Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Search
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Hockey Forums
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... Trash Talk
 Do You Hate Darcy Tucker? Allow Anonymous Users Reply to This Topic...
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 3

Guest4028
( )

Posted - 03/24/2007 :  17:18:42  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Kashmire

That's rediculous! Sundin is a much better player than Tucker. Sundin is such a life saver in games. He will set up line mates and win a game. Trade Steen, Stajan, McCabe, Kilger, Peca, Tucker or some other player for a mix of stray players. Form some chemistry and get someone to play with Wellwood. Ofcoarse, I'm dreaming. This will never happen with JFJ.

Lets use tonight as an example...a must win game...where is Sundin? Tucker already has 2 goals to show for
Go to Top of Page

semin-rules
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
1915 Posts

Posted - 03/25/2007 :  06:53:57  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I don't hate Tucker, I think he is a good player, but sometimes he is just stupid...

~~~~~GO STARS~~~~~
Go to Top of Page

PainTrain
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
1393 Posts

Posted - 03/25/2007 :  18:01:12  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Tucker is good at sneeking back door on the powerplay i just think hes a pretty good player but hes pretty dirty.
Go to Top of Page

jbraiter
PickupHockey Pro

577 Posts

Posted - 03/25/2007 :  18:19:13  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
i dont really hate tucker i just hate the leafs
Go to Top of Page

manninm
PickupHockey Pro

USA
347 Posts

Posted - 03/27/2007 :  05:46:02  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Tucker's a dirty player by virtue of his aggressive style of play. If you play at the intensity he does every game, like he does, you're bound to have some hits that aren't clean. I think this is how I differentiate a guy like Tucker, who's very easy to hate because of said style, with a guy like Chris Neil, who plays at a high intensity, but goes out there to hurt people.
Go to Top of Page

Guest8274
( )

Posted - 03/27/2007 :  07:35:24  Reply with Quote
ok, it seems to me that all the sens fans hate Tucker....with not really any great reason other than that he got into a fight with Eaves.....big deal, they were both playing in a highly competitive game where emotions run high, dont get me wrong i hate the leafs, but the only player i think that is half decent on that team is Tucker, the guy has heart and he gets his points because he plays with heart, he might not be the most skilled out there, but when a guy plays with that kind of intensity, you cant help but admire him, and i feel bad for the guy playing for the Leafs, and by the way there is no way that Tucker should "kiss the ice Matt skates on" Mats Sundin is a lazy bum, waste if god given talent
Go to Top of Page

Guest4634
( )

Posted - 04/07/2007 :  23:53:59  Reply with Quote
I hate Darcy Tucker LOL

I love it!

i've read the comments, obviously fans from divided sides

but when i think of hockey, the game i know, the game i love
and i think about the team i love, the leafs ( they beat habs tonight !! were just waiting on NY Islanders to lose to Devils) hopefully Brodeur plays

but seriously,

Tucker

undeniably, high point holder on the team
did i like him, i did and thats past tense

I have placed some thought into it like from what was said on this blog

Tucker is low-class style player

not high class like sundin

they should trade him, his antics on ice dont leave happy thoughts with me looking back over my teams past 5 years

get rid of tucker, antropov, kilger, mccabe (while you can get something), raycroft, belak, gill

build a new team, contend for a cup

Cheers!
Go to Top of Page

Guest4942
( )

Posted - 04/08/2007 :  00:21:05  Reply with Quote
I'm guessing people hate Tucker for the same reason I do... because he plays for the leafs.

[img]http://images6.theimagehosting.com/4gg1541.jpg[/img]

GO CANUCKS
Go to Top of Page

Canucks Man
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
1547 Posts

Posted - 04/08/2007 :  00:31:01  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Guest4942

I'm guessing people hate Tucker for the same reason I do... because he plays for the leafs.

[img]http://images6.theimagehosting.com/4gg1541.jpg[/img]

GO CANUCKS

I hated Tucker before he played for the leafs

CANUCKS RULE!!!
Get The Towels Out Guys PLAYOFFS!!!
Go to Top of Page

Guest4634
( )

Posted - 06/09/2007 :  04:25:22  Reply with Quote
CLEAN UP THIS TEAM

GET RID OF SCUM BAG DARCY TUCKER

Man I am a serious leafs fan, but when they maintain this type of person like tucker, brings a question to my mind, why am I still a leafs fan? WHY?

Keeping a guy like him on the team, reallyt shows you how trashy the management is. Tucker isnt the kind of guy you invite over for christmas diner. Tucker is a little punk who surprisingly hasnt been taken care of for good on the ice.

He is a kniving, foul mouthed, low class, no respect, cheap, dumb as a rock and may keep me from watching the leafs next year if hes still on the team.

Get rid of TUcker!

He is a nasty person. We do not want our kids to learn from him thats for sure. The guy is a waste of skin.

THanks
Go to Top of Page

Guest9097
( )

Posted - 03/09/2008 :  17:51:37  Reply with Quote
Did you notice Darcy toned it down this year? you know why? could it be that words on this site affect him. Yes you got that right, I heard it first hand. This site or one exactly like it, but I found this one.

People, Darcy is completely different off the ice. AND, if you could make the money he makes, you would figure your niche at what you do to.

Go to Top of Page

Guest6645
( )

Posted - 03/09/2008 :  21:05:31  Reply with Quote
quote:
[i]Originally posted by Ripley[/i]
