Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Search
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Hockey Forums
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... Trash Talk
 Canucks fans are jokes! Allow Anonymous Users Reply to This Topic...
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 4

Guest4658
( )

Posted - 04/23/2009 :  02:15:04  Reply with Quote
For the record..Vancouver isn't even a hockey city...period. But we still do a pretty DAMN GOOD time cheering for our home team, us the ture fans, not those bandwagoners or suits at GM Place, but us that were always there for the good and the bad times, I've always supported the canucks, vancouver has one of the most intelligent fans in the world, if you dont believe that then you're just a selfish leaf fan that takes out the frustration on OTHER TEAMS and dont concentrate enough on your own team, and to keep your stupid rants to yourself. the f*cking end!
Go to Top of Page

Guest9733
( )

Posted - 04/23/2009 :  09:08:48  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Guest4658

For the record..Vancouver isn't even a hockey city...period. But we still do a pretty DAMN GOOD time cheering for our home team, us the ture fans, not those bandwagoners or suits at GM Place, but us that were always there for the good and the bad times, I've always supported the canucks, vancouver has one of the most intelligent fans in the world, if you dont believe that then you're just a selfish leaf fan that takes out the frustration on OTHER TEAMS and dont concentrate enough on your own team, and to keep your stupid rants to yourself. the f*cking end!

Isn't even a hockey city? You sir are an idiot.

(ADMIN EDIT - CONTENT REMOVED - PERSONAL ATTACK)

Go to Top of Page

Guest9806
( )

Posted - 04/23/2009 :  13:48:54  Reply with Quote
[quote]Originally posted by ryschevy1

Hey didn't LA beat Toronto in the 93 western final to meet Montreal in the final? That's too bad b/c i'd have loved to see Toronto lose to the Habs!!!!

GO OIL!!! YA!!!

There is no way the Habs (Acutally the Montreal Patrick Roys) would have beaten the Leafs. In that year, Montreal did not beat the Leafs at all. Lucky for the Habs, Leafs (and their LOYAL fans) got screwed!

Go to Top of Page

mard65
Top Prospect

24 Posts

Posted - 04/23/2009 :  15:34:18  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have friends like you. One of the guys in our pool is a Caps fan despite growing up in BC. He also likes the Raiders, Yankees and Lakers so enough said.

Were you picked on a lot as a kid? I've never understood guys who don't cheer for their home team. Always makes me wonder what kind of fan you are.

I could understand if you lived in say Halifax and didn't have a team in your province to support but a born and raised BC boy cheering for the Leafs seems really sad. Especially since I gather you are pretty young and the Leafs haven't even made a Cup final since '67.

Before you trot out the 'At least we/they have won a Cup that's a weak argument. So have the Vancouver Millionnaires. That was before I was born so I don't trot that one out.

The Canucks have been in 2 finals since 1970 to the Leafs zero so comparably speaking the Canucks have been the better franchise during that time period.
quote:
Originally posted by I HATE CROSBY

Born in Victoria (BC), raised in vancouver..and I've never even been to toronto hahahahahah...My dad was born there, so I spent my carefree childhood days watching his beloved leafs on cbc...I never realy liked the leafs until 92-93 (I don't know why I used that word "until".....I was only 6 then hahahah) when felix potvin was the starter ...He was my idol growing up....By the time he got traded, my love for the leafs was too strong to kill.........I actually don't mind the nucks that much. I hate the standard nucks fan......I really didn't like them between 2001and 2005...I didn't like burtuzzi, cloutier or crawford at all (3 strikes you're out).....I've always liked luongo & vignailt (the coach who I misspelled)...so the nucks don't bug me now........But It will be hard for me to ever love them since they beat my leafs in the 94 western final!
(this doesn't make me a bandwagon fan......since I liked them for the right reasons!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! My problem is ppl who only like a team b/c they win....not b/c they like the players)
I HATE CROSBY

Go to Top of Page

Guest0038
( )

Posted - 04/23/2009 :  23:02:20  Reply with Quote
I haven't read all the posts but I have to agree with the title "Canuck fans are jokes." I am so sick of seeing those damn canuck car flags!!! Where the hell were any of you so called Canuck fans during the season, probably hiding from embarassment for missing the last 2 playoffs. I grew up in Ontario & I HATE the leafs but I gotta say a Leaf fan is fan regardless of how crappy they've been for the last 42 years!
Go to Top of Page

Guest5674
( )

Posted - 04/27/2009 :  08:06:25  Reply with Quote
The Canucks are the Canucks. Simple as that. And all you guys out there have nothing better to say than to slam this team over the history they made. Lots of other teams are in the same boat.
If and when they do win the Stanley Cup, show your ignorant red faces on here so I can see who you are. And have a good laugh!
Go to Top of Page

Guest4435
( )

Posted - 04/27/2009 :  08:51:06  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Guest1494

so what are all you canuck fans names like ching chow wang and chow wong fat?

