawk or a fan of one of the Alberta teams....
Go to Top of Page

Odin
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
350 Posts

Posted - 04/07/2009 :  08:49:26  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Guest4070

Stop tlkin outta ur arse... ur jus jealous of the nucks... ur prolly a balckhawk or a fan of one of the Alberta teams....

English much?
Go to Top of Page

Guest4435
( )

Posted - 04/07/2009 :  08:51:32  Reply with Quote
there is that cockiness again... what is there to be jealous of??? being in 5th in the west??? never winning a cup??? please enlighten us as to what there is to be jealous of
Go to Top of Page

Matt_Roberts85
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
936 Posts

Posted - 04/07/2009 :  09:01:48  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
wow, someone ripping on fans from a team other than the leafs...

There is no "I" in team, but there is an "M" and an "E".
Go to Top of Page

Guest8853
( )

Posted - 04/07/2009 :  09:07:51  Reply with Quote
the 2009 stanley cup champions The detroit Redwings. i have been saying it all season long. so get out the crying towels ladies because your teams don't stand a chance.
Go to Top of Page

Reeder17
Rookie

Canada
112 Posts

Posted - 04/07/2009 :  09:08:55  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I think a better question is...how many people are sick of comments from Leaf fans..

Crosby is not the Lord & Savior of the NHL, get over yourself McGuire.
Gretzky has never once high-sticked a member of the Toronto Maple Leafs.
Go to Top of Page

Guest4070
( )

Posted - 04/07/2009 :  09:12:27  Reply with Quote
The people of Vancouver in general are just cocky i guess.... why would you even start a thread like this? You are looking to stir some shiet up....Yeah we are cocky.. do something about it. Stop crying and start proper threads.
Go to Top of Page

Guest4435
( )

Posted - 04/07/2009 :  09:16:44  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Guest8853

the 2009 stanley cup champions The detroit Redwings. i have been saying it all season long. so get out the crying towels ladies because your teams don't stand a chance.

good luck with that I predict a first round exit for the struggling wings and there piss poor goaltending
Go to Top of Page

Guest8141
( )

Posted - 04/07/2009 :  11:21:29  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Reeder17

I think a better question is...how many people are sick of comments from Leaf fans..

Crosby is not the Lord & Savior of the NHL, get over yourself McGuire.
Gretzky has never once high-sticked a member of the Toronto Maple Leafs.

dEAL WIT' IT!
Go to Top of Page

Ripley
PickupHockey Pro

USA
365 Posts

Posted - 04/07/2009 :  11:51:07  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
tick tick tick tick tick....
Go to Top of Page

Guest8141
( )

Posted - 04/07/2009 :  11:56:48  Reply with Quote
tock..
Go to Top of Page

Guest0912
( )

Posted - 04/08/2009 :  01:29:02  Reply with Quote
because we got the stanley cup 2009, and the olympic gold in 2010
Go to Top of Page

Mikey Boy
Rookie

Canada
103 Posts

Posted - 04/15/2009 :  14:28:14  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The Canucks have in my eyes have the easiest first round opponent in st.louis. Vancouver should win this series in 5 if not very disapointing! this will prove everything.

MP
Go to Top of Page

Guest9177
( )

Posted - 04/15/2009 :  14:37:46  Reply with Quote
Give them a break...for the first time in history, they actually have a team that can compete for, dare I say, the Stanley Cup. They obviously will not win it, they will win the first round and maybe the second, but thats it. They have had to suffer the last years with great first lines (Morrison, Naslund, Bertuzzi) but had weak defenses and no goalie. they finally have established that, but the sedins wont carry a team to the cup and neither will Sundin. Only the Red Wings can win a cup with a Team Sweden, sorry Nucks.
Go to Top of Page

Guest4607
( )

Posted - 04/15/2009 :  15:56:51  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Mikey Boy

The Canucks have in my eyes have the easiest first round opponent in st.louis. Vancouver should win this series in 5 if not very disapointing! this will prove everything.

