Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Search
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Hockey Forums
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... Trades and Rumors
 Trade Rumour Forsberg! Allow Anonymous Users Reply to This Topic...
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

tmlfan46
Top Prospect

Canada
19 Posts

Posted - 11/20/2006 :  19:30:28  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Forsberg is being the talk around the league. As the flyers doing as bad as last place, are getting calls from citys such as Vancouver and Denver about Forsberg. Vancouver talked about trading morrison and kesler for forsberg. As good as Forsberg is he is highly injury prone which makes him worth that much less.

Guest0918
( )

Posted - 11/20/2006 :  22:13:39  Reply with Quote
KESLER CAN'T BE TRADED
Go to Top of Page

Novie
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
452 Posts

Posted - 11/21/2006 :  03:51:55  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Guest0918

KESLER CAN'T BE TRADED

....and why not? I doubt he has a no-trade clause....anybody can be traded....

...can't they?

Go Sens
Go to Top of Page

Guest4055
( )

Posted - 11/21/2006 :  08:04:58  Reply with Quote
He can't be traded because he had an offer sheet matched. Vancouver cannot trade him within a year of when Philly offered that ridiculous offer sheet to him. Vancouver's pretty much stuck with him.
Go to Top of Page

pucker
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
398 Posts

Posted - 11/21/2006 :  08:12:37  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
You are right, Kesler can not be traded due to the offer sheet the Canucks matched. I think it is crazy. The Canucks got screwed both ways because not only can he not be traded, but if they want to qualify him next season they will have to do so based on his ridiculous $1.9 million.

It will be tough to fit Forsbergs salry into most teams budgets, so I think we will see him in Philly until the trade deadline. I think he will only cost about $1.25 million at that point and could be the ultimate rent a player for a team ready to go on a run. That said - he ain't coming to Vancouver.
Go to Top of Page

leigh

Canada
1755 Posts

Posted - 11/21/2006 :  09:11:19  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I wouldn't be surprised to see him as a gun for hire at the trade deadline either pucker. especially if Philly doesn't turn it around by mid-jan.
Go to Top of Page

Beans15

Canada
8286 Posts

Posted - 11/28/2006 :  15:31:12  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
He will for sure be a rental player. I am thinking he would look good in Copper and Blue with Hemsky on his left and Sykora on his right. Anyone else agree??
Go to Top of Page

semin-rules
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
1915 Posts

Posted - 12/08/2006 :  16:45:31  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
i think forseburg is gonna be traded but not to the canucks my guess is that hes gonna be traded to mabey toronto i no it sounds bad but i think philly needs some young guys that toronto doesnt want

anyone agree??
Go to Top of Page

Guest5333
( )

Posted - 12/08/2006 :  16:52:58  Reply with Quote
I doubt Toronto will want him. We have gotten rid of our oldies and become a faster, younger team. Taking on Forsberg won't be worth it to Toronto I think they can do better.
Go to Top of Page

Beans15

Canada
8286 Posts

Posted - 12/11/2006 :  09:07:56  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Well Toronto makes sense. That's where most used up hacks end up. If you want no chance of ever winning a cup, hope to get traded to Toronto! Poor Mats, he's the only (and I mean absolute only) thing in Toronto that is worth anything. We should start a trade Mats Petition to get him traded to a contender. He deserves a Cup but won't get it in T-Dot!
Go to Top of Page

Guest6586
( )

Posted - 12/11/2006 :  15:27:59  Reply with Quote
I would love to see him in oiler silks.
maybe package up horcoff and pisanni and throw in bergeron to carry there sticks and send in Forsberg even as a injury prone player he is a difference maker when he is healthy.
Go to Top of Page

1 Crosby fan
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
1454 Posts

Posted - 12/11/2006 :  16:40:52  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
that sounds like a ok trade
Go to Top of Page

oil guy
Rookie

Canada
122 Posts

Posted - 12/12/2006 :  06:45:18  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Guest6586

I would love to see him in oiler silks.
maybe package up horcoff and pisanni and throw in bergeron to carry there sticks and send in Forsberg even as a injury prone player he is a difference maker when he is healthy.