This website is for talking about hockey....,If you wan't to be racist go start your own website...

GO CANUCKS GO!!!!!
Go to Top of Page

greatonesleague
Top Prospect

Canada
25 Posts

Posted - 04/27/2009 :  10:52:02  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

i completey forgot I made this....

That argument about populations has been said time and time again.....then why don't the raptors sell out? or why don't the blue jays get more fans?(obviously they are not going to sell out the rogers center unless they're in playoffs..but still)...Vancouver is clearly the worst hockey town in canada...what would you expect with all that rain?(good time to add I live there)...and I hate when the cover of the province has the canucks on it.......when they were aweful, they made 1/2 a page in the sports section......i am just saying there are more true leafs fans in vancouver than there are true canucks fans (ever been to a nucks leafs game at gm place?)

I HATE CROSBY

Go to Top of Page

Guest6613
( )

Posted - 05/23/2009 :  12:32:31  Reply with Quote
Wow buddy ur a joke. what has Toronto ever done to you? Putrid hole? what hell is that anyway u idiot
quote:
Originally posted by Guest0959

I HAte Crosby... have your maplelaughs win a cup when there is more than 6 teams in the league.

We in the west despise the putrid hole you call home. Toronto is not the center of the universe as you F$#@-ups think. You town is the a****** of the country....pompous, arrogant, self-centered morons.

Go to Top of Page

Guest6891
( )

Posted - 05/23/2009 :  16:19:47  Reply with Quote
quote:

Where were all of you when the nucks sucked in the late 90's?
Talk about band wagon jumpers.....you guys are pathetic. During that time the leafs were in a lull too, yet the acc still sold out. How many cups you guys got?

Stop talking about your storied history when CAROLINA has more cups than you.

I HATE CROSBY

Go to Top of Page

Guest6891
( )

Posted - 05/23/2009 :  16:21:31  Reply with Quote
quote:

Where were all of you when the nucks sucked in the late 90's?
Talk about band wagon jumpers.....you guys are pathetic. During that time the leafs were in a lull too, yet the acc still sold out. How many cups you guys got?

Stop talking about your storied history when CAROLINA has more cups than you.

I HATE CROSBY

Leafs FAns Suk GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO Caaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaanucks Gooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
Go to Top of Page

hanley6
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
674 Posts

Posted - 05/23/2009 :  18:30:08  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Mikhailova

quote:
Originally posted by Ripley

quote:

But It will be hard for me to ever love them since they beat my leafs in the 94 western final!

I know the NHL has gone under some big changes but were the leafs in the west in 94?

I hope not--Toronto in the west?? If that were the case then whoever decided on the division lines needs to work on their geography.

before there was a Western and Eastern Conference it was Campbells and Whales, Campbells conference was changed to the Western Conference and Whales Conference was changed to Eastern Conference and yes Toronto was in the Western Conference
Go to Top of Page

hanley6
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
674 Posts

Posted - 05/23/2009 :  18:42:42  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by ryschevy1

Hey didn't LA beat Toronto in the 93 western final to meet Montreal in the final? That's too bad b/c i'd have loved to see Toronto lose to the Habs!!!!

GO OIL!!! YA!!!

the Leafs would have beat the Habs that year if it weren't for Gretzky high stick to Doug Gilmour cyutting him open without getting a penalty and scoring on the next play..

Edited by - hanley6 on 05/23/2009 18:43:14
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

4809 Posts

Posted - 05/26/2009 :  04:20:28  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Moderator Edit: Guest 6938, I deleted your post for comments that were racial bigotry. Look it up in the dictionary.