MP

St. Louis is the hottest team in the NHL right now, that was a stupid comment. STL in 7 baby f*** the nucks
Go to Top of Page

Guest8316
( )

Posted - 04/15/2009 :  22:10:10  Reply with Quote
quote:
St. Louis is the hottest team in the NHL right now, that was a stupid comment. STL in 7 baby f*** the nucks

Just leave you moron
Go to Top of Page

Guest5335
( )

Posted - 04/15/2009 :  23:10:06  Reply with Quote
stfu you goof. first of all its 3rd in the west and the canucks rock. GO CANUCKS GO
Go to Top of Page

Guest4744
( )

Posted - 04/16/2009 :  00:08:48  Reply with Quote
Yeah.... the only good fans are the ones that cheer for whatever team wins the cup the year before...
Go to Top of Page

Guest4744
( )

Posted - 04/16/2009 :  00:10:15  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Mikey Boy

MP

haha what a joke, St.Louis is the hottest team in the leauge, best record in second half, Chicago is the easiest team in the West
Go to Top of Page

Guest5020
( )

Posted - 04/16/2009 :  01:01:30  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Guest9177

Give them a break...for the first time in history, they actually have a team that can compete for, dare I say, the Stanley Cup. They obviously will not win it, they will win the first round and maybe the second, but thats it. They have had to suffer the last years with great first lines (Morrison, Naslund, Bertuzzi) but had weak defenses and no goalie. they finally have established that, but the sedins wont carry a team to the cup and neither will Sundin. Only the Red Wings can win a cup with a Team Sweden, sorry Nucks.

ya they had awesome, balanced scorin comin from the west coast express line and their 2nd liners...but they never had suspect D-men. with jovocop, ohlund, malik, bryan allen, salo i'd say they had a pretty sic d-corp. but ur right bout the goalie...canucks could have been a dynasty minus clouts as backstopper.
Go to Top of Page

Guest5020
( )

Posted - 04/16/2009 :  01:02:56  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Guest4435

why are canucks fans so cocky and ignorant when they have never had a good team?

how do canuck fans even come across as "cocky" and "ignorant" to u?
do u live in van?
Go to Top of Page

Guest8747
( )

Posted - 04/16/2009 :  10:30:13  Reply with Quote
as a die-hard Cancuk fan I can say we are the hardest critics of our own team. Our band wagon does triple when we make the palyoffs. I do find it funny when a non-canuck fan bashes the Canucks. then the gloves come off! warrented or not. The Canucks should make to the second round but will need some help to get past Detroit unless they go for long rought 1st round against the jackets.
Go to Top of Page

Guest0117
( )

Posted - 04/16/2009 :  10:31:06  Reply with Quote
I live in Vancouver and I will not agree that Nucks fans are cocky, BUT they are definitely BAND WAGON fans...I hear all the time from my Nucks friends one week there going to win the Cup! The next week they are horrible/suck and wont make the playoffs!!! All I know is be true to your team always not just when they are on a winning streak!

P.S. "GO BRUINS GO"
Go to Top of Page

Beans15

Canada
8286 Posts

Posted - 04/16/2009 :  12:55:25  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
This is a personal thing for me, so take it as you will. There are good fans and bad fans for every team, including the team I cheer for. However, the one thing in Vancouver that absolutely drives me crazy is the whole "Lou!!!" chant. I could understand if the guy make a phenomenal save and the fans chant his name. But when he makes a routine save or plays the puck behind the net, what the hell is the chant for???

Drives me crazy, and I think he's the only player in the league who gets that from his fans.

You don't here the fans in Pittsburgh chanting "Sid" when he carries the puck through the neutral zone do you??
Go to Top of Page

leigh

Canada
1755 Posts

Posted - 04/16/2009 :  13:08:46  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
LOL! I tbink it's funny. But in support of Vancouver fans, when you have a goalie as phenominal as he is, you're gonna cheer...in this case in a unique way. Don't forget that when he makes a save that usually is the end of a play. So rather than cheering in sreams and claps they substitue it for the "LUUUUUUUUUU!!!" cheer (which sounds like a booooo cheer - so they love it even more). I love it and I'm not a Canuck fan.

