Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Search
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Hockey Forums
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... General Hockey Chat
 Vancouver vs Chicago Allow Anonymous Users Reply to This Topic...
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 3

Matt_Roberts85
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
936 Posts

Posted - 05/01/2009 :  13:21:05  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
hahaha, dude I think youve got me confused with someone else.
Im 24, lived in Toronto my whole life, and Ive been going to leaf games since i was about 6 years old. I seriously doubt you've been to more playoff games than ive been to regular season games... i've been to alot of playoff games here as well. Starting with the ol'Maple Leaf Gardens and then into the ACC. I also go to Sabres games, and to Montreal for Hab games. How the hell would you know who my dad cheers for..?

I used to think leaf fans were bitter, but the cupless canuck fans are giving us a bit of a challenge here. (I just know an Admin is goin to put a stop to this bantering, but i have to admit, its kinda fun)

There is no "I" in team, but there is an "M" and an "E".
Go to Top of Page

Guest2930
( )

Posted - 05/01/2009 :  15:07:37  Reply with Quote
Sorry Matt I mistook you for some wanker Leaf fan from BC who likes to post on here about his beloved Leafs even though he's never been to Toronto. I would challenge you on how many Leafs playoff games you've seen live since you're 24 years old. Have they made the playoffs in your lifetime? My first Canucks game was against the Kings in 1972 so I've been to a lot of games and suffered a lot of agony but thats part of being a Canucks fan. Just like its part of being a Leafs fan. Good on you that you cheer for your home team and maybe someday they'll make the playoffs again. Enjoy your weekend and enjoy the playoff games this weekend! That being said [ admin edit - personal attack ]. Now go enjoy your Cheeseburger Picnic with Mr Lahey!
quote:
Originally posted by Matt_Roberts85

Im 24, lived in Toronto my whole life, and Ive been going to leaf games since i was about 6 years old. I seriously doubt you've been to more playoff games than ive been to regular season games... i've been to alot of playoff games here as well. Starting with the ol'Maple Leaf Gardens and then into the ACC. I also go to Sabres games, and to Montreal for Hab games. How the hell would you know who my dad cheers for..?

I used to think leaf fans were bitter, but the cupless canuck fans are giving us a bit of a challenge here. (I just know an Admin is goin to put a stop to this bantering, but i have to admit, its kinda fun)

Edited by - n/a on 05/02/2009 20:21:36
Go to Top of Page

DangleFest89
Rookie

122 Posts

Posted - 05/01/2009 :  15:35:40  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
wow how old are you guest you must feel tough being atleast in your 40s to call kids name that I haven't heard since I've been in public school......
Go to Top of Page

Beans15

Canada
8286 Posts

Posted - 05/01/2009 :  18:55:33  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Is still don't understand how being a fan of one teams makes me bitter?? I think certain teams are better than others regardless of who I cheer for. What a joke.

And I don't care if Vancouver is in Canada. I cheer for the teams I like, not from where they are. If you cheered for the Oilers, good for you. Will I ever cheer for the Canucks. Nope. But I do give them credit for their win. They looked capable. But they also had to score a goal in the last minute to hang on, and I mean that literally. If Chicago plays three periods the way they played the 3rd in game one, Vancouver is in trouble. Vancouver could win simply on experience. It will be a grind of a series.

Go to Top of Page

Guest4739
( )

Posted - 05/01/2009 :  20:42:57  Reply with Quote
Huge fire in Calgary. FLAMES all over the golf course.
Go to Top of Page

Canucks Man
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
1547 Posts

Posted - 05/01/2009 :  22:42:20  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Beans15

Is still don't understand how being a fan of one teams makes me bitter?? I think certain teams are better than others regardless of who I cheer for. What a joke.

And I don't care if Vancouver is in Canada. I cheer for the teams I like, not from where they are. If you cheered for the Oilers, good for you. Will I ever cheer for the Canucks. Nope. But I do give them credit for their win. They looked capable. But they also had to score a goal in the last minute to hang on, and I mean that literally. If Chicago plays three periods the way they played the 3rd in game one, Vancouver is in trouble. Vancouver could win simply on experience. It will be a grind of a series.

I totally understand what you mean about not caring that their in canada, I didnt cheer for the Flames, Oilers or Senators, simply because i dont like any of those teams, and wasnt going to cheer for them regardless of what country they are from.

