Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Search
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Hockey Forums
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... User Polls
 Poll - Would you vote for Rory? Allow Anonymous Users Reply to This Topic...
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

Blubberboy
Rookie

155 Posts

Posted - 01/03/2007 :  18:08:55  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Guest0133

#2!!
[img]http://www.voteforrory.com/images/roryvotes745.jpg[/img]

WHAT THE HECK?!?!?!?!?!?!?
That is weird.

Go Vancouver
Go to Top of Page

-oil-country-
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
988 Posts

Posted - 01/03/2007 :  18:11:51  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
i'm suprised Hannan is doing so well
Go to Top of Page

bablaboushka
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
2417 Posts

Posted - 01/03/2007 :  19:26:46  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Why?
Go to Top of Page

-oil-country-
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
988 Posts

Posted - 01/03/2007 :  22:39:36  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
i dunno i just didn't think a guy like that would get that many votes
Go to Top of Page

spearbelly
Top Prospect

Canada
98 Posts

Posted - 01/04/2007 :  22:53:15  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

Vote Roree????? If it's to show the NHL that we are aware of their image of their heads up their a$$ regarding the selection process ......then smooooooth......I'll vote Rony....But I wouldn't vote Roby because he's POPULAR????? or because it would be "FUN"....to see Roarly there.............That's horse cock...............It would also be "FUN" if they had HALLE BERRY skating topless and DEMI MOORE mudwrestling with BRETT HULL(she'd be the bigger Boobed one)........and SKILLS Competitors could elbow , slash and hack a defenseless NICOLE RITCHIE while accuracy shooters could blast pucks at OMAROSA , getting points for missing her mouth....................THAT would also be "FUN".......But at an ALL STAR GAME???????????????...[anywhere else.......YEEESSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!]
This annual shinny event is meant to display the skills of the ULTRA TALENTED skatesters (Though I'd love to see the HARD HITTING ) while providing a break in the
hectic season .(I guess I can always see the HITTING throughout the season and at playoffs and at the floor of my Gramma's Rock Climbing Wall )....................But I"m sorry...........with all due rspect......Rovi ......... I don't think you should be there......

Edited by - spearbelly on 01/04/2007 22:58:19
Go to Top of Page

I HATE CROSBY
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
538 Posts

Posted - 01/06/2007 :  17:40:38  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
[quote]Originally posted by Ryan Harper

What is with you guys saying Rory is good? He is not a good defenseman at all. The whole thing is kind of humorous and I think it would be great if he actually got voted in. Even if It makes the NHL look really bad, almost bush league.

Rory is not good.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I hope you guys/girls are using the term "no good" on a relative basis........the guy is in the nhl for god's sake....On another relative basis, I would consider rory fitzpatric great as compared to,hmmm I don't know, the majority of players in the world junoir tournament.

I HATE CROSBY

Edited by - I HATE CROSBY on 01/06/2007 17:43:07
Go to Top of Page

spearbelly
Top Prospect

Canada
98 Posts

Posted - 01/06/2007 :  23:57:19  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by I HATE CROSBY
[---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I hope you guys/girls are using the term "no good" on a relative basis........the guy is in the nhl for god's sake....On another relative basis, I would consider rory fitzpatric great as compared to,hmmm I don't know, the majority of players in the world junoir tournament.

I HATE CROSBY

WHY hasn't anybody else thought of this?? What a great concept for the AllStar selection process. If you're GREATER than the JUNIOR players..........YOUR IN!!!!!!!!!!!............Only problem.................HOW will they get 500 NHL players into TWO players benches?
Go to Top of Page

pucker
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
398 Posts

Posted - 01/09/2007 :  10:16:56  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The Vancouver Sun and tsn.ca are reporting that Rory didnt make the starting line up.

quote:
According to the Vancouver Sun, Fitzpatrick will not be among the top two vote getters among Western Conference defencemen when the NHL releases its All-Star Game voting results later today.

"I've said all along I don't think I'll get in that top two," the Canucks blueliner told the Sun Monday. "We'll wait and see what happens [today]."

Fitzpatrick became an internet phenomenon in recent weeks as fans stuffed the ballot box with the name of the journeyman defenceman. This season, the Rochester, New York native has one assist in 28 games with Vancouver.

I think the league still needs to brign him there in some capacity. Not neccessarily to play, but to speak to the media and to spin the Vote for Rory campaign in to as much a positive as possible. The league has received a lot of press for this and a lot of it has made them look a bit silly. Making it into a feel good human interest story could be beneficial for the NHL. Especially with major networks covering it.

