Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Search
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Hockey Forums
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... General Hockey Chat
 Vancouver vs Chicago Allow Anonymous Users Reply to This Topic...
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 3

hanley6
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
674 Posts

Posted - 04/28/2009 :  20:00:25  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Poll Question:
Who you think is going to win this series and why?

Vancouver for sure is the dominant team in this series, I just don't see Toews and Kane being the remedy to beat Luongo, Sundin, the Sedins, Burrows, Demitra, Salo or Ohlund.

This should be an easy second round for Vancouver

Choices:

Vancouver
Chicago

Guest9844
( )

Posted - 04/28/2009 :  21:28:28  Reply with Quote
Easy second round? Not a chance. Chicago kept up in the physical aspect of their series with Calgary, a much more physical team than Vancouver. The offense in this one goes to Hawks, as does the defence. Nucks have home ice and the edge in goal. Should be a close series. Hawks in Game 6 OT.
Go to Top of Page

Guest4658
( )

Posted - 04/29/2009 :  03:48:53  Reply with Quote
the canucks are just as physical as both calgary and chicago...if not even more so now.
burrows, kesler, bernier, rypien, hordichuk, ohlund, o'brien, bieksa
and almost everyone on the team has stepped it up...vancouver isnt a team to be pushed around i assure you that!
possible fights:
bieksa vs eager
rypien (showed that speed really kills, example made: Stortz) vs eager
o'brien vs eager
hordihuk vs eager
Go to Top of Page

Rambo2305
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
546 Posts

Posted - 04/29/2009 :  05:23:28  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
At first glance, people may think that the Canucks have it easy, but looking at how the Blackhawks have performed so far in the Playoffs, it will be a grind for both teams.

However, in the end, the Canucks will take it in 6.

"Everytime you step out onto the ice, it's a clean slate, anyone can win"
Go to Top of Page

hockster
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
437 Posts

Posted - 04/29/2009 :  07:23:09  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
i dont know upon what basis you think canucks have it easy chicago had more points inn the regular season and played a better team than nucks did in the first round and still won.
To say the canucks are more physical than calgary is a joke too only leopold is not physical and even the small guys have a mean streak to tehm

Iginla for 2010 team captain.
Flames for cup...eventually.
Go to Top of Page

Guest0485
( )

Posted - 04/29/2009 :  07:38:22  Reply with Quote
Chicago will probably win this series. I thought Calgary would beat them and I was very much wrong. I think Calgary's a made for playoffs team and clearly I was very wrong.

[Mod. Edit - Spamming]

Edited by - Beans15 on 04/29/2009 10:50:37
Go to Top of Page

Rambo2305
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
546 Posts

Posted - 04/29/2009 :  08:11:31  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The Hawks are alot better then they’re getting credit for. They can actually play a physical game too. With the exception of the Jackets, Habs and maybe the Blues, every team that made the Playoffs this year had the potential to go far. I say the Habs because they barely made the Playoffs and were horrible down the stretch, the only people that didn't realize how bad they are, was the Habs fans...

Getting back on topic, it will be a fun series to watch, why does no one talk about Havlat still? He was their BEST player this year.

Go to Top of Page

Guest3385
( )

Posted - 04/29/2009 :  08:14:54  Reply with Quote
I think the Hawks are the favorites in this one. Sure Vancouver has home ice, but Chicago finished with more points in the regular season and has the better team on paper.
Go to Top of Page

Rambo2305
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
546 Posts

Posted - 04/29/2009 :  08:18:51  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Guest3385

I think the Hawks are the favorites in this one. Sure Vancouver has home ice, but Chicago finished with more points in the regular season and has the better team on paper.

You have to admit, if Luongo was healthy all year, the Canucks would have won at least 5-10 more games...

Go to Top of Page

Matt_Roberts85
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
936 Posts

Posted - 04/29/2009 :  08:23:08  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I think Luongo will frustrate the young players on the hawks, I think they will start taking chances and start making questionable plays with the puck. Chicago will have to be patient.

