Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Search
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Hockey Forums
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... User Polls
 Scoring race Allow Anonymous Users Reply to This Topic...
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Mikey Boy
Rookie

Canada
103 Posts

Posted - 11/08/2009 :  08:59:59  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Poll Question:
In your opinion who will win the scoring race? ( disregard the last poll, i pushed enter by accident)

MP

Choices:

Ovechkin
Crosby
Thornton
Malkin
Kopitar
Nash
Parise
Backstrom
Gaborik
Marleau
Other?

Edited by - willus3 on 11/08/2009 09:52:36

irvine
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
1315 Posts

Posted - 11/08/2009 :  11:49:53  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
It came down to five players for...

Ovechkin
Thornton
Crosby
Malkin
Kopitar.

^(No particular order.)

Anze Kopitar is off to an excellent start, and we all know he's a good player who very well could win the title, but there are a few players better. I do believe he'll have a solid season, continuing the early success but I do see his numbers dropping off slightly as the season goes on.

Sidney Crosby, not much I need to say about him. He could win it any given year. But he's not exactly off to a "leading start." Not a slump by any means for most NHL players, but I don't see him putting the numbers to win it. He'll be near the top, just not AT the top.

Evgeni Malkin, with his early injury may affect his totals by years end. Depending how long this kid is out. If he comes back soon, with avengence he very well could make it to the top of the league.

Joe Thornton, the assist master. This guy is capable of making almost any player a goal scorer, with his great passing. Now he has Setoguchi, a young goal scorer with Dany Heatley, a two time 50 goal scorer who is capable of more 50+ goal seasons. So Thornton assists totals are bound to sky rocket. Not to mention he should finish with more goals than usual, as he has some talented support.

Alex Ovechkin, currently suffering a small injury. This guy is a goal scoring machine. He's capable of scoring his way to the top, but if we continue to see Semin & Backstrom continue to dominate their play, Ovechkin should be a shoe-in to win the title this year for Points by adding more assists than usual, to go with his 50+ goals.

(PS, this topic is about Points? Not goals, correct?) By saying Scoring, I was a little confused.)

Irvine
Go to Top of Page

sharksfan44
Rookie

Canada
228 Posts

Posted - 11/08/2009 :  12:39:45  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
down to three for me.
thornton
kopitar
ovie

As the season goes on, i think thornton and heatley are going to build more and more chemistry and both of them are going to put up some serious numbers.

Kopitar has been just a beast. is it just me or every time LA scores kopitar is usually involved in the play and he usually gets a point. with ovechkin out for a bit he can put some distance between himself and ovie and that can make a big difference later in the year,

Ovechkin, well there isnt much else to say other than he does it all. most importantly he plays every shift like its his last and hes consistent. with a young playmaker like backstrom whos getting better on his line, how can ovie not put up huge numbers.

In the end i think it will come down to these three but ultimatley ovechkin ending up with the scoring title. For personal reasons i would like to see nash win it ( i picked him in my pool first round)
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page