Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Search
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Hockey Forums
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... Hockey Pools & Fantasy Hockey
 Bench Players Allow Anonymous Users Reply to This Topic...
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Guest7478
( )

Posted - 09/15/2009 :  11:51:13  Reply with Quote
I'm wanting to setup a pool with bench players showing - these players are available to switch with active players but don't receive points for the time that they are on the bench. Does anyone know if Pickup Hockey supports a setup like this? Or would I have to just leave the bench players out of the system completely until they are activated?

Thanks.

Guest4193
( )

Posted - 09/15/2009 :  20:01:23  Reply with Quote
I'm in kind of the same boat, use injury reserve players that can only be replaced if a guy is listed as hurt on the system. Once a player is switched, they are out for good, and new guy is in. Points from first guy stay, then points of switched player continue on from the date of switch. And changes ONLY made by admin. Is this possible?
Go to Top of Page

redneck76ca
Rookie

186 Posts

Posted - 09/15/2009 :  20:26:52  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Guest4193

I'm in kind of the same boat, use injury reserve players that can only be replaced if a guy is listed as hurt on the system. Once a player is switched, they are out for good, and new guy is in. Points from first guy stay, then points of switched player continue on from the date of switch. And changes ONLY made by admin. Is this possible?

Yahoo pools is perfect for this. Drag and drop capability for quick roster changes, and the ability to change on a daily basis. I dont thinki that this site has that capability.
Go to Top of Page

Guest4193
( )

Posted - 09/21/2009 :  13:28:59  Reply with Quote
So, this is impossible then?
Go to Top of Page

admin
Forum Admin

Canada
2338 Posts

Posted - 09/21/2009 :  16:37:00  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi guys,

Unfortunately a bench/reserve system is not available in this software yet. It's on our list of upgrades (for some time now actually) but will not be available this season. You can use the trades system to trade players in and out but it must be done by the administrator of your pool, so if you are moving your bench around daily it's do-able but not incredibly practical. Most definitely it's one of the next big items on our list.
Go to Top of Page

Guest3136
( )

Posted - 09/21/2009 :  23:32:00  Reply with Quote
Thanks for your help! The thought I had is to create an extra "dummy" team of all the reserve players, and use it strictly to trade with the "active teams". Since we only allow one trade per reserve, this should be pretty easy to administer.
Go to Top of Page

Guest5963
( )

Posted - 10/06/2009 :  11:16:35  Reply with Quote
On a similar note, what happens when a player switches roles mid-season? e.g. changing someone from a forward to an enforcer on, say, December 1st.

Will it be similar to a replacement trade -- their points are recalculated as an enforcer for the entire season? Or a split trade, where from Oct 1 - Dec 1st their points are calculated as a forward, and from Dec 2nd onward their points are calculated as an enforcer?

Currently my pool has six players marked as enforcers, with enforcers receiving no points for anything (you can also make a custom role to do this if you already use enforcers). However, since there's no dates involved like there is for trades, I have a feeling that changing a player's role (Forward/Defence/Goalie/Enforcer) is like a replacement trade.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page