The vancouver defence (their whole system, not just the dmen themselves) is very strong. They have had a week to rest and should have a relativley healthy lineup to match the hawks healthy lineup. Calgary was decimated and the hawks had it easier than they should have.

By no means will this series be a cakewalk for either team, this one should go deep as well. Home ice should be the deciding factor in the outcome of the series.

Vancouver in 7

There is no "I" in team, but there is an "M" and an "E".

Edited by - Matt_Roberts85 on 04/29/2009 08:26:43
Go to Top of Page

Guest4803
( )

Posted - 04/29/2009 :  09:56:09  Reply with Quote
canucks take the series in 5....canucks are a more physical team on D and the forwards arent pushovers either.......flames fans will take chicago just cause they are still upset that they have only made it out of the first round once in the last 20 years...

What do the the flames and the titanic have in common? everything looks great until they hit the ice!
Go to Top of Page

Matt_Roberts85
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
936 Posts

Posted - 04/29/2009 :  10:18:45  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
What do the Calgary Flames and a tea bag have in common? They're only good for 1 cup.

Go to Top of Page

Beans15

Canada
8286 Posts

Posted - 04/29/2009 :  10:53:20  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Matt_Roberts85

What do the Calgary Flames and a tea bag have in common? They're only good for 1 cup.

'

Ha, ha. Man, that joke was funny when I first heard it in 1992. If the Flames are good for one Cup, what are the Canucks good for??? I say nothing, but that's just me.

I wonder how many people on here are betting with their heart or did not see a single Chicago/Calgary game??? I bet a lot. Chicago is getting seriously under-rated here. As someone said above, the onle area that Vancouver has the advantage is home ice and goaltender. And Khabibulin played very well.

Chicago in 6 in easily the most boring series to watch. Vancouver's style is just painful in my opinion.
Go to Top of Page

Guest8322
( )

Posted - 04/29/2009 :  12:19:21  Reply with Quote
Chicago played an undermanned team in the Flames! The series should have ended sooner than it did.
Go to Top of Page

Bozonator
Top Prospect

57 Posts

Posted - 04/29/2009 :  12:39:41  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Rambo2305

quote:
Originally posted by Guest3385

You have to admit, if Luongo was healthy all year, the Canucks would have won at least 5-10 more games...

And then you have to remember that Khabibulin was injured for part of the season too.

I think that the series between Chicago and Calgary went as it should have. Flames always play their good hockey on home ice.

As for the Chicago-Vancouver series, I think it should be a good one because of the nastiness.
Go to Top of Page

Matt_Roberts85
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
936 Posts

Posted - 04/29/2009 :  12:56:44  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Beans15

quote:

'

Ha, ha. Man, that joke was funny when I first heard it in 1992. If the Flames are good for one Cup, what are the Canucks good for??? I say nothing, but that's just me.

I wonder how many people on here are betting with their heart or did not see a single Chicago/Calgary game??? I bet a lot. Chicago is getting seriously under-rated here. As someone said above, the onle area that Vancouver has the advantage is home ice and goaltender. And Khabibulin played very well.

Chicago in 6 in easily the most boring series to watch. Vancouver's style is just painful in my opinion.

Yes I know that joke is LAME. sorry haha.

I watched the entire chi/cal series, and while Chicago was very impressive I still think that with the injuries Calgary had Chicago had it a bit easier than what it could have been. It doesnt mean that they still couldnt win the series, cause they totally can, i just think that with Luongo and home ice they will pull it off. And yes, just a little bit of my prediction comes from the heart. Go Canada!
Im not a 'nucks fan, but im getting sick of the cup living in the USA.

Go to Top of Page

Guest4803
( )

Posted - 04/29/2009 :  13:00:01  Reply with Quote
poor beans....everyone seems to forget the canucks missed luongo for a 1/4 of the year so give them maybe another 10pts...plus khabibulin has a terrible record vs the canucks, most boring series? no sorry bud this thing will get nasty i can guarantee that.
Go to Top of Page

Beans15

Canada
8286 Posts

Posted - 04/29/2009 :  13:52:06  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Guest4803

poor beans....everyone seems to forget the canucks missed luongo for a 1/4 of the year so give them maybe another 10pts...plus khabibulin has a terrible record vs the canucks, most boring series? no sorry bud this thing will get nasty i can guarantee that.

