Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Search
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Hockey Forums
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... User Polls
 Wings/Ducks Allow Anonymous Users Reply to This Topic...
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Guest9844
( )

Posted - 04/28/2009 :  12:02:14  Reply with Quote
The Ducks have proved that they're a playoff team, but does anyone see them coming out of this series on top?

I'm taking the Wings in 6.

Matt_Roberts85
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
936 Posts

Posted - 04/28/2009 :  12:51:00  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hiller will have to be sensational and Getzlaf, Selanne and Perry will have to outperform Zetterberg, Datsyuk and Hossa. Pronger and Neidermayer vs Lidstrom and Rafalski, hard to call that one. I think Pronger could lay some serious beatings on the red wings forwards which could be a difference maker in the long run. This is hard to call. I think the wings are just hoping Giguere doesnt play, he always seems to have Detroits number in the playoffs. I think he's stoned them twice. 4 straight in '03 and in 7 in '07.

I say, Wings in 7, double OT!

There is no "I" in team, but there is an "M" and an "E".
Go to Top of Page

Guest8144
( )

Posted - 04/28/2009 :  13:46:46  Reply with Quote
The ducks have just put out the top team in the nhl for the regular season so this gives them the confidence and they definatly have the skill so i think ducks will take this series also in game six. I also think the wings should be more worried about hiller and forget about giguere. HILLER IS THE MAN!! GO DUCKS!! QUACK QUACK QUACK
Go to Top of Page

hockster
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
437 Posts

Posted - 04/28/2009 :  14:26:58  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
ducks in 7
Go to Top of Page

Beans15

Canada
8286 Posts

Posted - 04/28/2009 :  14:47:05  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Wings in 6 at the most.

You are all right to this point. The top line of forwards and defense will have to match each other. However, I think people are seriously underappreciating the depth on the Red Wings Roster. People push aside the likes of Kronwall (one of only 13 defensemen with 50 or more points, Detroit's top 3 defensemen were in the top 13 in scoring,) Franzen (Mr. Playoff Goal Scorer), Holmstrom (top 3 in the league at forcing the front of the net), and definately the best 3rd line in the league with Cleary, Maltby, and Draper. They can contain any line in the league.

Seriously, I am shocked at how many people are writting of the Red Wings. They are, without question, the team to beat. I would even question Detroit vs Boston.

Detroit is that good.
Go to Top of Page

willus3

Canada
1948 Posts

Posted - 04/28/2009 :  17:25:13  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The fate of the Wings rests with Osgood. Or Osbad or Osgreat which ever one shows up. If he plays like he did in the regular season this will be the end of the line. If he plays like he did in the first round they should probably win another cup.

"Society, have mercy on me. Hope you're not angry if I disagree." - Jerry Hannan
Go to Top of Page

hockster
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
437 Posts

Posted - 04/28/2009 :  17:28:53  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
how mnay people thought the sharks would be ended by the ducks?
how many people thougth st.Louis would make playofffs?
how many people thought nucks would catch flames?
how many thought oil or flames would go to the finals?

upsets happen and key to all those is the play of a hot goalie who makes all the difference. sharks should have beet the ducks not on paper but on stats too. hiller stole it and the way he ahs played it not crazy to think he couldnt do it agina

Iginla for 2010 team captain.
Flames for cup...eventually.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page