CANUCKS RULE!!!
Go to Top of Page

greatonesleague
Top Prospect

Canada
25 Posts

Posted - 05/02/2009 :  11:51:31  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Thrasher

quote:
Ok, I am still completely lost. Maybe I am a complete moron, but what are talking about?? The team I cheer for in the regular season must be lowering their handicap at the moment?? What???

I think he meant golf.

I think your right Beans, no one watched the Calgary vs Chicago series. All i have to say is (as much as i hate Pierre Mcguire, hes an idiot) Pierre was right about Seabrook and Keith. Those guys dominated the series. They logged HUGE minutes, completely shut down Iginla and Jokinen. I put those two ahead of the Sedins everytime. Calgary has a deeper forward selection (IMO) with players like Bourque, Glencross, Moss and Nystrom playing any where from 1st to 4th line. Calgarys defense may be worse than Vancouvers, but Chicago made them look like pilons sometimes. Chicago is a more physical team (IMO again). Any one see that MONSTER Byfulgien(is that right?) Not only did that guy scare the poop out of the Calgary defence, the guy has some playmaking hands. Eager, Ladd, Burish, all just bangers. Calgary is a more physical team than Vancouver, no doubt, and Chicago just simply out worked them. Calgary looked worn down and beaten by the 6th game, no one seemed to want to touch the puck.

The Bulin wall looked amazing in game 6. He had a fairly good series and pretty much outshined a younger and more decorated goaltender. Toews looked like a complete player for most of the first round, and dominate in faceoffs. Versteeg, Kane and Sharp all impressed me, while players like Cambell, Barker, Walker were solid warriors(did anyone see Walkers finger?? WTF? And he played the rest of the game? That guys a beast).

This should be a very entertaining series, im hoping Eager gets a call against the Sedins. Once their scared to touch the puck, Vancouver is done.yea,!, let's see where the series stands after game#2 smart ass, GO CANUCKS GO ( canadas team with the best fans in the league and the best province in CANADA)

I Promise I didn't give her the STD, I'm not a sharing person.

Go to Top of Page

Thrasher
Rookie

Canada
155 Posts

Posted - 05/02/2009 :  12:36:41  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Please dont put your comment inside mine. It makes me look stupid when i really didn't say those things. Not once did i say Chicago is going to breeze through this series. This will be a grind for both teams. And your fairly confident after a very close game. Im hoping the rest of the series is like this, that was entertaining hockey.

BC best province? ha ha. Stop borrowing money from Alberta then. (i dont want to get involved in Politics on this site).

Vancouver best team? Not a chance. Best goaltender no doubt. Decent team.

Im not even cheering against Vancouver, i do like both teams. I like watching Chicago more though, and would love to see these kids win a cup.

Smart ass?? Alright then.

I Promise I didn't give her the STD, I'm not a sharing person.
Go to Top of Page

greatonesleague
Top Prospect

Canada
25 Posts

Posted - 05/02/2009 :  15:52:10  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Guest4658

the canucks are just as physical as both calgary and chicago...if not even more so now.
burrows, kesler, bernier, rypien, hordichuk, ohlund, o'brien, bieksa
and almost everyone on the team has stepped it up...vancouver isnt a team to be pushed around i assure you that!
possible fights:
bieksa vs eager
rypien (showed that speed really kills, example made: Stortz) vs eager
o'brien vs eager
hordihuk vs eager

well the canucks won game #1, despite hordichuck playing . whenare they(canucks coaching staff going to realize hordichuck is aliablty on the ice ,and defintly ca'nt be on the ice in the 3rd period ) last night he tried to make about 10 hits missed 8 of them and took apenalty on the one of the 2 he did make .WAKE UP COACHING STAFF FOR THE CANUCKS AND SIT HIS ASS IN THE STANDS AND DRESS PYATT, AND HANSEN ,take out rypien too
Go to Top of Page

hanley6
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
674 Posts

Posted - 05/02/2009 :  21:01:04  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Beans15

Couple of quick points.

1) Hanley, what the hell does Vancouver being more exciting that Edmonton have to do with anything?? I am not arguing, Edmonton also plays a boring style of hockey. But I am a fan of the Oilers and always will be. If you look back at my posts, I clearly said if you are not a fan if the Canucks, the style is boring. I am agreeing that the Oilers also play a boring brand of Hockey. If I wasn't a die hard fan, I wouldn't watch the Oilers. And again, what does that have to do with the Canucks and Hawks??

