Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Search
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Eastern Conference - Atlantic Division
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... Toronto
 Leafs Sinking Allow Anonymous Users Reply to This Topic...
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Guest4615
( )

Posted - 12/07/2006 :  21:49:24  Reply with Quote
Is that 6 in a row now? So I guess the Leafs are finally coming back down to earth. The honeymoon with the new coach is over. Darcy Tucker and Kyle Wellwood have ended their Gretzky - Kurri impersonation. Raycrofts true colors are shining through. McCabe and Kaberle continue to prove that Rory Fitzpatrick has better defensive skills than both of them combined.

lyall
PickupHockey Pro

360 Posts

Posted - 12/08/2006 :  22:35:13  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yeah, beacuse Fitzpatrick hit a season high in '04 with 11 pionts. Where as either Mccabe or Kaberle have been in the top ten for defencemen for the past 3 seasons. I know Toronto is not the greastest team.....not by a long shot. But Kaberle & Mccabe are definitly some of the best defencemen in the league.

Edited by - lyall on 12/08/2006 22:36:49
Go to Top of Page

oil guy
Rookie

Canada
122 Posts

Posted - 12/09/2006 :  07:19:10  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
why do they allow anonymous posts?
people need to grow a set and stand behind there opinions especially when they spout stupidity.
Go to Top of Page

Novie
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
452 Posts

Posted - 12/14/2006 :  07:49:14  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by oil guy

why do they allow anonymous posts?
people need to grow a set and stand behind there opinions especially when they spout stupidity.

Agreed...and I think the number remains for each post....4069 is killing me with his anti-Sens tirade! lol

Go Sens
Go to Top of Page

bablaboushka
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
2417 Posts

Posted - 12/14/2006 :  10:15:18  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Unrelated to the topic: The Guest number is a number taken from their IP address.

On topic: Every team has their streaks. Last year Toronto lost 9 straight when McCabe was out but then went unbeaten in what, 11 games or something when they put Aubin in net at the end of the season. They are not sinking for good, they're just on a string of bad breaks and 40-minute games.

Edited by - bablaboushka on 12/14/2006 10:16:20
Go to Top of Page

Novie
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
452 Posts

Posted - 12/14/2006 :  10:48:53  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by bablaboushka

They are not sinking for good, they're just on a string of bad breaks and 40-minute games.

Kinda like the Sens started the season

Go Sens
Go to Top of Page

lyall
PickupHockey Pro

360 Posts

Posted - 12/15/2006 :  00:15:40  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by bablaboushka

Unrelated to the topic: The Guest number is a number taken from their IP address.

On topic: Every team has their streaks. Last year Toronto lost 9 straight when McCabe was out but then went unbeaten in what, 11 games or something when they put Aubin in net at the end of the season. They are not sinking for good, they're just on a string of bad breaks and 40-minute games.

Am I gettin this right? You;re not trash talking a Canadain team?? What's going on?
Go to Top of Page

bablaboushka
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
2417 Posts

Posted - 12/15/2006 :  05:49:02  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Don't remind me.

The only reason I still give Toronto any credit is that their GM is about as smart as the toilet he pisses in. Kinda hurts them to start with.

Edited by - bablaboushka on 12/15/2006 05:51:58
Go to Top of Page

ultimatetitman
Rookie

Canada
244 Posts

Posted - 12/15/2006 :  16:37:04  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by lyall

Yeah, beacuse Fitzpatrick hit a season high in '04 with 11 pionts. Where as either Mccabe or Kaberle have been in the top ten for defencemen for the past 3 seasons. I know Toronto is not the greastest team.....not by a long shot. But Kaberle & Mccabe are definitly some of the best defencemen in the league.

You were replying to the quote "Rory Fitzpatrick has better defensive skills than both of them combined." Guest4615 did not question Kaberle's or MacCabe's offensive abilities, he/she questioned their defensive abilities. Ask any GM in the league and they will take a solid defensive D-man with little offence over an offensive D-man with little defensive skills.
Kaberle and McCabe are two of the most overrated players in the league. Sure they have a very respectable 26 points each, but they are often a liability in their own end. If they played on any other team you would never hear about them. Keep in mind that McCabe's own coach basically benched him during the Olympics. He looked like a boy playing with men, completely in over his head.
Go to Top of Page

spearbelly
Top Prospect

Canada
98 Posts

Posted - 12/18/2006 :  00:49:57  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
[Look Ulti-man.YOU make a valid point regarding offensive D men but both these cats are improving .MCCABE's salary depicts he's overrated but not too many hockey people speak even remotely "NORRIS" wise of him (and you gotta remember,Bob Cole is 106 yrs old )......And KABERLE.....his smooth- as -silk , confident and effective puck control and tape to tape passing skills coming out of his proverbial end is second to ........[don't say none......don't say none ..................you'll be ridiculed..]..........Niedermayer or Lidstrom .Offensively they're better than above average and defensively they're..................what's that snookums?.............Ill be right th................................
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page