Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Search
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Hockey Forums
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... Trash Talk
 Do You Hate Darcy Tucker? Allow Anonymous Users Reply to This Topic...
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 3

Ripley
PickupHockey Pro

USA
365 Posts

Posted - 10/13/2006 :  18:13:22  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Why does everyone hate Darcy Tucker of the Toronto Maple Leafs? He busts his butt every night and plays with more intensity than almost any other player in the league. I get that he aggravates other teams and fans, but he's not that 'dirty'. Why the hate-on for this guy?

BTW great article on him:
http://www.pickuphockey.com/hockeynews.aspx?article=h101331A

oil guy
Rookie

Canada
122 Posts

Posted - 10/14/2006 :  09:19:23  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I am with Ripley, I think he gets a short shift in most peoples eyes because he is a pest type player but I think his biggest reason he is hated is because he is on the Leafs and you just have to hate them.
Go to Top of Page

leigh

Canada
1755 Posts

Posted - 10/14/2006 :  23:07:48  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
LOL! That's hilarious! I also think Tucker has a bad rap. That alledged bad hit vs Jokinen (I think it was him???) was a joke! He's an intense player and any team would be happy to have him on their roster. At least he can skate and he even scores goals.
Go to Top of Page

bablaboushka
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
2417 Posts

Posted - 10/15/2006 :  17:04:58  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
He's like a scaled-down combination of Ryan Smyth and Chris Neil. Now what could be wrong with that? He might not be the leader that Smyth is but he has his fearlessness. Just like Smyth, Tucker will drive the net and bother the goalie when you want him to (even if he doesn't put as many in the net). He's also a little pest that can easily get guys off their games and is not afraid to drop the gloves when the team is down. My fanship of the Leafs has come and passed, but Tucker is one of those guys you'd love to play with and hate to play against.

Go to Top of Page

goon
Rookie

Canada
113 Posts

Posted - 10/16/2006 :  10:30:34  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good assessment bablaboushka. For a little guy, he plays like he is bigger than Chara. Who wouldn't want him on your team? He has proven he can play on the top 2 lines and can play tough. I don't like him becasue he plays for the Leafs, but that is expected, right?

Go to Top of Page

Novie
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
452 Posts

Posted - 10/19/2006 :  16:43:56  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
OK, let me be the first to put him down!

Being a sens fan, I may not have the most un-biased opinion, but I hate his TYPE of player altogether, he just personifies the TYPE.

I recently read an article in the Calgary Sun that interviewed his wife, and she said "My heart skips a beat every time Darcy goes down, I hope hes OK"

This woman's heart must skip so many beats it barely moves anymore. The guy spends more time on the ice than the puck does!

I'm all for selling a call, but you don't have to go down like you've been shot in the face. I'm with Lindy Ruff on this one: He's a joke!

Go Sens
Go to Top of Page

Novie
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
452 Posts

Posted - 10/19/2006 :  16:45:09  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
PS - Let me add I'm not a big fan of Chris Neil either, for the same reasons...and he's a Sen.

Go Sens
Go to Top of Page

tmlfan46
Top Prospect

Canada
19 Posts

Posted - 10/19/2006 :  21:51:10  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I think Darcy Tucker is a good player. He may not be the best passer but he can score. He has good positioning skills. He can also be a grinder.
Go to Top of Page

blade
Rookie

Canada
199 Posts

Posted - 10/19/2006 :  22:19:05  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'm with Novie on this one. he sucks. No real reason here just he sucks, and so do the buds.

Go to Top of Page

Novie
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
452 Posts

Posted - 10/20/2006 :  03:55:06  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by tmlfan46

I think Darcy Tucker is a good player. He may not be the best passer but he can score. He has good positioning skills. He can also be a grinder.

If a 'scorer with good positioning skills' means 'he can set up shop beside the net and sweep in all the garbage', then I agree with you.

Go Sens
Go to Top of Page

nazzy_19
Top Prospect

Canada
57 Posts

Posted - 10/20/2006 :  03:58:29  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Being a west-coaster, I automatically despise any team east of the rockies... but when it comes to individual players, there are a few that have a certain level of respect in my books...

Darcy Tucker is not one of them.

Although he does bust it out there every night, he's still a whiny little b!tch, and honestly needs to learn how to skate. He's a train wreck! Sort of reminds me of what Tie Domi would've been if he hadn't been dropped on his head multiple times as a baby, trimmed his eyebrows and skated a little bit better.

