Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Search
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Hockey Forums
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... Trash Talk
 Worst hockey town in Canada Allow Anonymous Users Reply to This Topic...
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

Guest8002
( )

Posted - 02/02/2007 :  22:02:15  Reply with Quote
I'm from Dallas, and I like hockey. Dallas is a great hockey town because it's in a state whose population is increasing drastically because of immigrants from frigid cold places up north. So, for example, my parents grew up around Cincinatti, loved the Blackhawks, and brought their love of hockey to Texas (including the Dallas Blackhawks). Dallas has had a team since 1941, which is longer than most other American cities, especially any in the south. Sure, it may seem like the town as a whole doesn't care, but that's because it has currently or recently very successful franchises in other sports. Plus, there are still lots of fans around, and the games are generally well attended. But this is about Canadian hockey towns, so let's not get off topic, eh? :)
Go to Top of Page

Jayde
Top Prospect

Canada
4 Posts

Posted - 02/03/2007 :  01:12:05  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Honestly, having spent all my 30 years as a flames fan, I was always the first to admit when our team, well.. sucked. But one thing I can vouch for, with personal experience, is that even when the team had droughts that lasted years (cough.. AND YEARS), we are ALWAYS proud to say we are Flames fans! I will stick by them and cheer for them even if the cards are stacked against them, and I can honestly say, I'm not part of the minority. (and if you think for ONE SECOND that Edmonton fans have not done some VERY nasty things you're sadly mistaken)... but this rivalry between Edmonton and Calgary goes far beyond hockey... look at football even... Where were the Eskimos when Buono ran the stamps??? bitter much?

regardless... there are good and bad fans everywhere, but I can honestly say with 100% conviction that Calgary fans truly are the most loyal and supportive. It's easy to stand by your team when you have Gretzky carrying you... it's VERY easy to stand by your team when they win year after year after year... I think you'd be hard pressed to find fans that would stick by their team through the rough years the way Calgary fans have. I am a flames fan, my children are flames fans... and even if we never win a cup again, I will support my team, and I know I'm not alone.

I should point out that there is more to our team than the players on the ice, for years the people behind the scenes have shared the spotlight, as any family member would... I still remember Bearcat Murray rushing out onto the ice to reset Tim Hunters nose... AGAIN... and the times they'd have baseball games against the firefighters here in Airdrie... the team IS the community in so many ways. The fans give because the players give... check out the Kidsport organization... that alone is a HUGE benefit, and one of Iginla's babies. (just as one example)

Edited by - Jayde on 02/03/2007 01:15:31
Go to Top of Page

semin-rules
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
1915 Posts

Posted - 02/03/2007 :  08:39:06  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Guest9278

You Two are smoking something,
The worst hockey fans in Canada by far are the Leaf fans.
For one they're spoiled because CBC thinks they're the only hockey team in canada. Second, they think the'r s*** don't stink. Yes the Leafs are rich in History and have been around since before christ but most of their fans just like Hate Crosby are always hating on other teams and fans. By the way if you think Vancouver has such a sad fan base why have they had 3+ years of consecutive sell outs and 3+ years of 15 or more games on pay per view that have huge ratings.