There i am being what i hate, an anonymous poster.
But now you know where it came from.
Go to Top of Page

Beans15

Canada
8286 Posts

Posted - 12/15/2006 :  07:54:07  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I think HOrcoff/Pisani/Bergeron is too much for a "rental player" who will retire at the end of the year. But I would gladly give up Bergeron!!!
Go to Top of Page

Guest5146
( )

Posted - 12/26/2006 :  08:57:59  Reply with Quote
Forsberg would be a good fit in toronto playing along side mats sundin. However, he is too fragile and is always injuried so i dont thnk they would go after a guy like this. An as of now, Toronto is not in the market for a rental player, they need to get into playoff position before they go after rental players.
Go to Top of Page

Blubberboy
Rookie

155 Posts

Posted - 12/27/2006 :  16:11:49  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
YES!!
The Canucks need a nother player that is good.
Kesler has about 5 good games in a year.
So??
Morrison isn't that great.
Canucks need it.

Go Vancuover
Go to Top of Page

pucker
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
398 Posts

Posted - 01/02/2007 :  15:18:40  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I read something today that said Forsberg is very uncomfortable as captain and wants a trade. He is not happy in the environment of a bunch of young guys trying to take charge. I bet he is dealt to a contender before the deadline.
Go to Top of Page

semin-rules
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
1915 Posts

Posted - 01/05/2007 :  09:39:50  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Forsberg, he is on the verge of retirement. If this isnt his last season then next years will. Colorado will not take forsberg back. why do you think they traded him in the first place?

If anything he will go to Chicago, for mabye Bondra and someone else that is young

~~~~~GO STARS~~~~~
Go to Top of Page

Kashmire
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
506 Posts

Posted - 01/05/2007 :  10:38:42  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I don't think Chicago will trade Bondra for Forseberg. Bondra has great chemistry with the team. Forsberg is injury prone, getting old (though so is Bondra), Chicago is full of young players like Philly. Also, I really doubt that Forsberg wants to sign with Chicago.
Go to Top of Page

Guest9735
( )

Posted - 01/11/2007 :  13:42:17  Reply with Quote
actaully your right... me and pete were on the phone last night and he said he never wants to play for chicago... but serioiusly... why not!? chicago has a good building franchise, and the core of that team in a few years will be one to reckon with... so why not add forsberg to that? im not saying he will go... but i mean, over philly?! i should hope so
Go to Top of Page

Mikhailova
PickupHockey All-Star

USA
2918 Posts

Posted - 01/11/2007 :  14:00:48  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Kashmire

I don't think Chicago will trade Bondra for Forseberg.

I don't think anyone would trade Bondra for Forsberg. Bondra's a great player who has reached the 500 goal platform. Forsberg isn't doing well and is prone to injury. Giving up Bondra for Forsberg would be shooting yourself in the foot.
Go to Top of Page

Beans15

Canada
8286 Posts

Posted - 01/11/2007 :  14:08:19  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I would say that most of us a thinking that there are a number of senarios with Forsberg at the end of the year. Maybe retire, maybe go back and play in Sweden, maybe sign a one year deal with another NHL team. However, we all agree that he will not stay in Philly to the end of the year. He will be a rental player for a "bubble team" fighting for a playoff spot. I would think outside of the East. Look for a trade at the deadline for a draft pick(s) with Forsberg going to a team in the Northwest, or maybe Phoenix or Chicago.

Agree??
Go to Top of Page

semin-rules
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
1915 Posts

Posted - 01/11/2007 :  15:39:06  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
i agree with chicago not coyotes

~~~~~GO STARS~~~~~
Go to Top of Page

Guest7022
( )

Posted - 01/12/2007 :  08:03:52  Reply with Quote
Montreal is in dire need of another centre, and I think as we get closer to the playoffs, Forsberg could wind up there. Montreal would send over some draft picks. I'm not a big Forsberg fan, but if he can stay healthy, he could be the missing piece of the puzzle for Cup # 25 in Montreal
Go to Top of Page