2) Cakewalk?? Seriously??? Chicago was ahead of Vancouver in the standings all seasons. Chicago had more wins and more points. The only reason Vancouver has home ice is because they play in different divisions. Chicago just handled a team that was also ahead of Vancouver up until the last 5-6 games of the season. How is this a cake walk for either team??? Because Vancouver just worked a far inferior team in St. Louis?? I don't care how hot they were coming into the playoffs, St. Louis is not anywhere near the team that Chicago is.

3) It takes more than one series where the Sedin's "dominate" for me to stop being a critic. They both played very well against St. Louis. But again, it's St. Louis. However, prior to this series, the Twins combined for a total of 38 points in 43 games. That's not each, combinded (18 pts in 43 games for Henrik and 20 pts in 43 games for Daniel). If that is dominating playoff hockey, then I am watching the wrong game. They are going to have to go against Seabrook and Keith on every single shift. We just watched what the did to Iginla, Jokinen, and Camalerri.

Really, we will just have to wait and see. Tonight will be a true test. After have a long break, is there going to be any rust on the Canucks game??? Will Chicago continue it's play from the Calgary series??? Will the teams stay out of the penalty box??

It truely can go either way and I am in no way saying Vancouver is a pile of garbage. But I do believe that Chicago is a superior team in all areas save goaltending.

Only time will tell.

1. First of all there is no boring hockey team in the NHL, They all play at a level that you and I could only dream of performing in... I'm not a Vancouver fan at all, but they are exciting to watch, they have the goaltending, and a very hard working, hard nosed team...

2. The only reason why Chicago ended better (only by 4 points) than Vancouver in the Regular Season is because Luongo was injured November 22 and didn't play again until January 15. You said Chicago was ahead of Vancouver all season that's funny because Vancouver won there first 2 games Chicago lost there first 2 games. by November 22 Vancouver had 28 Points Chicago had 25. Chicago didn't go ahead of Vancouver in the Standings until December 16th but Vancouver tied them in the Standings on December 17th. Chicago took the lead again on December 19. March 17 Vancouver went ahead of Chicago in the Standings Vancouver 83 Points Chicago 81 Points. Chicago went ahead April 5

3. The Sedins combined against Chicago have 5 points in 2 games against Chicago in this series, not bad at all. so far in the Playoffs in 6 games the Sedin twins have 14 Points combined, thats pretty good...

series tied 1-1 so far still early but go Vancouver
Go to Top of Page

Guest9510
( )

Posted - 05/03/2009 :  01:39:04  Reply with Quote
If you think Toews and Kane are all that make up this Chicago team, you are sadly mistaken. What about Havlat, Eager and Sharp. Not to mention the best defense in the league. Keith, Seabrook, Campbell just to name 3. Vancouver is toast, Chicago in 6.
Go to Top of Page

Pasty7
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
2312 Posts

Posted - 05/03/2009 :  14:42:30  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
any of you disagreeing with beans see game two?? hmmmmmmmmm and even game one,,, cakewalk come on this series can go either way and will be close right down to the wire... WAKE UP but an interesting fact game 2 was the first time Bulin has beaten the nucks since 98..... maybe Huet will make an appearance,,,, or is that just a Huet fans wishfull thinking!??

Pasty
Go to Top of Page

Guest4948
( )

Posted - 05/04/2009 :  07:44:54  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Pasty7

any of you disagreeing with beans see game two?? hmmmmmmmmm and even game one,,, cakewalk come on this series can go either way and will be close right down to the wire... WAKE UP but an interesting fact game 2 was the first time Bulin has beaten the nucks since 98..... maybe Huet will make an appearance,,,, or is that just a Huet fans wishfull thinking!??

Pasty

Must admit, the group at the bbq i was at while watching this was wondering when it was quickly 2-0 if we'd see Huet? Granted, wasn't really Bulin's fault for the 2 goals but with his history vs Vancouver one had to wonder. Funny, an hour or so later, we were wondering if Labarbera would be making an appearance. Looks to be an entertaining series but Chicago's 4th line is dominating their Nucks counterparts!
Go to Top of Page

Matt_Roberts85
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
936 Posts

Posted - 05/04/2009 :  07:58:28  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Guest2930

Sorry Matt I mistook you for some wanker Leaf fan from BC who likes to post on here about his beloved Leafs even though he's never been to Toronto. I would challenge you on how many Leafs playoff games you've seen live since you're 24 years old. Have they made the playoffs in your lifetime? My first Canucks game was against the Kings in 1972 so I've been to a lot of games and suffered a lot of agony but thats part of being a Canucks fan. Just like its part of being a Leafs fan. Good on you that you cheer for your home team and maybe someday they'll make the playoffs again. Enjoy your weekend and enjoy the playoff games this weekend! That being said [ admin edit - personal attack ]. Now go enjoy your Cheeseburger Picnic with Mr Lahey!
quote:

Cheeseburger picnic was great! Got drunk and stoned and watched the nucks get smoked.