If Sid made a play and almost scored or did score, his fans cheer for him....they just don't have a fun way to cheer for him. In Luongo's case he just stopped a goal, something to be happy about, if you're not a Flames fan.

I think that the cheer actually started with Luke Bourdon when he was on the Canadian Junior team in Vancouver. When he touched the puck everyone cheered "LUUUUUUUUKE!!" which also sounded like he was being boo'd. People did this EVERY time he touched the puck. It was awesome! (I had tickets to the worlds in 06 - great time!)
Go to Top of Page

Guest0117
( )

Posted - 04/16/2009 :  13:57:36  Reply with Quote
In response to the Louie chant...what do you expect there really hasnt been much to chant about in the 39 years of the teams existence...They still talk about the '94 Cup run like they actually WON the bloody Cup!!! lol
Go to Top of Page

Guest4243
( )

Posted - 04/16/2009 :  15:48:03  Reply with Quote
Wow.... you must have been watching hockey at least for 2 years.

Canucks in the west final. Luuuuuuuuuu Sucka
Go to Top of Page

Guest8747
( )

Posted - 04/16/2009 :  16:38:00  Reply with Quote
The Luuuuuuu chant/cheer was originally for the legendary Lui Passaglia. He was the kicker for the B.C. Lions in the CFL. I believe he is still holds the record as the highest point getter for all of professional football. Vancouver fans simply borrowed the Luuu chant from one stadium to the other. Not very original in that sense but it is unique in the NHL.
Go to Top of Page

Beans15

Canada
8286 Posts

Posted - 04/16/2009 :  16:48:43  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
As I said, the LUUUUUU thing is fine, when he makes a huge save. The thing that is annoying is when he stops the puck behind the net or covers the puck, why chant??? It makes no sense.
Go to Top of Page

goleafsgosjnb
Top Prospect

Canada
98 Posts

Posted - 04/17/2009 :  10:02:51  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
bahaha the canucks have a legit team this year, let them be! if you feel slighted, just give it to them if they go out. That's how hockey works! lol

Loves the LUUUUUUUUUUUUU cheer, keep it up! Go Nucks Go 2009!
Go to Top of Page

Guest0117
( )

Posted - 04/17/2009 :  15:54:06  Reply with Quote
To the guy that made the comment about the Canucks making it to the WEst Final, IF the nucks actually make it to the west final, and so what IF they do...your actually bragging about something they havent done yet!! Right I forgot for a second your a Nucks fan...Brag IF they win the CUP, cuz no buddy remembers who finishes second!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! or IF they make the West Final. DUH!
Go to Top of Page

rebekah
Top Prospect

Canada
11 Posts

Posted - 04/17/2009 :  19:22:53  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Canuck fans may be bandwagon fans, but at least the Canucks HAVE fans and their stadium is sold out every single night.

Unlike the Blues... http://www.ksdk.com/sports/pro_hockey/story.aspx?storyid=172422

By the way... Unlike most Vancouverites, I am NOT a bandwagon Canuck fan. You can't win 'em all.
Go to Top of Page

Guest6026
( )

Posted - 04/18/2009 :  00:17:05  Reply with Quote
Right I forgot for a second your a Nucks fan...Brag IF they win the CUP, cuz no buddy remembers who finishes second!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! or IF they make the West Final. DUH!