"Take off, eh?" - Bob and Doug
Go to Top of Page

Guest5026
( )

Posted - 11/09/2009 :  14:05:17  Reply with Quote
canuck fans have no one to blame but themselves because if the team starts loosing they will curse the team and talk s*** about their own team how dumb, very fickle bunch.
Go to Top of Page

Guest4803
( )

Posted - 11/09/2009 :  14:54:10  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Guest5026

canuck fans have no one to blame but themselves because if the team starts loosing they will curse the team and talk s*** about their own team how dumb, very fickle bunch.

hey at least we show some kind of emotion towards the team, if we didnt care we wouldnt say a damn thing, we dont like losing (insert stanley cup drought jokes here, at least we have made it there in the last 40 years)we expect more out of our team then probably any other hockey market.
Go to Top of Page

nux-suk
Top Prospect

41 Posts

Posted - 11/09/2009 :  15:52:00  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
typical nux crowd posing as actual hockey fans. what a joke. Kal - Tire knows when you are winning and losing. Your quiet little GM Place clams right up & starts booing their own team the minute things get going even slightly tough. Greg Louganis is a trainer for Burrows, Raymond, Sedins.......oh hell the whole team is a bunch of divers. If it wasnt for Luongo, your crap team would be in the ECHL.

At least we got one you bandwagon jumpin losers
Go to Top of Page

Guest6189
( )

Posted - 11/09/2009 :  17:36:51  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by nux-suk

Greg Louganis is a trainer for Burrows, Raymond, Sedins.......oh hell the whole team is a bunch of divers. If it wasnt for Luongo, your crap team would be in the ECHL.

Ahem... have you not been watching this team for the past several weeks you ponce? Luongo and Daniel Sedin have both been out for weeks with injuries and we've been winning just fine with our injury-ridden roster.

If it wasn't for Luongo? He hasn't played in weeks and we've been winning. Pay attention dude.
Go to Top of Page

Alex116
PickupHockey Legend

6113 Posts

Posted - 11/10/2009 :  00:25:04  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

typical nux crowd posing as actual hockey fans. what a joke. Kal - Tire knows when you are winning and losing. Your quiet little GM Place clams right up & starts booing their own team the minute things get going even slightly tough. Greg Louganis is a trainer for Burrows, Raymond, Sedins.......oh hell the whole team is a bunch of divers. If it wasnt for Luongo, your crap team would be in the ECHL.

This is just an awesome post! You really can't argue that! Kal tire references? Greg Louganis? OMG! Whoever you are, mister 1 post wonder / nux - suk, please, promise to stick around!!! If this is your best shtick, you're in knee deep already.....

Go to Top of Page

nux-suk
Top Prospect

41 Posts

Posted - 11/10/2009 :  07:35:26  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Oh i will be around for a long time, so long that you still wont ever ever ever ever win a cup......ever. As for your big proclaimation of your winning streak without Mary-Kate (ashleys sister) and Fuolongo, anybody can have a streak at this time of year. Clearly I am dealing with amateurs on this post, but what to expect from nucklehead fans anyway?
quote:
Originally posted by Alex116

quote:

This is just an awesome post! You really can't argue that! Kal tire references? Greg Louganis? OMG! Whoever you are, mister 1 post wonder / nux - suk, please, promise to stick around!!! If this is your best shtick, you're in knee deep already.....

Go to Top of Page

Alex116
PickupHockey Legend

6113 Posts

Posted - 11/10/2009 :  09:39:20  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

Oh i will be around for a long time, so long that you still wont ever ever ever ever win a cup......ever. As for your big proclaimation of your winning streak without Mary-Kate (ashleys sister) and Fuolongo, anybody can have a streak at this time of year. Clearly I am dealing with amateurs on this post, but what to expect from nucklehead fans anyway?
quote:

quote:

Great, always good to have more people posting. But, if you really do plan on being around, be sure to learn how to use the quote feature so your posts are more readable!
Go to Top of Page

Guest4003
( )

Posted - 11/10/2009 :  09:44:39  Reply with Quote
hey "I HATE CROSBY" just a suggestion but why dont you try to funnel all your energy into some positives other than just for the Leafs. All that hate stuff is just plain stupid! Hey dont get me wrong i would like to see the leafs do well as well as the other canadian teams but i chose the canucks as my team and you the leafs and lets leave it at that. Lose all the hate.javascript:insertsmilie('')
Go to Top of Page

nux-suk
Top Prospect

41 Posts

Posted - 11/10/2009 :  15:16:38  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
for the record, nux-suk is not I HATE CROSBY (even though I do, (another diver)). Thanks for the heads up on my s***ty posting ability, i will sort it out.