What does Luongo's injury have to do with this series?? I didn't say a thing about Luongo's injury. Completely irrelevant.

Secondly, the difference in the series will be on defense. Chicago's group is better than Vancouver's. Offensively, Chicago is also better top to bottom than Vancouver is.

And regardless of it getting nasty or not, it doesn't change the quality of the hockey. Vancouver simply plays a boring style. Not saying it isn't effective, but it's not the best thing to watch if you are not a fan of the team. I am watching the playoffs purely for entertainment without cheering for any team. The games I watch will be because thy quality of the hockey, not who fights who or who is nasty.

Chicago still wins this in 6.

And what does "Poor Beans" mean???
Go to Top of Page

DangleFest89
Rookie

122 Posts

Posted - 04/29/2009 :  14:03:46  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
If Chicago can shut down Iggy they can shut down the Sedins. Big reason why St Louis lost the series to Van was because they couldn't set up a powerplay to save there lives but there young so they will learn. Unlike St Louis, Chicago can set up a powerplay and with all the dumb penatlies taken in round 1 whats going to happened against a faster more agressived team with goals comming from more than 1 line. Hawks in 4. This series will show how overrated Vancouver is.
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

4809 Posts

Posted - 04/29/2009 :  14:04:08  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I think it'll be Vancouver in 6 or 7, but this series goes at least 6 no matter who wins. Chicago played great, but their speedy forwards will be somewhat nullified by a defensive team that plays very . . . trappy. Edge in goal, but only a slight one, to Luongo. Chicago has a better offense, but I say only slightly better.

"Take off, eh?" - Bob and Doug
Go to Top of Page

Guest4803
( )

Posted - 04/29/2009 :  17:20:18  Reply with Quote
ahhhhh beans.....the poor beans comment is regarding the fact that who ever you cheer for in the regular season must be lowering their handicap at the moment...just because vancouver finishes a series off quickly therefore creating less games for you to watch is no reason to get all pissy...for all of you that seem to think vancouver is a team full of pushovers, just wait until this series gets going then you will see how tough this "highly overrated" team is
Go to Top of Page

Beans15

Canada
8286 Posts

Posted - 04/29/2009 :  18:00:50  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Ok, I am still completely lost. Maybe I am a complete moron, but what are talking about?? The team I cheer for in the regular season must be lowering their handicap at the moment?? What???

I am not cheering for either team. I just think that Chicago is the better team. And I don't think there is a player on the Vancouver team that is a pushover. In fact, I would think that Vancouver is at the top or very near the top in the catagory of "team toughness."

But team toughness does not put the puck in the net. Sound defense creates offensive chances for your offensive stars. The Chicago defensive group is simply better than the Vancouver defensive group as a whole. We all just watched Seabrook and Keith complete shut down the 4th highest scoring group of forwards in the NHL during the regular season. Chicago's #3 defenseman(Brian Campbell) is as good or better than any defenceman the Canucks have.

Think about this for a second. Chicago's defensemen took only 4 minutes in penalties COMBINED in 6 games. Compare that to Vancouver's defensive groups 32 minutes in penalties in just 4 games. Chicago spent 13 min/game on average in the penalty box. Vancouver spend over 20. We are talking about one of the most disciplined teams against one of the least disciplined teams. Put a PP at 29% on the ice for one out of the three periods a game, Vancouver better PRAY that their 95% PK keep ups. But this round, they will be playing a team with highly skill players on the PP compared to the Blues(with all due respect).

And above all this, in the Chicago/Calgary series, we just watched Quinville out coach Keenan in every facit of the game. And Vingnault is not close to the coach that Keenan is.