Go to Top of Page

blade
Rookie

Canada
199 Posts

Posted - 10/20/2006 :  09:52:26  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by nazzy_19
Sort of reminds me of what Tie Domi would've been if he hadn't been dropped on his head multiple times as a baby, trimmed his eyebrows and skated a little bit better.

So what you're saying is that Tucker is the "Mssing Link". I can buy that.

Go to Top of Page

oil guy
Rookie

Canada
122 Posts

Posted - 10/23/2006 :  07:04:30  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Novie

quote:
Originally posted by tmlfan46

If a 'scorer with good positioning skills' means 'he can set up shop beside the net and sweep in all the garbage', then I agree with you.

Go Sens

does getting a garbage goal make it any less of a goal? i think a player who takes some punishmentand hangs in to still put it in the net is better than a flash player who seems to disapear if he gets hit is far more detrimental to a successful team. Id rater never get a highlight real goal but get a stanley cup than have a career full of tsn moment goals.
Go to Top of Page

slapshot
Rookie

USA
141 Posts

Posted - 10/23/2006 :  09:03:54  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Agreed. Ugly goal, pretty goal - who cares. 7G 3A in 9 games is a pretty good start for Darcy. And lets get serious, Tucker is not expected to score highlight reel goals. He is proven that if given the ice time and competent linemates, he can be a point a game guy. Sure some people don't like him but he is definitely not the most hated guy in hockey - not even close.

Go to Top of Page

scutlebut
Top Prospect

Canada
2 Posts

Posted - 10/24/2006 :  14:09:23  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
if the rest of the leafs played with as much heart as he does , they would be planning there parade route now .BUT unfortunately the rest of the team does'nt have that kind of heart for the game, just imagine if that floater sundin play with that kind of energy. GO LEAFS GO
Go to Top of Page

Guest6916
( )

Posted - 10/24/2006 :  14:13:19  Reply with Quote
Dud you have got to be kidding. Sundin is not a floater and Darcy chould be kissing the ice Mats skates on.
Go to Top of Page

Novie
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
452 Posts

Posted - 10/25/2006 :  04:57:21  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Big tough guy, hey Tucker? Taking on Eaves, a guy that has never fough at any level....probably skated past the bench and chirped at Neil and McGratton after you did it too.

Just another reason to hate this idiot!

Go Sens
Go to Top of Page

Guest9731
( )

Posted - 10/25/2006 :  05:17:07  Reply with Quote
I honestly couldn't hate the guy more... fighting Eaves makes him the leagues biggest p**** of all time!
Go to Top of Page

bablaboushka
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
2417 Posts

Posted - 10/25/2006 :  10:14:27  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
It was a mismatch, but Eaves certainly didn't shy away from the fight. Maybe Eaves figured this was a way to earn some respect for himself. Perhaps not specifically against Tucker but just to prove that he too can drop the gloves if/when he needs to. The guy's only a sophomore, I don't think this is the last time he'll be dropping his gloves.

Listen, I'm not defending Tucker but sometimes you just gotta get your team going and Eaves had just finished dropping a big hit on him so he probably figured it was the right time. If I was as frustrated as Tucker in that situation, I couldn't guarantee I wouldn't have done the same thing.
Go to Top of Page

Novie
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
452 Posts

Posted - 10/25/2006 :  10:45:24  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by bablaboushka

It was a mismatch, but Eaves certainly didn't shy away from the fight. Maybe Eaves figured this was a way to earn some respect for himself. Perhaps not specifically against Tucker but just to prove that he too can drop the gloves if/when he needs to. The guy's only a sophomore, I don't think this is the last time he'll be dropping his gloves.

Listen, I'm not defending Tucker but sometimes you just gotta get your team going and Eaves had just finished dropping a big hit on him so he probably figured it was the right time. If I was as frustrated as Tucker in that situation, I couldn't guarantee I wouldn't have done the same thing.

Go Sens
Go to Top of Page

Novie
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
452 Posts

Posted - 10/25/2006 :  10:47:21  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
OK, guess I'll put myself in Eaves shoes:

The biggest greasebag in the league just grabbed me and I've never fought before. No time like the present to start. You win - you're everybody's hero (league wide)...You lose - you're 0-1 in your career, and Tucker looks like a fool for picking a fight with a guy just because he got laid out.

