Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Search
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Hockey Forums
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... User Polls
 chi.-van match up Allow Anonymous Users Reply to This Topic...
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

greatonesleague
Top Prospect

Canada
25 Posts

Posted - 04/28/2009 :  08:29:35  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
goaltenders - -van.advantage def. -best 2 -- advan. chi. top 4 a sawoff top 6 advan. van forwards 1st line - -a dvan. - van 2nd line -advan.-chi 3rd line advan.-chi 4th line+pen. killing - advan. van power play-advan. chi all adds up to a terriffic series with the canucks winning in 6, provided they get good goaltending, stay out of the penalty box and have good special teams. what do you think?, canuck fans the best fans in the n.h.l. - - - p.s. the only Canadian team left !!??!!!

hockster
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
437 Posts

Posted - 04/28/2009 :  09:17:39  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
forwards(whole)Hawks
1st line-hawks
2nd line-hawks
3rd line-saw off
4th line-nucks

defense(whole) hawks
1st set-hawks
2nd set-hawks
3rd set-saw off

Goalie-Nucks

Special teams-saw off

the hawks are clearly a better team than the canucks and proved taht they can take a physical series the canucks have been playing above their ability for months now and that has to end sometime.
hawks will win unless luongo steals it.

I don't bring the controversey it comes to me.

Iginla for 2010 team captain!!!
Go to Top of Page

Guest4803
( )

Posted - 04/28/2009 :  10:19:42  Reply with Quote
Vancouver in 5...just wondering how chicago is clearly a better team? i seem to remember vancouver beating chicago twice in the last two months once 7-3 and the other one 4-1 or 4-0 ..chicago's only chance is luo gets injured, and as far as getting physical the canucks are equally as tough as the hawks should be a good series, especially for nucks fans, have fun on the links flamers
Go to Top of Page

Matt_Roberts85
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
936 Posts

Posted - 04/28/2009 :  10:20:11  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
im takin vancouver, its luongos time. plus i want to see sundin get a cup.

There is no "I" in team, but there is an "M" and an "E".
Go to Top of Page

Guest6196
( )

Posted - 04/28/2009 :  11:26:53  Reply with Quote
I am taking Chicago. Seems to me they are the better technical team. They seem to complete more passes, win more draws, have less turnovers, complete there checks, clear opposing players away from khabibulin, only have one or two passes from the defense to the forwards to keep the offensive momentum, all the Fundamentals and technical skills to win but as we all know if Luongo steals the games, well.....
Go to Top of Page

Guest9844
( )

Posted - 04/28/2009 :  12:00:55  Reply with Quote
Chicago in 7.
Go to Top of Page

Guest8322
( )

Posted - 04/28/2009 :  12:06:59  Reply with Quote
What is hockster smoking?...just wanting controversy!

To say Chi has better 1st and 2nd line forwards, plus a better defense?! Crazy talk! I think the fwd 1st lines would be a saw off, but Van has a better 2nd line...which ever one is considered to be their 2nd line. As for defense, once Keith and Seabrook aren't on the ice, what's left?...the Bulin wall?

Anyway, should be a great series. I don't think it would be as physical and cheap had the Flamers gotten through - we will now see more skilled hockey.
Go to Top of Page

Gusteroni
Rookie

Canada
225 Posts

Posted - 04/28/2009 :  12:36:48  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The Canucks just need to stay out of the box. They took way too many penalties vs the Blues and Luongo was showing signs of fatigue. Chicago gets a failry good rest before the series begins and hopefully Van isn't rusty. I am also hoping Sundin is healthy as he has to be a major factor for the Canucks to make it to the final. I'm going to say the Canucks in 6.
Go to Top of Page

Guest6887
( )

Posted - 04/28/2009 :  12:58:08  Reply with Quote
wow, you chicago guys are idiots.
Chicago has noone experienced in playoff hockey.
They got lucky to run into a completely lame Calgary, that most of the time they seemed to struggle against.
There best forwards are all pretty much rookies. They are lucky to be where they are, and I will be shocked to see them stretch this series past 5 games.
Go to Top of Page

Guest8144
( )

Posted - 04/28/2009 :  13:51:32  Reply with Quote
I think this one depends on how luongo plays.... I dont call van team luongo for nothing
Go to Top of Page

hockster
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
437 Posts

Posted - 04/28/2009 :  14:24:20  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
To say Chi has better 1st and 2nd line forwards, plus a better defense?! Crazy talk! I think the fwd 1st lines would be a saw off, but Van has a better 2nd line...which ever one is considered to be their 2nd line. As for defense, once Keith and Seabrook aren't on the ice, what's left?...the Bulin wall?

toews kane and sharp vs sedin sedin and burrows not even close in any category hawks are better in all aspects of that except possibly chemistry and scoring but make up for it with far better intagibles(faceoffs,pk,pp etc.)

versteeg bolland havlat vs hansen kesler and demitra (SUNDIN IS INJURED) your dreaming if you think that that line compares havlat is the hawks leading scorer on the 2nd line and power play as well as versteed putting up more similar points or more to all of those three nucks while havlat is tons ahead in both regular and playoffs.

as for D keith and seabrook play more thean a third of the game and are unbelivable when doing so the canucks have no one who compares to taht. also the hawks have cambpell and barker who eads d in playoff scoring. those top four are far better thaan any nucks. as for the bottom two well tahts all they are if the canucks are better woohoo its not gonna be worth a hhill of beans.

as i said earlier its gonna be up to luongo for the nucks.
no one can deny they are playiing over their heads the run they ahve been on will come to an end.
HAWKS IN 6
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page