I think it will be a battle. I think that Luongo will be stellar and show everyone that he should have been nominated for the Hart and the Vezina. But that's really where it ends. Even more so if the Sedin's do their usual playoff disappearing act. If the Sedin's show up for all the games, it will go 6 or 7. If they disappear after the first couple, it will be 5 or 6.

Chicago wins either way.
Go to Top of Page

Higgsy
Top Prospect

Canada
14 Posts

Posted - 04/29/2009 :  18:26:53  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
i agree with beans chicago will gain the advantage on special teams.
luongo is the difference maker here though

Edited by - Higgsy on 04/29/2009 18:27:49
Go to Top of Page

Thrasher
Rookie

Canada
155 Posts

Posted - 04/29/2009 :  19:42:42  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Ok, I am still completely lost. Maybe I am a complete moron, but what are talking about?? The team I cheer for in the regular season must be lowering their handicap at the moment?? What???

I think he meant golf.

I think your right Beans, no one watched the Calgary vs Chicago series. All i have to say is (as much as i hate Pierre Mcguire, hes an idiot) Pierre was right about Seabrook and Keith. Those guys dominated the series. They logged HUGE minutes, completely shut down Iginla and Jokinen. I put those two ahead of the Sedins everytime. Calgary has a deeper forward selection (IMO) with players like Bourque, Glencross, Moss and Nystrom playing any where from 1st to 4th line. Calgarys defense may be worse than Vancouvers, but Chicago made them look like pilons sometimes. Chicago is a more physical team (IMO again). Any one see that MONSTER Byfulgien(is that right?) Not only did that guy scare the poop out of the Calgary defence, the guy has some playmaking hands. Eager, Ladd, Burish, all just bangers. Calgary is a more physical team than Vancouver, no doubt, and Chicago just simply out worked them. Calgary looked worn down and beaten by the 6th game, no one seemed to want to touch the puck.

The Bulin wall looked amazing in game 6. He had a fairly good series and pretty much outshined a younger and more decorated goaltender. Toews looked like a complete player for most of the first round, and dominate in faceoffs. Versteeg, Kane and Sharp all impressed me, while players like Cambell, Barker, Walker were solid warriors(did anyone see Walkers finger?? WTF? And he played the rest of the game? That guys a beast).

This should be a very entertaining series, im hoping Eager gets a call against the Sedins. Once their scared to touch the puck, Vancouver is done.

I Promise I didn't give her the STD, I'm not a sharing person.
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

4809 Posts

Posted - 04/29/2009 :  21:16:15  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Why all the Sedins hate? I'm not their biggest fan, but . . . has anyone seen these guys play this year?!? They've been phenominal!

And what disappearing act, Beans? How many rounds does Vancouver have to win and the Sedins dominate before you give them credit? They played a very strong series against a very gritty, choppy St Louis team that was specifically keying in on them.

Give credit where credit is due folks. And don't for a second think Chicago gets the number of odd man rushes and rebounds up close that they got with Calgary. I did watch a couple of those games . . . Calgary was shockingly brutal (but as mentioned, they had injuries).

"Take off, eh?" - Bob and Doug
Go to Top of Page

hanley6
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
674 Posts

Posted - 04/29/2009 :  22:01:16  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:
Originally posted by Guest4803

What does Luongo's injury have to do with this series?? I didn't say a thing about Luongo's injury. Completely irrelevant.

Secondly, the difference in the series will be on defense. Chicago's group is better than Vancouver's. Offensively, Chicago is also better top to bottom than Vancouver is.

And regardless of it getting nasty or not, it doesn't change the quality of the hockey. Vancouver simply plays a boring style. Not saying it isn't effective, but it's not the best thing to watch if you are not a fan of the team. I am watching the playoffs purely for entertainment without cheering for any team. The games I watch will be because thy quality of the hockey, not who fights who or who is nasty.

Chicago still wins this in 6.

And what does "Poor Beans" mean???