Go to Top of Page

Guest2930
( )

Posted - 05/04/2009 :  09:10:25  Reply with Quote
At least they're still playing....
quote:

quote:

quote:

Cheeseburger picnic was great! Got drunk and stoned and watched the nucks get smoked.

Go to Top of Page

Matt_Roberts85
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
936 Posts

Posted - 05/04/2009 :  09:17:31  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
ok..? im not bringing up the leafs in any of this, i know they sucked ass and missed the playoffs. im actually cheering for vancouver, they got smoked though. cant deny the facts.

Go to Top of Page

Beans15

Canada
8286 Posts

Posted - 05/04/2009 :  10:55:07  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
1. First of all there is no boring hockey team in the NHL, They all play at a level that you and I could only dream of performing in... I'm not a Vancouver fan at all, but they are exciting to watch, they have the goaltending, and a very hard working, hard nosed team...

2. The only reason why Chicago ended better (only by 4 points) than Vancouver in the Regular Season is because Luongo was injured November 22 and didn't play again until January 15. You said Chicago was ahead of Vancouver all season that's funny because Vancouver won there first 2 games Chicago lost there first 2 games. by November 22 Vancouver had 28 Points Chicago had 25. Chicago didn't go ahead of Vancouver in the Standings until December 16th but Vancouver tied them in the Standings on December 17th. Chicago took the lead again on December 19. March 17 Vancouver went ahead of Chicago in the Standings Vancouver 83 Points Chicago 81 Points. Chicago went ahead April 5

3. The Sedins combined against Chicago have 5 points in 2 games against Chicago in this series, not bad at all. so far in the Playoffs in 6 games the Sedin twins have 14 Points combined, thats pretty good...

series tied 1-1 so far still early but go Vancouver

1 - I emphatically disagree. There is significantly better hockey any place in Canada (be it high level Midget, The Junior Leagues, University, etc) compared to watching Minnesota, New Jersey, Vancouver, or Nashville. There it little to no style to the team play, and it's boring. I will literally fall asleep during games with any of these teams and be glued to the edge of my seat watching most any other game. Just because they play at a the highest level does not make it entertaining.

2 - Call me a liar for a couple of points here or there. My point was (which I think everyone understood except you) was that the teams were very very close through the entire regular season. I was justifying my differing opinion to your "cake walk" comment. This is in no way a "cake walk" for either team. No playoff series is. Even a 4 game sweep is generally a competative group of games.

3 - You are correct. The 14 points in 6 games combined is awesome for the Sedin's this playoff series. But what about the previous 86 playoff games they played where they had a combined 38 points?? They still have not proven to me that they are clutch playoff guys. And regardless of what they scored last game, it's wasn't enough.

The next couple of games will be very interesting. Chicago is heading home knowing that they can beat the Canucks and could have been coming up up 2-0 if not for about 2 minutes of weak play in the 3rd period of game 1. Scoring 6 goals on 35ish shots against Luongo also tells them he can be beat. Chicago has the momentum right now and Vancouver needs to come out strong in game 3 and take that momentum back.

Edited by - Beans15 on 05/04/2009 11:07:46
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

4809 Posts

Posted - 05/05/2009 :  04:54:29  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I agree about the momentum - Chicago has it, and they made Luongo look very human. Vancouver needs a big game in Chi-town tonight.

prediction: Luongo steals it.

"Take off, eh?" - Bob and Doug
Go to Top of Page

Rambo2305
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
546 Posts

Posted - 05/05/2009 :  06:44:15  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Luongo will steal the show, but the Hawks will win it.

3-2 Blackhawks...