False, everyone remembers when the patriots got second...

and for the record, if you're going to make that argument, the only teams that can beak right now are san jose, and detroit. everyone else in the west is below us. suck it
Go to Top of Page

Guest5225
( )

Posted - 04/18/2009 :  08:22:37  Reply with Quote
never had a great team? pavel bure and the gang were pretty wicked... GO NUCKS
Go to Top of Page

Guest2125
( )

Posted - 04/18/2009 :  08:36:51  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Guest4070

this is probly the worst comment i have ever read, just complete garbage
Go to Top of Page

Guest6565
( )

Posted - 04/18/2009 :  10:23:44  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Guest0117

In response to the Louie chant...what do you expect there really hasnt been much to chant about in the 39 years of the teams existence...They still talk about the '94 Cup run like they actually WON the bloody Cup!!! lol

Not much to chant about? Sure they've never won the cup but neither has Toronto...oh don't give me that crap about WAAAAY back when! Original Six? Are you kidding me? You show up and you've got a 1 in 6 chance of winning the cup? Bah! And Montreal? If I hear one more time how they've won a gazillion cups...the only thing that gives Montreal credibility is that they've won in the "Modern Era." Ottawa? Thanks for costing me a couple of playoff pools you underachievers. Edmonton? Wow...that WAS one helluva team you guys had there for awhile...now get over it...what have you done for me lately (ok,ok...an exciting cup final...good for you.) Calgary...God I hate you guys but...an exciting cup final in which I still think ex Canuck Martin Gelinas scored the series winner. And 1989. You remember that year Flames fans? I do. Thats the year Calgary eliminated Vancouver in Game 7...overtime...by KICKING it into the net. (watch the replay!) That was our cup you cheatin' bastards.

Which brings us back to Vancouver. We still talk about 94 like we won the cup? Let me set the scene...down 3 games to 1 to the older Rangers a younger and fiestier Canucks team claws it's way back into the series with two straight victories. Old and tired and sore, the only hope for the Rangers was to get some time to rest. Enter the League.

"In the interests of attracting a larger Television audience we are moving game 7 from Saturday to Sunday."

Voila...an extra day of rest for the old farts. Vancouver damn near took it anyway in spite of the league's best efforts.

Nothing to chant about? King Richard...1982...Towel power...etc.
And my personal favourite...an 11-0 regular season beat down of those hated Flames. I don't remember the year of that one but it's in the books. Look it up.
Go to Top of Page

miles12
Top Prospect

Canada
1 Posts

Posted - 04/18/2009 :  12:05:57  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hey, Leigh. I just wanted to let you know, the "Lou" chant actually originated in Vancouver in honor of B.C. lions kicker Lui Passaglia.
Go to Top of Page

Guest4607
( )

Posted - 04/18/2009 :  13:17:46  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Guest8316

quote:

Just leave you moron

Nice commment buddy, way to present something why ST. Louis cannot win
Go to Top of Page

Rambo2305
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
546 Posts

Posted - 04/22/2009 :  12:07:51  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Haha...all I'm gunna say is...

1) Best goalie in the world
2) Sedin's
3) Strong D
4) SWEEP OF ST. LOUIS
5) Leadership of Mats

Leafs fan...but have to tip my hat to the Canucks...win it all for Mats!

"Everytime you step out onto the ice, it's a clean slate, anyone can win"
Go to Top of Page

Matt_Roberts85
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
936 Posts

Posted - 04/22/2009 :  13:44:29  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Guest6565

quote:
Originally posted by Guest0117

Not much to chant about? Sure they've never won the cup but neither has Toronto...oh don't give me that crap about WAAAAY back when! Original Six? Are you kidding me? You show up and you've got a 1 in 6 chance of winning the cup? Bah! And Montreal? If I hear one more time how they've won a gazillion cups...the only thing that gives Montreal credibility is that they've won in the "Modern Era."

Why do you think that you can just discredit stanley cup victories from the original six era? They all count buddy. Toronto was down 3-0 against detroit and came back to win the stanley cup! I dont care what era it is, that is just plain ol impressive. Vancouver has never won s***. Although I am rooting for them during this playoff drive. Win one for Mats baby!

There is no "I" in team, but there is an "M" and an "E".
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page