No offense Beans but Vancouver is a lot more exciting to watch than your Edmonton Oilers... Cakewalk for Vancouver, I'd say Vancouver wins in game 5, game 6 at the most
Go to Top of Page

Guest5797
( )

Posted - 04/29/2009 :  23:20:18  Reply with Quote
nucks in 6 all that needs to be said
Go to Top of Page

Guest8466
( )

Posted - 04/30/2009 :  05:53:54  Reply with Quote
Vancouver will win it. More rested players and are a better team now than last time they clashed. Would be nice to see Sundin lift that cup.
Go to Top of Page

Matt_Roberts85
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
936 Posts

Posted - 04/30/2009 :  06:45:02  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I dont know guys, Beans makes some very convincing points. he's actually got me thinking that Chicago may take this... If Vancouver is going to win it really is going to have to be the Roberto Luongo show. Burrows, kesler and Sundin will have to give the sedins a crapload of help in the goal scoring department as well.

Seabrook, Keith, Campbell and Barker are studs on that Chicago blueline. especially Seabrook, this guy could be on Team Canada in 2010.

Go to Top of Page

Beans15

Canada
8286 Posts

Posted - 04/30/2009 :  08:56:13  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Couple of quick points.

1) Hanley, what the hell does Vancouver being more exciting that Edmonton have to do with anything?? I am not arguing, Edmonton also plays a boring style of hockey. But I am a fan of the Oilers and always will be. If you look back at my posts, I clearly said if you are not a fan if the Canucks, the style is boring. I am agreeing that the Oilers also play a boring brand of Hockey. If I wasn't a die hard fan, I wouldn't watch the Oilers. And again, what does that have to do with the Canucks and Hawks??

2) Cakewalk?? Seriously??? Chicago was ahead of Vancouver in the standings all seasons. Chicago had more wins and more points. The only reason Vancouver has home ice is because they play in different divisions. Chicago just handled a team that was also ahead of Vancouver up until the last 5-6 games of the season. How is this a cake walk for either team??? Because Vancouver just worked a far inferior team in St. Louis?? I don't care how hot they were coming into the playoffs, St. Louis is not anywhere near the team that Chicago is.

3) It takes more than one series where the Sedin's "dominate" for me to stop being a critic. They both played very well against St. Louis. But again, it's St. Louis. However, prior to this series, the Twins combined for a total of 38 points in 43 games. That's not each, combinded (18 pts in 43 games for Henrik and 20 pts in 43 games for Daniel). If that is dominating playoff hockey, then I am watching the wrong game. They are going to have to go against Seabrook and Keith on every single shift. We just watched what the did to Iginla, Jokinen, and Camalerri.

Really, we will just have to wait and see. Tonight will be a true test. After have a long break, is there going to be any rust on the Canucks game??? Will Chicago continue it's play from the Calgary series??? Will the teams stay out of the penalty box??

It truely can go either way and I am in no way saying Vancouver is a pile of garbage. But I do believe that Chicago is a superior team in all areas save goaltending.

Only time will tell.

Edited by - Beans15 on 04/30/2009 09:44:11
Go to Top of Page

pensfan17
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
330 Posts

Posted - 04/30/2009 :  10:08:18  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
To add to Beans point about not being impressed with the Sedins, honestly look at the Blues defence. Jackman is very solid but after that? McKee hasn't been the same since he left Buffalo and then there's Roman Polak, Mike Weaver, Jeff Woywitka, and Carlo Coliacovo. Jackman is the only one who would play if they were on Chicago.
Go to Top of Page

JOSHUACANADA
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
2308 Posts

Posted - 04/30/2009 :  15:16:00  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I cant believe how many Vancouver for the cup posters this site has wow!! I am a huge Loungo fan, I like the twins and Sundin. I dont mind the group of players they have assembled to make a cup run. But,
every point Beans said about Chicago i absolutely correct.