Go to Top of Page

Guest5026
( )

Posted - 11/11/2009 :  08:35:50  Reply with Quote
change team name to vanlooser f***ups its more apropiate. hahahahahaha
Go to Top of Page

Alex116
PickupHockey Legend

6113 Posts

Posted - 11/11/2009 :  10:45:31  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Guest5026

change team name to vanlooser f***ups its more apropiate. hahahahahaha

Better yet, make it vanloser f***ups, seeing as if that were in fact a word, that's how it'd be spelled. I'm not one to jump on spelling mistakes, but if it's gonna be your screen name, at least make it correct

Unless of course you're only referring to overly sexually active female Canucks fans? Then i guess you could use the word loose instead of lose?
Go to Top of Page

nux-suk
Top Prospect

41 Posts

Posted - 11/11/2009 :  15:08:15  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Attention "Guest6189":
AHEM.....you were saying?
Go to Top of Page

Guest4527
( )

Posted - 11/11/2009 :  20:39:04  Reply with Quote
Canucks and their fans have in the past, do in the present and always will in the future SUCK.
1) Worst uni's and logo ....always. Flying "V", rink with a horizontal stick, birthing whale, WTF ????
2) Fans are total losers...Examples: Robson Street riot, boo American anthem when hosting World Juniors (real classy guys), and worst of all BOO TEAM CANADA AFTER GAME 4 LOSS AT 72 SUMMIT SERIES (thats supporting your county boys!). BTW Team Canada won so shove it.

Pround member of the Leaf Nation...Canada's team.
P.S. I hate that Canuck advertisement when they say "WE ARE ALL CANUCKS" ...like ***k we are.
Go to Top of Page

Guest6181
( )

Posted - 11/12/2009 :  00:43:43  Reply with Quote
The only good thing about the Leafs is the fact that their top 3 pick in this year's draft will end up in Boston

To guest 4527, please don't call the Leafs "Canada's team". That's about the most insulting thing you could say about this great nation.

Canada's embarrassment is more like it
Go to Top of Page

Guest4803
( )

Posted - 11/12/2009 :  10:34:08  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Guest4527

Canucks and their fans have in the past, do in the present and always will in the future SUCK.
1) Worst uni's and logo ....always. Flying "V", rink with a horizontal stick, birthing whale, WTF ????
2) Fans are total losers...Examples: Robson Street riot, boo American anthem when hosting World Juniors (real classy guys), and worst of all BOO TEAM CANADA AFTER GAME 4 LOSS AT 72 SUMMIT SERIES (thats supporting your county boys!). BTW Team Canada won so shove it.

Pround member of the Leaf Nation...Canada's team.
P.S. I hate that Canuck advertisement when they say "WE ARE ALL CANUCKS" ...like ***k we are.

1. the flying V is no worse then the original Coyote Jerseys, and have you ever seen a blue maple leaf?
2. Those were canadian fans watching the world juniors not just canuck fans you idiot.....seeings how team CANADA is CANADA's team not the laughs
3. Once again canadian fans in Vancouver, and hey maybe thats what pushed them to actually end up winning you never know.

Proud Member of leaf NAtion...hows that possible your proud of being not only the worst Canadian team but the worst team in the NHL.
Go to Top of Page

Guest9297
( )

Posted - 11/20/2009 :  11:54:19  Reply with Quote
I am going to go ahead and agree with this one...Spike TV an American, southern, TV station voted Canuck fans the worst in pro sports, because...
1) They celebrate every year like they have won a title in the past
2) They are arrogant beyond belief, when, again , have won nothing
3) Think the players on their roster are top tier players when they have only 1.

Those are Spikes reasons. I hate the Canucks mostly for the broadcast team and Alex Burrows and Ryan Kesler. I will never forget when John Garret said " Steve Yzerman, there is now way you can't select Burrows for the Olympic team" I can think of twenty players better than Burrows.
Go to Top of Page

Guest4803
( )

Posted - 11/20/2009 :  12:26:11  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Guest9297

I am going to go ahead and agree with this one...Spike TV an American, southern, TV station voted Canuck fans the worst in pro sports, because...
1) They celebrate every year like they have won a title in the past
2) They are arrogant beyond belief, when, again , have won nothing
3) Think the players on their roster are top tier players when they have only 1.