"Everytime you step out onto the ice, it's a clean slate, anyone can win"
Go to Top of Page

Gusteroni
Rookie

Canada
225 Posts

Posted - 05/05/2009 :  13:09:04  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Sami Salo being out is going to hurt the Canucks tonight. Luongo has no choice but to play perfect tonight having one less veteran defenceman (who has scored 3 goals also...I think). This series is showing signs of going to seven and it is going to be quite the showdown. Here's hoping Sundin will be more of a factor and play the way I know he can. I'm now saying Canucks in 7.

"There are only two seasons. Hockey season and not hockey season."
Go to Top of Page

hanley6
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
674 Posts

Posted - 05/05/2009 :  21:08:12  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Great game Vancouver wins 3-1, Chicago did out play Vancouver but Luongo was excellent as always... Although Khabinulin wasn't a pushover he too played a great game.

someone said earlier they wish Chicago would play Huet... If they did that it would be a cake walk for Vancouver

GO Canucks to more wins

Edited by - hanley6 on 05/05/2009 21:10:06
Go to Top of Page

Guest9850
( )

Posted - 05/06/2009 :  04:29:50  Reply with Quote
I know no one really gives a s*** but Toews is my 4th or 5th cousin and I love the Blackhawks. That is why I voted for Chicago. I know vancouver is winning the series but chicago is a very fast team and at times it seems like they can score a goal like nothing.
Go to Top of Page

Guest6196
( )

Posted - 05/06/2009 :  10:11:44  Reply with Quote
quote:

Matt aren't you the Leaf fan that's born and raised in BC and are about 12 years old so not even old enough to recall any glory years whatsoever for your beloved Leafs? If I remember right your a Leafs fan because your dad is. My dad once lived in Atlanta but that didn't make me a Flames/Thrashers fan. Guys who don't cheer for their home team are a joke in my books so keep up your sad rants. Good luck with Burkie, you'll need it. Oh by the way since I'm not a real fan in your books I'll let you know I was a season ticket holder for years, I saw the Canucks knock out your crappy Leafs live in the Conference Final in 94, went to all of the games in the 82 run and I'd say it's safe to say I've seen more live playoff games then you've seen regular season games. Have you even been to Toronto to see your Leafs live? I'm definitely not a band wagon jumper Matt and I support my hometown team which is a lot more than I can say for you my friend.
quote:

or maybe your not used to real hockey fans continuing to follow the sport, even when their team is out. Considering you 'nuck fans are all bandwagon jumpers, and only care about hockey when vancouver is playing, this must be foreign to you.

I would not say if you don' cheer for your home team you are a joke. I live in Ottawa. Most people hear grew up cheering hard for the Toronto or Montreal. I cheer for Edm. Now that Ottawa has a team am I supposed to change my heart after all these years JUST because I live there. Give me a break. Who cares where you live in relation to who you cheer for.

I was in Van in 94, Van was wild but I would have to say nothing like edm when I was there for the cup run a few years back or Cal for there cup run. but in your mind I am a joke just because I do not cheer for Ottawa. Stupid
Go to Top of Page

Beans15

Canada
8286 Posts

Posted - 05/06/2009 :  11:02:14  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I haven't seen the numbers yet, but I would suggest that Chicago turned the puck over 3 to 1 compared to Vancouver. I don't think I have seen the Chicago defense turn the puck over as much as they did last night and the other big factor in the game was that Vancouver capitalized on the Chicago mistakes. Chicago did not capitalize on Vancouvers. How many delay of game penalties did Vancouver get and Chicago didn't punish them for it(especially with Salo out of the line up). I don't think Luogo was a bigger factor than Khabibulin. The difference was the Vancouver defense did not turn the puck over in the slot a half dozen times.

Momentum swing back to the Canucks. We will see how Chicago will respond next game. I am thinking, as we speak, that Quinville is bag skating the crap out of his defense. They have to play better and not turn the puck over.
Go to Top of Page

Matt_Roberts85
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
936 Posts

Posted - 05/06/2009 :  11:52:34  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good points there beans. This game should have been Chicagos for the taking. Salo and Demitra out, Sundin playing hurt and not being very effective and being on Home ice should have meant a guaranteed win for the hawks. Van showed alot of character going into Chi Town and playing as well as they did. Good for them, cant wait for game 4.

Go to Top of Page

easy_mo_b
Top Prospect

Canada
1 Posts

Posted - 05/06/2009 :  15:33:19  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
You're right Beans.... Momentum has shifted back to the Canucks. If Chicago loses two in a row, it'll be hard to get back the momentum they need to take the series.