I heard a great idea on the radio this morning. Why not let the fans vote in one 'lunch box' player from each conference. And no, I wouldn't vote for Rory as a 'hard hat' or 'lunch box' type player. I am thinking more along the lines of: Steve Staios, Kevin Bieksa, Darcy Tucker (although his stats should get him in. Maybe last seasons Darcy Tucker). Anyone agree?
Go to Top of Page

Beans15

Canada
8286 Posts

Posted - 01/09/2007 :  10:54:22  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I strongly disagree. The All-Star game was designed to showcase the most skilled players. It should be for the best players to have a little fun and put on a good show. Plus, it's a nice break for most players part way through the year. This whole "Vote for Rory" is a black mark to the league I think. It's a joke that has gone way too far and it makes the NHL look like a popularity contest rather than a league that showcases thier talent at the all-star game. Why should this guy take a spot of a player that is having a great season or perhaps even a career year??

It's a joke, the league should be embarrassed, and if the NHL wants to continue the fan voting system, they should only allow for the top 10-15 players in each position.
Go to Top of Page

leigh

Canada
1755 Posts

Posted - 01/09/2007 :  12:58:30  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Beans15

...This whole "Vote for Rory" is a black mark to the league I think....

I strongly disagree that it is a "black mark". That is WAY OVERSTATED! It has done no damage whatsoever. It has raised awareness on so many levels and has only pointed out a flaw in their system (and showed how powerful the power of the people can be) I personally think it is good that he didn't win, but if he won I think they should have honoured it, after all he played within the rules. I say, "Make your bed and lie in it". I would have cheered for him.

Pucker, I do agree that they should bring him to the game. It would be very good press. Whether Rory likes it or not he represents the blue collar NHL player now. I might add that because of this initiative and this fame, the voteforrory.com web site has raised thousands of dollars in advertising and it has ALL been donated to "the Canucks for Kids" charity. Tell me, how can that be a bad thing? Rory didn't ask for it but he is now a hero to a lot of kids. It's proof that you don't have to be the best to do good things. Something we could all learn.
Go to Top of Page

Beans15

Canada
8286 Posts

Posted - 01/09/2007 :  13:51:57  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I think it's great that this "Vote for Rory" thing raise money for kids. I did not realize that.

However, if the All Star game was called the "Blue Collar" or Lunchbox" or "Hard Hat" game, then I would agree with you. A guy with 1 assist and a plus 2 rated does not, and in my opinion, will never belong in the All Star game. It's a joke to the game.

It's like in the NBA. The players in the all star game are the best dunkers and the people mostly in the media as the starters. It's not the best players in the game, it is the most noteworthy(good and bad). That's just another reason the NBA is a joke compared to the NHL. Is that what we want our All Star game to be?? A joke?? Not me.
Go to Top of Page

leigh

Canada
1755 Posts

Posted - 01/09/2007 :  17:55:31  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Beans15

I think it's great that this "Vote for Rory" thing raise money for kids. I did not realize that.

However, if the All Star game was called the "Blue Collar" or Lunchbox" or "Hard Hat" game, then I would agree with you. A guy with 1 assist and a plus 2 rated does not, and in my opinion, will never belong in the All Star game. It's a joke to the game.

It's like in the NBA. The players in the all star game are the best dunkers and the people mostly in the media as the starters. It's not the best players in the game, it is the most noteworthy(good and bad). That's just another reason the NBA is a joke compared to the NHL. Is that what we want our All Star game to be?? A joke?? Not me.

Ya it is pretty cool that the money helped out less fortunate. And I agree that the All Star game should be just that...all stars. My preference would be that the voting wasn't open to the public, or that it only had a "limited" bearing on the final outcome. I'm just saying that if he had won I think he should have been able to go. Aside from that I think the current publicity is good for the NHL and they should capitalize on it by bringing him to the game (not to play) and spinning it in some positive way. At the very least it will keep the tens of thousands of hockey fans who did vote for him happy.
Go to Top of Page

jmsmorris
Top Prospect

Canada
31 Posts

Posted - 01/17/2007 :  17:33:43  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good thing Rory didn't get into the all star game he didn't even get a single point for something like his first 26 games. The voting system is flawed. It's called the All STAR Game for a reason and Rory is no star.

Edited by - jmsmorris on 01/17/2007 17:36:19
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page