It is not going to be a blowout it is going to be a lot of 3-2 games and overtime periods. Chicago will win though. The Sedin twins look great in Vancouver and Loungo could steal a couple maybe, but, Vancouver has nothing like the young players Chicago has. Havlat Toews, Kane, Versteeg, Sharp are all blue chip possibly franchise players and I would love to have their d-corp on my Senators.
Go to Top of Page

Guest3385
( )

Posted - 04/30/2009 :  15:57:02  Reply with Quote
I'm a Leafs fan, so you know I'm being completely objective when I say Vancouver > Calgary. That said, the Hawks will take this one in 6 or 7. Canucks fans, don't look ahead to the Conference Finals just because you have the better goalie. The Hawks have the overall better team on paper, and while both teams defence cores are solid, the Hawks get the slight edge. And the Hawks will be able to match the Nucks physicality every step of the way.
Go to Top of Page

Guest4948
( )

Posted - 05/01/2009 :  07:54:28  Reply with Quote
Neutral fan here, picked the Canucks from the outset to meet Detroit in the Conference final. That hasn't changed, even after a stellar third period, well, stellar first 18 mins of the third period, last night by the Blackhawks. The Hawks showed their potential in that third, but even if they can extend this series to 6 or 7, how much gas can Seabrook and Keith have by then? These guys are monsters, but you can't continue to play them every second shift!!! Campbell, well, maybe that's why they play the other two so much. Best off switching this guy to a wing or something. To me, one of the most overrated d-men in years. Said the same thing last year when San Jose fans got all hyped up about him! No chance he makes Team Canada 2010 like a lot of people thought he would a year ago.
Canucks, after sneaking this one out late against all the momentum will likely take care of this at home in game 5. This was one they were supposed to be rusty in and they dominated for 2 periods. Look for more of that come Saturday.
Go to Top of Page

mard65
Top Prospect

24 Posts

Posted - 05/01/2009 :  09:17:32  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Beans - since you're an Oilers fan shouldn't you be working on your golf game? Your season is over buddy. I love when fans of crap teams that can't even make the playoffs feel the need to weigh in on things. The Canucks top to bottom are a better team than the Hawks, better goalie, better defense 1 through 6 and a deeper group of forwards. This will go 5 maybe 6 maximum with the Canucks winning. Also, as Canada's last remaining team in the playoffs you could send a little love the way of another Canadian team. I cheered for you crappy Oil team during their Cup run against Carolina and I can't stand the Oilers. Good luck next year Beans - believe me you will need it!
quote:

Couple of quick points.

1) Hanley, what the hell does Vancouver being more exciting that Edmonton have to do with anything?? I am not arguing, Edmonton also plays a boring style of hockey. But I am a fan of the Oilers and always will be. If you look back at my posts, I clearly said if you are not a fan if the Canucks, the style is boring. I am agreeing that the Oilers also play a boring brand of Hockey. If I wasn't a die hard fan, I wouldn't watch the Oilers. And again, what does that have to do with the Canucks and Hawks??

2) Cakewalk?? Seriously??? Chicago was ahead of Vancouver in the standings all seasons. Chicago had more wins and more points. The only reason Vancouver has home ice is because they play in different divisions. Chicago just handled a team that was also ahead of Vancouver up until the last 5-6 games of the season. How is this a cake walk for either team??? Because Vancouver just worked a far inferior team in St. Louis?? I don't care how hot they were coming into the playoffs, St. Louis is not anywhere near the team that Chicago is.

3) It takes more than one series where the Sedin's "dominate" for me to stop being a critic. They both played very well against St. Louis. But again, it's St. Louis. However, prior to this series, the Twins combined for a total of 38 points in 43 games. That's not each, combinded (18 pts in 43 games for Henrik and 20 pts in 43 games for Daniel). If that is dominating playoff hockey, then I am watching the wrong game. They are going to have to go against Seabrook and Keith on every single shift. We just watched what the did to Iginla, Jokinen, and Camalerri.

Really, we will just have to wait and see. Tonight will be a true test. After have a long break, is there going to be any rust on the Canucks game??? Will Chicago continue it's play from the Calgary series??? Will the teams stay out of the penalty box??

It truely can go either way and I am in no way saying Vancouver is a pile of garbage. But I do believe that Chicago is a superior team in all areas save goaltending.