[br]Why does everyone hate Darcy Tucker of the Toronto Maple Leafs? He busts his butt every night and plays with more intensity than almost any other player in the league. I get that he aggravates other teams and fans, but he's not that 'dirty'. Why the hate-on for this guy?

BTW great article on him:
http://www.pickuphockey.com/hockeynews.aspx?article=h101331A

Not dirty? What Darcy Tucker have you been watching? He has toned it down a bit this season but that was probably because he often had other players taking runs at him to get back at him for his dirty play. Self-preservation.
Go to Top of Page

Guest6645
( )

Posted - 03/09/2008 :  21:17:01  Reply with Quote
quote:
[i]Originally posted by Guest9097[/i]
[br]Did you notice Darcy toned it down this year? you know why? could it be that words on this site affect him. Yes you got that right, I heard it first hand. This site or one exactly like it, but I found this one.

People, Darcy is completely different off the ice. AND, if you could make the money he makes, you would figure your niche at what you do to.

Oh wow, apparently I am not the only one who nocticed Tucker has toned it down this year...
Go to Top of Page

Guest6727
( )

Posted - 03/10/2008 :  13:09:29  Reply with Quote
Darcy kicks ass, he does whatever he can to help his team win. what more can you ask of a player? heres a guy who isnt a 30 goal scorer, or a heavyweight when it comes to fighting but has managed to find a balance and make himself a valuable asset to any club. While injuries have definatley slowed him down the past season you have to give the guy credit for giving it his all to make a career in the nhl. Don't forget guys like Mark Messier and Dino Ciccerelli were a******s on the ice and pretty dirty players themselves but they didn't care what outsiders thought of them. They did whatever it took to win.
Go to Top of Page

tbar
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
376 Posts

Posted - 03/10/2008 :  14:52:35  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by nazzy_19

Being a west-coaster, I automatically despise any team east of the rockies... but when it comes to individual players, there are a few that have a certain level of respect in my books...

Darcy Tucker is not one of them.

Although he does bust it out there every night, he's still a whiny little b!tch, and honestly needs to learn how to skate. He's a train wreck! Sort of reminds me of what Tie Domi would've been if he hadn't been dropped on his head multiple times as a baby, trimmed his eyebrows and skated a little bit better.

Domi was the fastest skater in the leafs line-up acording to their anual skills comp held by the Leafs.
Go to Top of Page

ThorntonisTHEMAN
PickupHockey Pro

499 Posts

Posted - 03/11/2008 :  13:49:42  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
haha wow! you would fit right in with Leafs management! I can completely see them letting Sundin walk and trying to resign Tucker and keep him for the face of the franchise for the next few years. Tucker is better than SUndin???? Are you out of your mind? Lets compare stats:
Tucker
Career: 194 goals, 234 assists, 428 points, +/- -67, and 36 gamewinners in 801 games
Best season: (2005-2006) 28 goals, 33 assists, 61 points, +/- -12, 4 gamewinners (*note: he was on Sundin's line)
Playoff Stats: 10 goals, 11 assists, 21 points, +/- -5, and 3 gamewinners in 62 games
SUndin
Career: 554 goals, 764 assists, 1318 points, +/- 75, and 94 gamewinners in 1301 games
Best Season: (1996-1997) 41 goals, 53 assists, 94 points, +/- 6, 7 gamewinners
Playoff Stats: 35 goals, 39 assists, 74 points, +/-3, and 7 gamewinners in 83 games

Can you honestly say with a straight face that Tucker is a better player than Sundin? Sure, Sundin might not be dishing out the dirty hits and throwing the elbows to make himself look "passionate" about the game, but he does other stuff to help the team. Like scoring goals. And setting up teammates to score goals. And actually lead the team instead of sitting in the penalty box.

quote:
Originally posted by Guest4028

I am a Vancouver fan, definitely not a Leafs fan...but let me just get to my point. Toronto was 5th in the conference about a third of the way in to the season. This was when he was the leader on the team because Sundin had been out with injury. Tucker was playing on the first line and he was making things happen, posting over a point per game and proving he is an important asset to the team, especially on the PP. Mats Sundin comes back from injury, and look what happened. He took back over his role as the number 1 man in TO, and we saw where they ended up. 8 games later, after failing to win even 1 hockey game, they had fallen out of the playoffs. Amidst this span, Tucker was injured and since, TO has not been able to get themselves back into the playoffs. Tucker has been back for about 10 games now, and since then, TO has leaped back in a winning direction and now at least has a shot at making it in. I say keep Tucker, lose Sundin.

Go Canucks

"I'm not dumb enough to be a goalie."
Brett Hull.
Go to Top of Page

Guest9906
( )

Posted - 03/05/2011 :  06:54:54  Reply with Quote
Wow nice to hear Tucker is retired. If I meet him in person I'd spit in his face
Go to Top of Page

ToXXiK1
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
696 Posts

Posted - 03/05/2011 :  07:33:56  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
If you met him in person, he'd kick your ass.
Go to Top of Page

Guest6135
( )

Posted - 03/05/2011 :  13:51:35  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by ToXXiK1

If you met him in person, he'd kick your ass.

No he wouldnt, buddy, Tucker's one the league's all time biggest [Mod Edit - unsavory language], plus, he's too old to fight anymore... I'm glad he's out of the league now...

Edited by - Beans15 on 03/05/2011 14:23:30
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page