Guest9120
( )

Posted - 01/12/2007 :  08:21:14  Reply with Quote
I have been talking about that from the start of the year, however with Forsbergs recent injury issues I am not sure if I am comfortable seeing him in MTL unless it is for absolutly nothing. He could be a great additon or a waste of money and a pick. I would say that Gainey won't give up more than a 2nd round pick and MAYBE a farm Defenseman, Cote or Biron, even Danis might be in the mix with the play of Halak and Price coming next year. Ya that's it Danis, Biron and a 3rd round pick. Sounds fair to me.
Go to Top of Page

Guest7022
( )

Posted - 01/12/2007 :  10:17:55  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Guest9120

I have been talking about that from the start of the year, however with Forsbergs recent injury issues I am not sure if I am comfortable seeing him in MTL unless it is for absolutly nothing. He could be a great additon or a waste of money and a pick. I would say that Gainey won't give up more than a 2nd round pick and MAYBE a farm Defenseman, Cote or Biron, even Danis might be in the mix with the play of Halak and Price coming next year. Ya that's it Danis, Biron and a 3rd round pick. Sounds fair to me.

Go to Top of Page

Guest7022
( )

Posted - 01/12/2007 :  10:26:23  Reply with Quote
Danis, Biron and a 3rd round pick would be worthwhile, and the Flyers might agree to that, unless someone else gets agressive, and is willing to sell the farm to get Forsberg, which I doubt.
I could also see him going to the Rangers. They seem to like picking up stars at the ends of their careers(Gretzky,Messier,Jagr, Shanahan). Or maybe Dallas. Of the teams that may be interested, I think his best shot at a cup is in Montreal .
Go to Top of Page

Jack Kayden 66
Top Prospect

Canada
61 Posts

Posted - 01/12/2007 :  10:57:21  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Read this morning that Montreal is one of the teams expected to be in the Forsberg hunt. For the longest time his availability has been downplayed but he is ow apparantley on the block - as he should be. The Flyers are at stage 1 of a 5 step rebuilding cycle. First step is to clear salary and accumulate picks/prospects. They may very well land the first pick at the draft which is supposed to field a decent crop of players. Add a few more picks or prospects and they could be in a decent position in a few years.

I dont think the Canucks would do it, but they have a pretty sweet goaltending prospect in Corey Schneider. The Flyers have always needed a goalie. The habs have Carey Price, but again it is unlikely they would make that trade. Especially for an injured Forsberg.

I dont think Philly will get as much as they would like for him, but it is better than nothing at all if he leaves via free agency.
Go to Top of Page

Donald Beckett
Top Prospect

Canada
88 Posts

Posted - 01/12/2007 :  11:07:57  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
What about Chris Mason? Nashville seems to have one more elite goalie than needed to win a cup (although he is the ultimate insurance policy as is Biron for Buffalo)

But if Nashville got Forsberg?

"I'm not fat - I just have a sweet hockey body" ...Eric Cartman.
Go to Top of Page

portman21
Top Prospect

Canada
32 Posts

Posted - 02/10/2007 :  22:12:56  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
that trade does make some sence.. philly does need to rebuild their franchise and starting with a good tender like mason seems like a good way to do it.. build a team from the back forward and hopefully start pulling out some wins for what used to be an elite standley cup contender

Take care comb your hair
Go to Top of Page

saku11
Top Prospect

Canada
82 Posts

Posted - 02/11/2007 :  06:15:37  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
i dont think nashville needs a forsberg. they are doing pretty good these days.

HABS ALL THE WAY
Go to Top of Page

semin-rules
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
1915 Posts

Posted - 02/11/2007 :  07:50:30  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by saku11

i dont think nashville needs a forsberg. they are doing pretty good these days.

