Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Search
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Hockey Forums
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... Trades and Rumors
 Iginlaless Flames Allow Anonymous Users Reply to This Topic...
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

hockster
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
437 Posts

Posted - 04/28/2009 :  16:47:40  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Purely speculation but due to the ever mounting first round exits in the 'iginla era' in calgary does anyone think there is a chnce iggy will ever leave????

my opinion a resounding no

Iginla for 2010 team captain.
Flames for cup...eventually.

Higgsy
Top Prospect

Canada
14 Posts

Posted - 04/28/2009 :  16:51:23  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
No Way
He is and will always be their franchise player until he retires.

Ex-NHL, AHL and, OHL player. Black Hawks Devils Red Wings. Tim Higgins (career 78-89) Scored 59 points in my best season, I think I know hockey.
Go to Top of Page

Rambo2305
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
546 Posts

Posted - 05/04/2009 :  12:16:23  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Iginla is what anyone that wears a "C" should model themselves after.

He scores, hits, fights and stands up for anyone on his team. When the team loses, he takes the blame, when they win, he pushes the credit to someone else. With that being said, he HAS to wear the "C" for Canada in 2010...

"Everytime you step out onto the ice, it's a clean slate, anyone can win"
Go to Top of Page

hanley6
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
674 Posts

Posted - 05/04/2009 :  13:19:40  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Higgsy

No Way
He is and will always be their franchise player until he retires.

Ex-NHL, AHL and, OHL player. Black Hawks Devils Red Wings. Tim Higgins (career 78-89) Scored 59 points in my best season, I think I know hockey.

they said the same thing about Theo Fluery but he was traded, Boston said the same thing about Ray Bourque, he went to Colorodo.. What I am saying is I wouldn't say yes, but I wouldn't say no to Iginla ever getting traded, anything can happen

Edited by - hanley6 on 05/04/2009 13:25:32
Go to Top of Page

Beans15

Canada
8286 Posts

Posted - 05/04/2009 :  13:27:23  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Fluery was only the franchise in Calgary in his last few seasons, and I never remember him ever being labelled that either. There were always others in Calgary, be it MacDonald, Nieuwendyk, Gilmour, Vernon, or MacInnis. But Fluery was often the teams #2 guy. He played there for a long time (almost 800 games) but I don't really recall him being the franchise and if so, not for very long.

Iginla is in a different class. Not only is he the best all around player for the Flames, he is one of the top 5 all around players in the league. He is a Flame for as long as he wants to be or as long as he is one of the top 5 players. He is only 31 (soon to be 32) so I would say he will at least play out his contract another 4 season (I think, don't quote me).
Go to Top of Page

Guest3385
( )

Posted - 05/04/2009 :  15:00:40  Reply with Quote
Shut up about your flames hockster, no one cares.
Go to Top of Page

Guest2741
( )

Posted - 05/04/2009 :  15:33:36  Reply with Quote
The Flames have a number of problems but Iginla is not one of them. He is a very skilled player that any team would love to have. Calgary would be crazy to get rid of him.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page