Go Sens
Go to Top of Page

goon
Rookie

Canada
113 Posts

Posted - 10/26/2006 :  09:27:30  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

OK, guess I'll put myself in Eaves shoes:

The biggest greasebag in the league just grabbed me and I've never fought before. No time like the present to start. You win - you're everybody's hero (league wide)...You lose - you're 0-1 in your career, and Tucker looks like a fool for picking a fight with a guy just because he got laid out.

Go Sens

Well said!
Go to Top of Page

Novie
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
452 Posts

Posted - 10/27/2006 :  06:42:37  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
So, last night's game had everything except the one thing we all wanted as Sens fans...Tuckers bloody head on the ice. I wasn't even picky about how it happened...puck to the face...bone-crushing bodycheck....Mcgratton's stick to the head "a la McSorely".

Nice to see Neil chirping him right off the opening face-off though

Go Sens

Edited by - Novie on 10/27/2006 06:43:07
Go to Top of Page

pucker
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
398 Posts

Posted - 10/27/2006 :  13:35:49  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

So, last night's game had everything except the one thing we all wanted as Sens fans...Tuckers bloody head on the ice. I wasn't even picky about how it happened...puck to the face...bone-crushing bodycheck....Mcgratton's stick to the head "a la McSorely".

Novie you have provided a real good Ottawa Senators fan point of view to this forum and I thank you for that. This however is the stupidist thing that I have ever heard. No one deserves what you are calling for here. Bone crushing bodycheck = good. A$$ kicking from Mcgratton or Neil = good. Stick to the head = bad.
Go to Top of Page

Novie
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
452 Posts

Posted - 10/28/2006 :  04:25:41  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
...soooooo, maybe I went a bit overboard...sorry bout that

Go Sens
Go to Top of Page

Guest4044
( )

Posted - 11/03/2006 :  22:24:52  Reply with Quote
quote:

...soooooo, maybe I went a bit overboard...sorry bout that

Go Sens

LOL! A+ for passion though!
Go to Top of Page

Myles06-07
Top Prospect

91 Posts

Posted - 11/06/2006 :  11:08:04  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Well I would say he is a decent player. He has had a nice start to this season but who knows if he will keep up. He does get the garbage goals but they do still count. He does bug the hell out of players but I guess thats what he likes. Me personally wouldn't like to be a Darcy style of a player but scoring goals and getting points is always fun. He is a pretty good player in my opinion though.
Go to Top of Page

warpig
Top Prospect

Canada
1 Posts

Posted - 11/13/2006 :  17:46:44  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I really don't care about Tucker,,, I'm a Blackhawk fan!
Go to Top of Page

Guest4044
( )

Posted - 11/13/2006 :  18:24:47  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by warpig

I really don't care about Tucker,,, I'm a Blackhawk fan!

Start a thread in the Blackhawks forum then. I'll join you cause I hate the hawks.

http://www.pickuphockey.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=805
Go to Top of Page

spearbelly
Top Prospect

Canada
98 Posts

Posted - 11/13/2006 :  18:38:48  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Being a sens fan, I may not have the most un-biased opinion, but I hate his TYPE of player altogether, he just personifies the TYPE.

I recently read an article in the Calgary Sun that interviewed his wife, and she said "My heart skips a beat every time Darcy goes down, I hope hes OK"

T

Being a hockey fan , theres a probability that I may or may not possibly have an un-biased non opinion ,...........occassionally.............mostly..........but I hate this TYPE of
fan who personifies the TYPE ....???????????????

Oh.............regarding Tuckers' wife's comments...................what they do in their bedroom...............stays in their bedroom !!! ('')
Go to Top of Page

spearbelly
Top Prospect

Canada
98 Posts

Posted - 11/13/2006 :  19:49:18  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

Nice to see Neil chirping him right off the opening face-off though

Go Sens

Seems like the Novie TYPE fans poutingly('')dislike the Tucker TYPES hitting their
SWEETHEARTS (without permission).....................Even non LEAF fans (Ripley,Oil guy,Leigh,Bablboushka and Goon) recognize Tuckers' merit as an intense ,gritty ,hard working contributor..................Pardons galore.......sorry.....silly me.....speaking about
"GRITTY" to a SENS fan
Go to Top of Page

Novie
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
452 Posts

Posted - 11/14/2006 :  04:00:07  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Nice to see this topic heating up again, and I will continue to stand by my opinion. Tucker's a greasebag that works hard, scores Ryan Smyth-esque goals (say what you want about that), and sells a call any time someone comes near him. The days of the hockey goon are long gone, so the guy adapted, so to speak, to save his job. Tie Domi couldn't do it...but I'm sure he gave Tucker some advice:

"Hey kid, just stick around the net and swipe in some rebounds. Once in a while shots will rocket past you, and if you put your arms up in the air the ref will sometimes think you tipped it and give you credit for it anyway!"