Go To Hell Leafs

i disagree with you Guest9278 Toronto is loyal to their fans even if they are and have been doing really bad. They have hope that someday they will win the Stanley cup. Sure i hate the team alot but you cannot say that their fans are not loyal to their team.

~~~~~GO STARS~~~~~

Edited by - semin-rules on 02/08/2007 05:24:18
Go to Top of Page

I HATE CROSBY
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
538 Posts

Posted - 02/03/2007 :  23:52:43  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Guest9278

By the way if you think Vancouver has such a sad fan base why have they had 3+ years of consecutive sell outs and 3+ years of 15 or more games on pay per view that have huge ratings.

Go To Hell Leafs

I think my whole problem with nucks fans is what you just said........FOR THE LAST THREE YEARS....coincidentally when they started making the playoffs?......The leafs have been selling out for well over 3 decades...well, more like 7 hahahahahahah.......I remember opening up a paper in the late 90's and not seeing the nucks til page 6 of the sports.....NOW THEY'RE ON THE FRONT COVER? What a joke....I think i have a bigger problem with the media here in vancouver rather than the fans....Since it's the media who brainwashes them (EXCEPTION TO DON TAYLOR AKA "THE GREATEST MAN IN SPORTS")....They are pathetic....For you guys whoever read the vancouver province, wouldn't you agree Tony Gallegar is the biggest Douche in journalism?
He's like 6 pounds, so what the f*** does he know about playing hockey?

(By-the-by, I don't personally think a hockey team should ever be on the front page, I mean i think there's bigger things going on in the world than a hockey game)
I HATE CROSBY

Edited by - I HATE CROSBY on 02/03/2007 23:55:12
Go to Top of Page

Canucks Man
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
1547 Posts

Posted - 02/04/2007 :  00:13:43  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
you no IHC your whole comment had one good thing in it "DON TAYLOR IS A GOD" he is my hero

CANUCKS RULE!!
Go to Top of Page

Guest2983
( )

Posted - 02/07/2007 :  22:10:48  Reply with Quote
Best Hockey Fans: in Alberta
Cuz they crazy hockey fans!
I love Calgary fans cuz as much as a rivalry between the Oil and Flames, them awsome Flamer Fans booed Pronger! Go Flames Fans! Plus the Flames fans know how to party
I think both Oil and Flames fans are the best, thats partly why they have such a strong rivalry. They critize their teams, achknowledge the failures, and bash their players plays and horrid desicons, and still cheer them on, hope for the best. Both teams fans are cup hungry.
Go to Top of Page

Guest2956
( )

Posted - 02/08/2007 :  09:35:26  Reply with Quote
most of you guys must be from out west, here in the east you get to see how the habs fans really are, and i can say this becuase besides the canucks there my favourite team, and have been since i was young, the habs fans are the most flip-floppy, when the team is winning there all there bellowing out "OLE OLE OLE OLEEEE OLEEE OLEEEE" or "GO HABS GO", but when the team is losing, if your lucky enough to get fans in the stands there booing as loud as they can be..so that can be looked at as the worst fans, or maybe the best and most loyal...either way the fans in montreal will tell their team how they feel..

- Toronto will always sell out becase of history and the city, Toronto is arguably the biggest city for culture, people, and popularity, with this they will always be putting fans in the stands...not to mention that almost every person in the ACC on a leafs game has either inherited tickets or is a corporate CEO that is taking the head honcho out for saturday night to close a deal
Go to Top of Page

leigh

Canada
1755 Posts

Posted - 02/09/2007 :  18:02:22  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Jayde

Honestly, having spent all my 30 years as a flames fan, I was always the first to admit when our team, well.. sucked. But one thing I can vouch for, with personal experience, is that even when the team had droughts that lasted years (cough.. AND YEARS), we are ALWAYS proud to say we are Flames fans! I will stick by them and cheer for them even if the cards are stacked against them, and I can honestly say, I'm not part of the minority. (and if you think for ONE SECOND that Edmonton fans have not done some VERY nasty things you're sadly mistaken)... but this rivalry between Edmonton and Calgary goes far beyond hockey... look at football even... Where were the Eskimos when Buono ran the stamps??? bitter much?

regardless... there are good and bad fans everywhere, but I can honestly say with 100% conviction that Calgary fans truly are the most loyal and supportive. It's easy to stand by your team when you have Gretzky carrying you... it's VERY easy to stand by your team when they win year after year after year... I think you'd be hard pressed to find fans that would stick by their team through the rough years the way Calgary fans have. I am a flames fan, my children are flames fans... and even if we never win a cup again, I will support my team, and I know I'm not alone.

I should point out that there is more to our team than the players on the ice, for years the people behind the scenes have shared the spotlight, as any family member would... I still remember Bearcat Murray rushing out onto the ice to reset Tim Hunters nose... AGAIN... and the times they'd have baseball games against the firefighters here in Airdrie... the team IS the community in so many ways. The fans give because the players give... check out the Kidsport organization... that alone is a HUGE benefit, and one of Iginla's babies. (just as one example)

Hi Jayde, nice post and welcome to the forums. I could use a little support around here so please join in anytime. I recall the dry stretches very well and I too stuck by them (I lived in the Yukon then!) Cheers!
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page