Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Search
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Hockey Forums
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... User Polls
 08/09 Vezina winner Allow Anonymous Users Reply to This Topic...
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Sensfan101
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
500 Posts

Posted - 04/28/2009 :  04:50:49  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Poll Question:
Who will win the Vezina?

Choices:

Thomas
Mason
Backstrom

Sensfan101
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
500 Posts

Posted - 04/28/2009 :  04:54:57  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I said Mason but I think if Thomas had played more games he would've won. Another reason Mason will win over Thomas is because he was more valuable to his team and without him COlumbus wouldn't be in the playoffs. The same can't be said for Thomas though

You miss 100 percent of the shots you don't take Wayne Gretzky
Go to Top of Page

Beans15

Canada
8286 Posts

Posted - 04/28/2009 :  07:18:12  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I think this is a perfect example of the NHL's award's being a popularity contest or the flavor of the month. I mean, c'mon. How can Luongo not be nominated. And don't give me the 24 games missed due to injury crap. Mason played only 7 games more than Luongo. But the different is that Luongo has the same number of wins as Mason. Luongo had a better win %, better save %, and very close to the same GAA (2.29 for Mason vs 2.34 for Luongo). And shove the 10 shutouts as well, Luongo had 9. Oh ya, let's not forget that Luongo also faced more shots/game than Mason as well.

Complete joke. If Mason is there, Luongo definately deserves to be there as well.

Regardless, of the three choices, it's hard not to go with Thomas. He had a stellar year on a stellar team.
Go to Top of Page

Guest9844
( )

Posted - 04/28/2009 :  12:06:09  Reply with Quote
Thomas will win. Backstrom's numbers were great but his team failed to make the playoffs, and Mason's numbers don't match up to Thomas', save the shutouts.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page