Those are Spikes reasons. I hate the Canucks mostly for the broadcast team and Alex Burrows and Ryan Kesler. I will never forget when John Garret said " Steve Yzerman, there is now way you can't select Burrows for the Olympic team" I can think of twenty players better than Burrows.

hahahahah ya spike is pretty credible being an american station (top tier as well bahaha) talking about Vancouver they cant say its one of the american teams because they dont have any fans in the first place, intrested in who you cheer for bud? 1 top tier player? ok sedins dont count i guess but only are in the top 20 in scoring last year. i imagine your a leafs fan by the whole you havent won anything comment. Since we have been in the league u havent even made it to a cup final we have a couple of times so chill out.
Go to Top of Page

Alex116
PickupHockey Legend

6113 Posts

Posted - 11/20/2009 :  14:48:46  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Wow, i'm shocked right now. No, not because of the Spike thing, but because when i saw that "nux-suk" had posted on another thread, i had to assume that he was the one who brought this thread back to the forefront? Well, unless of course, he is 9297?

Anyway, interesting points they make, but they really don't make them very well???

How does one "celebrate every year like they have won a title in the past"? I don't get that? First of all, it implies that if you have won one, it's okay to do this? So, someone please tell me, what do other cities, which have won before, do to celebrate yearly? Beans, did Edm throw a party or a parade last year to celebrate their cups of the past? Slozo, how 'bout Toronto? I'd be interested to hear? All i know is this.....i saw MANY fans after our loss to the Blackhawks in last years playoffs and the only thing they were doing was drowning their sorrows. There certainly wasn't any celebrating that i witnessed.

As for being arrogant? How's this? I mean, did someone come up to them and start saying we're the best or something? An example of "why" might help?

His / her third point i actually sort of understand. I assume they're referring to Luongo? But the saying we "Think the players on........" seems to imply that we think ALL of our players are top tier? I would argue that the Sedins are top tier as well, however, my idea of top tier would be point a game guys. If their idea of top tier is 100 pt guys, then no. So, really, that's arbitrary, no?

Regardless, being that this "southern station" is likley in the hockey hotbed of Atlanta, Nashville or Florida, i'm really not bothered by it. It's prob one person from Spike and it's their opinion? Perhaps they ran into a drunken "Nucks" fan on vacation in their lovely city and their conversation didn't go well? Who knows, who cares. I'm certainly not embarrassed to be a Canuck fan and i don't consider myself the slightest bit arrogant.

Oh, and the Garrett comment about Burrows? Well, he's not too bright if he actually said that. I mentioned something similar in the thread dealing with Canada's last 3 spots. No way did i ever see Burrows making this team, let alone the orientation camp in Aug! Yeah, he played well and was scoring, but sorry, there's guys who do similar things to what Burrows does (plus more) who have done it for longer and have more experience at high levels than Burrows.

Go to Top of Page

Guest9297
( )

Posted - 11/21/2009 :  12:37:02  Reply with Quote
Wow I state an opinion and facts that a third source mentioned and get insulted. Good for you boys. And by the way I am a Leafs fan, but read the post clearly, I said I didn't like the Canucks broadcast team, and two players on their roster. But ya you go home and tell your family that you acted like a big man on the internet today.
Go to Top of Page

nux-suk
Top Prospect

41 Posts

Posted - 11/21/2009 :  21:14:56  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
nope i am not 9...... whoever. I felt compelled to join this whole chat thing when i saw this thread. It is true that the nux yuk yuks are the worst fans in the game. Being a born & raised B.C. boy, I am embarassed to have these type of fans in our glorious province. you can try to convince yourselves that you are not the worst, but deep down you really know it. that is of course based on you having broad general knowledge of the game, which most nux fans do not as most of the fans do not hail from Canada and know very little about the game, just that it gives them license to be morons in the streets of Vancouver after a playoff game (won or lost). This is not political, just true.
Go to Top of Page

Guest5592
( )

Posted - 11/21/2009 :  22:09:50  Reply with Quote
I don't think any argument including the Leafs and Canucks should include the question "and the Canucks last won a cup when?" since Toronto hasn't won a cup in longer than then Canucks have been a team!

Anyway, you can knock Canucks fans all you want, but the truth of the matter is that they have the longest current sellout streak of any team in the NHL. I'd say that makes fans pretty darn loyal even when the team hasn't had an outstanding record in all of those sold out seasons.

