Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Search
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Western Conference - Pacific Division
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... Calgary
 Phaneuf Traded to Maple Leafs Allow Anonymous Users Reply to This Topic...
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

Beans15

Canada
8286 Posts

Posted - 02/07/2010 :  23:30:01  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by ryan93

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uF_WIrTI8Y0&feature=related
I was just watching this clip of Elisha Cuthbert on Jimmy Kimmel about a month ago, they start talking about Dion Phaneuf at 2:05.

Well that was a gigantic waste of my time. She said nothing interesting at all. It was kinda of like watching Phaneuf play. You expect some fireworks, but in the end, no substantial impact at all>

That being said, I have to say I did expect more from her. I have watched her before in various situations and she looked really bad on the Kimmel show.

No wonder Avery let her go!!

Zing!!!!!
Go to Top of Page

Guest2961
( )

Posted - 02/08/2010 :  11:25:13  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Matt_Roberts85

I dont see how toronto can really be hurt from this deal, its not like they could go any lower. They are a last place team with those guys and Phaneuf is the type of player who could reinvigorate the entire club with his intensity, something that is sorley lacking in blue and white. He is not perfect, I dont think anyone is saying he is Nik Lidstrom, but when was the last time a forward on the other team had to keep their head up crossing the red line or think twice about blocking a shot. Phaneuf has those abilities in spades and the leafs needed that badly.

See, i hope the new scenery helps phaneuf here, im pretty sure a trade was what he needed if he ever had hopes of rejuvinating his career... with all the other defenders in calgary, he just waasnt fitting/thirving, and being put with regehr was not the best pairing for him IMO.
I hope he also brings this "intensity" you talk about, because he defaintely rarely, if ever brought this intensity you speak of in Calgary... have you watched him play over the last while? Intensity is one of the last words i would use to describe his play... and if by intensity you mean his big hits, well he does bring that, but one big hit once in a while, is no substitue for consistent play, or atleast consistent energy.... some of the most vivid memories i have of phaneuf are seeing him stand around in his own end, waiting for someone else to dig the puck out or win a battle(where his size could definately be used), and hes just standing there watching, not even covering his man or a passing lane or anything....
Yes, you guys aren't lying when you talk about his upside, and a change of scenery may be just what he needed, but as of right now, i think many of the leafs fans are fooled about phaneuf's current play.
Go to Top of Page

Guest2270
( )

Posted - 02/08/2010 :  14:39:48  Reply with Quote
The great Sam Pollack once said...who-ever aquires the best player in a trade...WINS THE TRADE...enough said...thumbs up burke and the leafs....bring it on Phaneuf !!!
Go to Top of Page

Guest7672
( )

Posted - 11/06/2010 :  13:43:15  Reply with Quote
The Flames traded Phanny because he got into a fight with iggy in the dressing room, naturally iggy smoked 'em
Go to Top of Page

Yewcandoit
Rookie

Canada
115 Posts

Posted - 11/11/2010 :  01:30:49  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
And Phaneuf gets booed by the Leaf fans.

I'm glad he is out of the west.

They should give Kaberle the C, not Phaneuf!

My fav phaneuf clip: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v71FqkDMV1c
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page