HABS ALL THE WAY

I agree with Saku...

~~~~~GO STARS~~~~~
Go to Top of Page

saku11
Top Prospect

Canada
82 Posts

Posted - 02/11/2007 :  08:30:50  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
the habs need him the most to win the cup, but if he has the choice between habs and preds, i think h would chose the preds because he wants to win the cup and right now the preds are a good team and have anough potential to win a cup.

HABS ALL THE WAY
Go to Top of Page

portman21
Top Prospect

Canada
32 Posts

Posted - 02/12/2007 :  13:10:49  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
its true nashville doesn't need him, but it couldn't hurt to have a guy like him for a playoff run.... if he stays healthy

Take care comb your hair
Go to Top of Page

goon
Rookie

Canada
113 Posts

Posted - 02/12/2007 :  14:31:11  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Everday I read something about Forsberg it seems that there is always a new team as the front-runner to land him. What is interesting today is that I read Philly is asking two first round picks and a young prospect playing in the NHL.

To me, this is WAY too much. He is a UFA in the summer plus the fact his health is a huge question mark. It will be interesting to see what happens...
Go to Top of Page

admin
Forum Admin

Canada
2338 Posts

Posted - 02/12/2007 :  16:17:40  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by goon

Everday I read something about Forsberg it seems that there is always a new team as the front-runner to land him. What is interesting today is that I read Philly is asking two first round picks and a young prospect playing in the NHL.

To me, this is WAY too much. He is a UFA in the summer plus the fact his health is a huge question mark. It will be interesting to see what happens...

I read that as well. I agree that it is a lot but apparantley Detroit and Nashville are about the only two teams left with a) enough cap room and b) the ability to move a young prospect and some picks.

The Canucks are supposed to be on Foppa's wish list but they have cap issues and are probably not too interested in moving Bieksa, Bourdon or Schneider. Same for the Ducks as they dont really need a rental player that badly.

Go to Top of Page

Ryan Harper
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
322 Posts

Posted - 02/14/2007 :  10:26:34  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I am hearing that Forsberg has narrowed it down to 4 teams:

Anaheim
Nashville
Detroit
Vancouver

We know the asking price is rumored to be a couple of high picks and a prospect. Here is what might be on the table:

Anaheim - Bobby Ryan and 2 first round picks. I think it is too much and Anaheim is probably offering up Bryzgalov and a 1st round pick. That deal seems more doable.

Nashville - Radulov and 2 first round picks. Mason is also a possibility. Nashville has the young talent to make this deal happen.

Detroit - Hudler and 2 first round picks or Williams and 1 first rounder. I cant see Forsberg going to the arch rival of the Avalanche.

Vancouver - Bourdon/Schenider and 2 first round picks. Way too much as far as this Canuck fan is concerned. If I were in Nonis' position, I would make the deal if Morrision was going the other way. Maybe Morrision, and a first round pick.

I think he will go to the Ducks. What do you guys think?

"Some people skate to the puck. I skate to where the puck is going to be."
~Wayne Gretzky
Go to Top of Page

tctitans
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
931 Posts

Posted - 02/14/2007 :  11:12:54  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
As a true die-hard Canuck fan.. All I can say is that Nonis would
have to be braindead to give up one 1st round pick for ANY
rent-a-player.

A 1st round pick aint chopped liver people!
Go to Top of Page

Guest2897
( )

Posted - 02/14/2007 :  11:38:45  Reply with Quote
I think one thing you Canucks fan have to consider is that with the new rules in the NHL, it is nearly impossible to build a team on young prospects now. Unfortunately the new rules only allow a player 7 years on a team b4 a move is almost guaranteed. This season, the Canucks have a team that is surprisingly winning a large number of games. Why is that? 1 reason...Roberto Luongo. This guy has stood on his head all season. The canucks have an outstanding line in Henrik and Daniel Sedin, and whoever they feel like sticking on Henrik's other wing. They are sitting on a decent 2nd line with Naslund and Morrison, but the 2 of them just can't seem to find the connection they once had. If the Canucks were to bundle morrison and a 1st rounder, or maybe morrison, a prospect, and a 2nd or 3rd rounder, picking up a