I think the media knocks Canucks hockey in Vancouver more than the fans do, and just because the media jumps all over the team, people have this perception that so do the fans. Yes, the fans are hard on their hockey team, but the love for the team and the game is just as strong in Vancouver as it is in a place like Toronto.
Go to Top of Page

Guest6485
( )

Posted - 11/21/2009 :  23:10:06  Reply with Quote
Oldest thread ever.
Go to Top of Page

Guest6485
( )

Posted - 11/21/2009 :  23:11:19  Reply with Quote
Posted - 12/17/2006

Srsly.
Go to Top of Page

Alex116
PickupHockey Legend

6113 Posts

Posted - 11/22/2009 :  03:27:13  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Guest9297

Wow I state an opinion and facts that a third source mentioned and get insulted. Good for you boys. And by the way I am a Leafs fan, but read the post clearly, I said I didn't like the Canucks broadcast team, and two players on their roster. But ya you go home and tell your family that you acted like a big man on the internet today.

9297....was this directed at me? If so, please do explain how i insulted you? If not, please ignore. Seriously, i don't know what you're talking about (since you didn't quote anyone) and i'm left wondering if you misread something???

nux-suk...who said you were 9? Think i missed something here too? Shiiiiit, did i say that? You guys really outta use the quote feature if you're gonna post once a week?

5592...do the 'nucks really have the longest sellout streak going? I didn't think they did? You sure of that?
Go to Top of Page

Guest8165
( )

Posted - 11/22/2009 :  04:39:36  Reply with Quote
The sad part about all of this is how angry some people get. While it would be great to be able to control how everyone acts especially when it comes to a HOCKEY TEAM this is not possible. Anyone who paints ALL fans with the same brush is just plain ignorant and need to look in the mirror. Get your hate on for something more productive in life...(ie. Conservative government ineptitude, Olympic Games overspending)

This 'passion' for Canuck fan hatred is just stupid as like almost all professional sports the true fans are few and far between from being able to attend games live. Better off saving your rants for your beloved Maple Laughs while you battle it out for last place again....at least watching a few rounds of playoff hockey is better than no hope at all. Oh and don't worry Burke is gonna take you to the promised land...well actually probably not until Brian Murray takes over for 5 years then Burkey comes back after he gets fired.

Use some common sense before you say dumb sh!t.... This thread is beyond pointless with no backing every town/city has its moments where a handful of idiots do something stupid.
Go to Top of Page

nux-suk
Top Prospect

41 Posts

Posted - 11/22/2009 :  09:25:09  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
You mean this quote!!!!
A fine example of Canuck fans, short term memory and blurred recollection of events. I can spell out things for you if needed but I really would rather not.
quote:

Wow, i'm shocked right now. No, not because of the Spike thing, but because when i saw that "nux-suk" had posted on another thread, i had to assume that he was the one who brought this thread back to the forefront? Well, unless of course, he is 9297?
Anyway, interesting points they make, but they really don't make them very well???

How does one "celebrate every year like they have won a title in the past"? I don't get that? First of all, it implies that if you have won one, it's okay to do this? So, someone please tell me, what do other cities, which have won before, do to celebrate yearly? Beans, did Edm throw a party or a parade last year to celebrate their cups of the past? Slozo, how 'bout Toronto? I'd be interested to hear? All i know is this.....i saw MANY fans after our loss to the Blackhawks in last years playoffs and the only thing they were doing was drowning their sorrows. There certainly wasn't any celebrating that i witnessed.

As for being arrogant? How's this? I mean, did someone come up to them and start saying we're the best or something? An example of "why" might help?

His / her third point i actually sort of understand. I assume they're referring to Luongo? But the saying we "Think the players on........" seems to imply that we think ALL of our players are top tier? I would argue that the Sedins are top tier as well, however, my idea of top tier would be point a game guys. If their idea of top tier is 100 pt guys, then no. So, really, that's arbitrary, no?

Regardless, being that this "southern station" is likley in the hockey hotbed of Atlanta, Nashville or Florida, i'm really not bothered by it. It's prob one person from Spike and it's their opinion? Perhaps they ran into a drunken "Nucks" fan on vacation in their lovely city and their conversation didn't go well? Who knows, who cares. I'm certainly not embarrassed to be a Canuck fan and i don't consider myself the slightest bit arrogant.

Oh, and the Garrett comment about Burrows? Well, he's not too bright if he actually said that. I mentioned something similar in the thread dealing with Canada's last 3 spots. No way did i ever see Burrows making this team, let alone the orientation camp in Aug! Yeah, he played well and was scoring, but sorry, there's guys who do similar things to what Burrows does (plus more) who have done it for longer and have more experience at high levels than Burrows.

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 4 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page