"F***ing machine took my quarter."
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

4809 Posts

Posted - 05/07/2009 :  04:44:35  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Well, I was right on the victory, but Luongo didn't have to steal the show as I predicted - he was solid, but the defence in front was awesome. Just a great team effort.

That being said, I expect Chicago to pour on the offence tonight, and if Vancouver wants to win, Luongo will have to be spectacular.

I say Chi-town takes game 4 in this see-saw battle.

Go to Top of Page

Matt_Roberts85
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
936 Posts

Posted - 05/07/2009 :  08:54:50  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Vancouver is going up 3-1. I think the youth of the hawks is finally going to be exposed. Emotions will run high tonight, Chicago will take bad penalties. Luongo will allow 1 questionable goal to let the hawks back in the game, then shut the door. Sedins, Raymond and Kesler lead the way for the forwards, Bieksa remains a rock on the backend.

Byuflen (spelling, i know) will be the best hawk.

Just my prediction.

Score- Van 4 Chi 3

Go to Top of Page

Guest2930
( )

Posted - 05/07/2009 :  09:25:20  Reply with Quote
Matt my friend it's good to see you coming around. Welcome to Canuck Nation! Want me to send you a Canucks jersey with Sundin on it? Cheeseburger Walrus
quote:

Vancouver is going up 3-1. I think the youth of the hawks is finally going to be exposed. Emotions will run high tonight, Chicago will take bad penalties. Luongo will allow 1 questionable goal to let the hawks back in the game, then shut the door. Sedins, Raymond and Kesler lead the way for the forwards, Bieksa remains a rock on the backend.

Byuflen (spelling, i know) will be the best hawk.

Just my prediction.

Score- Van 4 Chi 3

Go to Top of Page

Matt_Roberts85
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
936 Posts

Posted - 05/07/2009 :  10:08:30  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
hehe, i was always pulling for the canucks to win this series. I just wanted to bug you a bit for hatin' on my leafs

I already have my autographed Sundin Leafs jersey, but if you wanted to send me a cancuks one, i wont be so worried about getting it dirty and ill have a sundin one to wear hehe.

Its nice to hear from the biggest fu<k Giraffe in the dumb dumb salad.

(trailer park boys kicks ass lol)

Go to Top of Page

Guest8332
( )

Posted - 05/07/2009 :  15:59:12  Reply with Quote
Series should already be 3-0 Vancouver! They just shat the bed when they had the lead. Up every game then they stop playing. Why?!!! So frustrating to watch. And to hear the Chicago players say they have to be more physical...gimme a break. If Chi plays more physical, Van may actually start to hit, too. It's in Chi's best interest to play a skilled, speed game, if they want to hit...this series is done in 5.
Go to Top of Page

Beans15

Canada
8286 Posts

Posted - 05/07/2009 :  16:27:25  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I can't remember when I heard it, but on one of the play off games this year the sports caster said that the team who won game four has won something like 85% of the series in the past 20 years.

I don't think this series will be any different. Obviously, if Vancouver wins and goes up 3-1, it's highly unlikely they will lose the next three straight. Vancouver is a good enough team to win one out of 3 against any team in the league. However, if Chicago wins, I think it goes to them.

This is the TSN turning point game. The last game, Chicago beat themselves with turnovers and Vancouver contained Chicago effectively on defense.We will which game comes out tonight. The highly offensive, smart defensive Hawks, or the sharp forechecking, rock solid defensive Canucks.

I can't see Chicago having another poor game at home.
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

4809 Posts

Posted - 05/07/2009 :  17:43:16  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I think you are thinking of game 5, Beans, as being the "85% wins the series" game.

Game 4 could go to Chicago, and Vancouver would still have home ice advantage . . . and it's a best of three. I'd still bet on the Canucks winning.

Go to Top of Page

Beans15

Canada
8286 Posts

Posted - 05/07/2009 :  19:54:32  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by slozo

I think you are thinking of game 5, Beans, as being the "85% wins the series" game.

Game 4 could go to Chicago, and Vancouver would still have home ice advantage . . . and it's a best of three. I'd still bet on the Canucks winning.

Yep, now that I think about it, you are right. It's game 5. Guess we will see.

Momentum swing back to Chicago. If you are a Canuck, you gotta wonder what you gotta do to win. You completely out play the opposition in really all 4 games, but you are going home tied at 2 games each. Those kids will feed off of that and the Canucks are gonna be mad!!