player like Forsberg would be completely beneficial. I don't know if you saw the numbers Forsberg and Naslund put up in their Swedish league together during the lockout, but there is a reason that in the season after the lockout, Forsberg said he would sign with no team unless it was with Markus Naslund. To rent him for the rest of the season would give the Canucks 2 explosive lines, an outstanding 2 lines on the defensive side of things, and a backing in net that is easily enough to take a team the distance. Just a reminder that in the playoffs, 2 great lines, 1 great defensive pairing, and a goaltender is what wins a team a cup. To have all that including an additional outstanding de-line would be pretty unstoppable. I say good on them if they go after Forsberg. Lets just pray he stays healthy. The new NHL is about taking risks, so I personally hope they have the decency to take this one.
Go to Top of Page

Guest8346
( )

Posted - 02/14/2007 :  11:56:52  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by tctitans

As a true die-hard Canuck fan.. All I can say is that Nonis would
have to be braindead to give up one 1st round pick for ANY
rent-a-player.

A 1st round pick aint chopped liver people!

You should ask Hurricanes fans if they mind that the team gave up their 2006 1st rounder for Doug Weight...
Go to Top of Page

Ryan Harper
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
322 Posts

Posted - 02/14/2007 :  12:01:11  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Guest2897

I think one thing you Canucks fan have to consider is that with the new rules in the NHL, it is nearly impossible to build a team on young prospects now. Unfortunately the new rules only allow a player 7 years on a team b4 a move is almost guaranteed. This season, the Canucks have a team that is surprisingly winning a large number of games. Why is that? 1 reason...Roberto Luongo. This guy has stood on his head all season. The canucks have an outstanding line in Henrik and Daniel Sedin, and whoever they feel like sticking on Henrik's other wing. They are sitting on a decent 2nd line with Naslund and Morrison, but the 2 of them just can't seem to find the connection they once had. If the Canucks were to bundle morrison and a 1st rounder, or maybe morrison, a prospect, and a 2nd or 3rd rounder, picking up a player like Forsberg would be completely beneficial. I don't know if you saw the numbers Forsberg and Naslund put up in their Swedish league together during the lockout, but there is a reason that in the season after the lockout, Forsberg said he would sign with no team unless it was with Markus Naslund. To rent him for the rest of the season would give the Canucks 2 explosive lines, an outstanding 2 lines on the defensive side of things, and a backing in net that is easily enough to take a team the distance. Just a reminder that in the playoffs, 2 great lines, 1 great defensive pairing, and a goaltender is what wins a team a cup. To have all that including an additional outstanding de-line would be pretty unstoppable. I say good on them if they go after Forsberg. Lets just pray he stays healthy. The new NHL is about taking risks, so I personally hope they have the decency to take this one.

Nearly impossible to build a team on young prospects? Cmon man look at Nashville. They are a team built through the draft. I see what you mean about the 7 year thing but given the parody in this league and the ability for all teams to compete equally for Free Agents, it is imperative that a team drafts well and builds from within. Anaheim is another example. Look at its young talent.

I agree that Morrison and a first rounder would be a good move if they could get the Flyers to go for it. But that is unfortunately not enough to land a guy like Forsberg. Moving Morrison makes sense because he has another year left at 3.2 million and who wants to acquire a mediocre, minus, 2nd line center carrying that kind of salary?

Unfortunately it will take somthing like Scheider/Bourdon and two early picks. The Canucks have three 2nd rounders and one 1st rounder. But what happens if the Canucks bow out in the first round with Forsberg? Then they are out a blue chip goalie/D man and 2 prospects.

I think that they need to do somthing to bolster the lineup, especially with Luongo leading the charge. Forsberg is a double risk: injury and losing him as a UFA. I would go for a guy like Tkachuk/Guerin. If you can get one of them for a second round pick that would be great for a rental player. I think they will command at least a 1st rounder.

"Some people skate to the puck. I skate to where the puck is going to be."
~Wayne Gretzky
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page