Only time will tell.

Go to Top of Page

mard65
Top Prospect

24 Posts

Posted - 05/01/2009 :  09:21:14  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Well said. Campbell is about the 4th best D-man on the Hawks and is vastly overrated. If Campbell makes Team Canada that would be a joke. Sure he can move the puck but the studs on the Hawks are Keith and Seabrook (both BC boys).
quote:
Originally posted by Guest4948

Neutral fan here, picked the Canucks from the outset to meet Detroit in the Conference final. That hasn't changed, even after a stellar third period, well, stellar first 18 mins of the third period, last night by the Blackhawks. The Hawks showed their potential in that third, but even if they can extend this series to 6 or 7, how much gas can Seabrook and Keith have by then? These guys are monsters, but you can't continue to play them every second shift!!! Campbell, well, maybe that's why they play the other two so much. Best off switching this guy to a wing or something. To me, one of the most overrated d-men in years. Said the same thing last year when San Jose fans got all hyped up about him! No chance he makes Team Canada 2010 like a lot of people thought he would a year ago.
Canucks, after sneaking this one out late against all the momentum will likely take care of this at home in game 5. This was one they were supposed to be rusty in and they dominated for 2 periods. Look for more of that come Saturday.

Go to Top of Page

Matt_Roberts85
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
936 Posts

Posted - 05/01/2009 :  10:10:31  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by mard65

Beans - since you're an Oilers fan shouldn't you be working on your golf game? Your season is over buddy. I love when fans of crap teams that can't even make the playoffs feel the need to weigh in on things.

[/quote]

I really hope you weren't talking hockey when the 'nucks were missing the playoffs in '06 and '08. Im sure you just sat at home and didn't say a word about the stanley cup playoffs.

Go to Top of Page

Matt_Roberts85
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
936 Posts

Posted - 05/01/2009 :  10:39:40  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
or maybe your not used to real hockey fans continuing to follow the sport, even when their team is out. Considering you 'nuck fans are all bandwagon jumpers, and only care about hockey when vancouver is playing, this must be foreign to you.

Go to Top of Page

greatonesleague
Top Prospect

Canada
25 Posts

Posted - 05/01/2009 :  11:34:59  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
van, loungo!
Go to Top of Page

Guest2930
( )

Posted - 05/01/2009 :  11:53:49  Reply with Quote
This from a Leafs fan! Pipe up when you make the playoffs. Oh yeah you won a Cup....before you were born...
quote:

quote:
Originally posted by mard65

Beans - since you're an Oilers fan shouldn't you be working on your golf game? Your season is over buddy. I love when fans of crap teams that can't even make the playoffs feel the need to weigh in on things.

I really hope you weren't talking hockey when the 'nucks were missing the playoffs in '06 and '08. Im sure you just sat at home and didn't say a word about the stanley cup playoffs.

[/quote]
Go to Top of Page

Guest2930
( )

Posted - 05/01/2009 :  12:04:54  Reply with Quote
Matt aren't you the Leaf fan that's born and raised in BC and are about 12 years old so not even old enough to recall any glory years whatsoever for your beloved Leafs? If I remember right your a Leafs fan because your dad is. My dad once lived in Atlanta but that didn't make me a Flames/Thrashers fan. Guys who don't cheer for their home team are a joke in my books so keep up your sad rants. Good luck with Burkie, you'll need it. Oh by the way since I'm not a real fan in your books I'll let you know I was a season ticket holder for years, I saw the Canucks knock out your crappy Leafs live in the Conference Final in 94, went to all of the games in the 82 run and I'd say it's safe to say I've seen more live playoff games then you've seen regular season games. Have you even been to Toronto to see your Leafs live? I'm definitely not a band wagon jumper Matt and I support my hometown team which is a lot more than I can say for you my friend.
quote:

or maybe your not used to real hockey fans continuing to follow the sport, even when their team is out. Considering you 'nuck fans are all bandwagon jumpers, and only care about hockey when vancouver is playing, this must be foreign to you.

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page