Saturday will be the game that decides the series.
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

4809 Posts

Posted - 05/08/2009 :  05:30:03  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Finally, Beans - something we can agree on!

It's all about Saturday, for sure. Stock your fridge with beer, warm up the nachos and popcorn, and settle in for a whale of a game!

Small point (sorry, have to disagree on something here) - I really don't think Vancouver outplayed Chicago in all 4 games, specifically game 2. This last game I would call pretty even, it really could have gone either way and the score was reflective of that.

Go to Top of Page

Guest4948
( )

Posted - 05/08/2009 :  07:56:33  Reply with Quote
Have to agree, Vancouver didn't exactly outplay Chicago last night, they just decided to defend and not attack whatsoever with a one goal lead and it bit them in the aZZ!!! Game two was like two different games. All Canucks for first 30, all Hawks for the next 30. It's kinda like the Van/Stl series, yeah was a sweep, but it's not as though the Canucks were blowing them away 5-1 each game? That series, quite like this one, could easily have gone a few more games!

Still think the Canucks hold the edge here, especially with home ice advantage. With Havlat's late goal, my Canucks in 5 theory was shot dead, however, i still think they take this series. Hopefully they go back to the attacking style of hockey we became used to this season (especially the last few months!).

*note, for those who claim the Canucks are boring, a trapping team, etc, you may have seen that last night and on a few occasions this year, but a team that ranked 11th out of 30 in goals for during the regular season can hardly be considered a boring, trapping team.......
Go to Top of Page

Matt_Roberts85
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
936 Posts

Posted - 05/08/2009 :  08:06:13  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Last nights game was easily the most boring playoff game this season. Absolutley terrible to watch. There were stretches that lasted minutes upon minutes without even anything resembling a shot on net. Just brutal.

I wish I had of stayed up for detroit/anaheim. 6-3 sounds alot more exciting than this...

Go to Top of Page

Beans15

Canada
8286 Posts

Posted - 05/09/2009 :  22:21:29  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Wow, I am shocked to say, great game to watch tonight!! Until the last 10 minutes it really could have gone either way.

I will admit that I did not give Vancouver enough credit at the start of this series. They have some serious speed and were grittier than I have seen them play (mostly against Edmonton). However, I gotta say, I still don't find them incredibly exciting to watch. I have made a point to watch every game of the series because I was talking so much on here.

It's gonna be really hard for Vancouver to come back and win in Chicago on Monday. There are going to be 22,000 freaking out and I think Chicago learned from the Calgary series about putting a team away. Stranger things have happened, but I beleive Canada's final hope for the Cup will be cleaing out their lockers on Tuesday.

Go to Top of Page

Guest0806
( )

Posted - 05/10/2009 :  07:49:07  Reply with Quote
Canucks are finished.
They were out of it immediately after signing Sundin.
He came in over-rated and did nothing but watch the games.
He broke whatever mo-jo Canucks had going - and they are paying the price right now.
Regardless of a good game here and there - he ruined Canucks chances of anything.
OVER-RATED - by Toronto media and fans, now Canucks are paying the price!
Go to Top of Page

Matt_Roberts85
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
936 Posts

Posted - 05/11/2009 :  07:03:57  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Guest0806

Canucks are finished.
They were out of it immediately after signing Sundin.
He came in over-rated and did nothing but watch the games.
He broke whatever mo-jo Canucks had going - and they are paying the price right now.
Regardless of a good game here and there - he ruined Canucks chances of anything.
OVER-RATED - by Toronto media and fans, now Canucks are paying the price!

Well, he played well for the leafs, and if he isnt bringing the goods in vancouver than thats their problem. The nucks wanted a rub from a real team (just kidding nuck fans) and they picked up our 38 year old has-been. No one forced mike gilles to sign him. Hes had hip/groin problems for a couple of years, was getting up there in age and was used to playing in the east.

Its still not fair to lay the blame for everything negative at the feet of sundin. they are in the 2nd round of playoffs, and were one of the hottest teams in the second half of the season.

You want to make him a scapegoat when they lose, yet you dont want to give him any credit when they win.

I think your just trying to fire up a debate between sundin fans and yourself... there was already a long drawn out forum on that one...

IF the canucks come back and win the series on a sundin goal, will you take back what you said..? or go and hide...

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page