Like I said....very glad to discuss this again. Let's just keep it grown up

Go Sens
Go to Top of Page

Novie
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
452 Posts

Posted - 11/14/2006 :  04:03:21  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by spearbelly
Seems like the Novie TYPE fans poutingly('')dislike the Tucker TYPES hitting their
SWEETHEARTS (without permission).....................

All records aside, with 4 games to play:

Sens 3
Leafs 1

Go Sens
Go to Top of Page

Guest8977
( )

Posted - 11/18/2006 :  15:08:19  Reply with Quote
Tucker has no friends.
Go to Top of Page

spearbelly
Top Prospect

Canada
98 Posts

Posted - 11/20/2006 :  19:51:34  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

All records aside, with 4 games to play:

Sens 3
Leafs 1

Go Sens

Same records ass hide

Last 4 playoff match-ups

Leafs 4
Sens 0

Gone Sens Gone
Go to Top of Page

spearbelly
Top Prospect

Canada
98 Posts

Posted - 11/20/2006 :  22:14:52  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
[

Go Sens

Wouldn't Alfy love to set up shop as of late gettin those Tucker (Fast -fed , tough-angle ,net-side , one-timer) "garbage" goals.....

Edited by - spearbelly on 11/20/2006 22:22:44
Go to Top of Page

Ripley
PickupHockey Pro

USA
365 Posts

Posted - 11/21/2006 :  09:18:03  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Tucker got a pretty nice goal last night. I'd say that he's 60/40 on nice vs ugly this year.

Go to Top of Page

spearbelly
Top Prospect

Canada
98 Posts

Posted - 11/22/2006 :  15:35:50  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
You're close Ripley.Its 72/28.
Go to Top of Page

Ripley
PickupHockey Pro

USA
365 Posts

Posted - 11/22/2006 :  16:59:12  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
LOL!!! Thanks spearbelly.

Seriouly though he has scored some pretty goals, even without sundin. I am reserving full judgement on the guy but I would say he has won me over a bit this year. I've always appreciated his grit and take-no-prisoners attitude but to see him adapt to the new game is pretty impressive.

Go to Top of Page

Guest4648
( )

Posted - 12/01/2006 :  08:33:08  Reply with Quote
I hate Darcy Tucker

I do give credit where credit is due. He isnt a very skilled hockey player, has no finesse or style, but still manages to get points.

What I want to talk about is the feeling I get when I see his face or hear his voice. At all costs I do not look at the tv when I see him and will change the radio station if I hear him. I have never felt this way towards anyone before and likely not again.. but right now its a reality.

I know Darcy is very tough physically but he doesnt scare me. If a sanctioned bout could be created between he and I, I would pound his skull in until he lost consciousness, then piss on his face.

Darcy Tucker is a punk, I hate him, I hate him, I hate him,

there is no place for a guy like that on the leafs team. 10 years from now when looking back without yet still, a stanley cup win, maybe others will realize that what I am saying makes sense. theres no need for a darcy tucker type on the leafs bench.

thank you
Go to Top of Page

George Zoran
Top Prospect

Canada
55 Posts

Posted - 12/01/2006 :  11:35:13  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Guest4648

I hate Darcy Tucker

I do give credit where credit is due. He isnt a very skilled hockey player, has no finesse or style, but still manages to get points.

What I want to talk about is the feeling I get when I see his face or hear his voice. At all costs I do not look at the tv when I see him and will change the radio station if I hear him. I have never felt this way towards anyone before and likely not again.. but right now its a reality.

I know Darcy is very tough physically but he doesnt scare me. If a sanctioned bout could be created between he and I, I would pound his skull in until he lost consciousness, then piss on his face.

Darcy Tucker is a punk, I hate him, I hate him, I hate him,

there is no place for a guy like that on the leafs team. 10 years from now when looking back without yet still, a stanley cup win, maybe others will realize that what I am saying makes sense. theres no need for a darcy tucker type on the leafs bench.

thank you

Piss on his face! Although you made me laugh pretty hard with that - don't you think you should see someone help manage that rage.

[img]http://mypickspal.com/images/cache/darcy%20tucker_144x208.jpg[/img]

I hope that didn't push you over the edge.

Edited by - George Zoran on 12/01/2006 11:36:02
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page