Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Search
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Hockey Forums
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... General Hockey Chat
 What do the Sharks do? Allow Anonymous Users Reply to This Topic...
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Rambo2305
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
546 Posts

Posted - 05/27/2010 :  07:38:43  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Tell us what you think San Jose has to do in order to get over the playoff hump?

Other then not letting Dan Boyle score 3 own goals in the playoffs...

Rambo2305
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
546 Posts

Posted - 05/27/2010 :  07:41:13  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Honestly, there isn't much. This team is built to win right now! Might simply be the fact that hockey gods aren't smiling down on them.

How they change that? Not sure...only real thing is the fact that the Big-3 were anything but, at least on a consistent basis. I mean Heatley, 4 Goals in his last 29 playoff games? Really??
Go to Top of Page

The Duke
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
1239 Posts

Posted - 05/27/2010 :  15:18:13  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
personally i would make 2 block-buster deals. # 1. Joe thorthon for a package of picks and prospects....# 2. Dany Heat. for the same returning package. What else can they do ? seems like what they have now will never win together. The only thing these guys have proven year after year is that they can`t win.
Go to Top of Page

polishexpress
PickupHockey Pro

525 Posts

Posted - 05/27/2010 :  15:49:55  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Keep Thornton: look how many guys he has made look like amazing goal scorers:

Cheechoo(where is he now in terms of scoring?)

Setoguchi (his production has tailed off since not playing on the top line 65 points 08/09, 36 points 09/10)

Marleau (granted, he is himself a very good player, but would he have gotten 44 goals without Thornton's help?)

There are reports that heatley played through the playoffs with a groin injury, but that was probably only part of the problem.

I say don't blow things up. Tune up. Express confidence in the players. Thank them for their efforts. Ask the players want they want changed. The talent is there, the chemistry for winning during the season is there, they just need to develop that git and determination.

Try again next year, they'll get into the finals next year, bar another chicago k.o.
Go to Top of Page

polishexpress
PickupHockey Pro

525 Posts

Posted - 05/27/2010 :  15:56:49  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
If anything, trade Nabokov. This, of course, is clutching at straws. Maybe if they could get a less expensive goaltender that is simply good enough??? ( then use the cap space for injury issues, more d-men -- blake is getting old)

I say the above because of an interesting article on sportsnet by Jim Kelley:http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/2010/05/27/kelley_good_is_good_enough/

He cites an interesting trend this year about goaltenders that seem to rise out of nowhere if you're not paying attention (ie Tukka Rask, Anti Niemi, Michael Leighton etc..)
Go to Top of Page

FLYING -V
Top Prospect

69 Posts

Posted - 05/27/2010 :  17:45:50  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The sharks have to get meaner on the blue line and in front of the net. Also, trading Nabokov wouldn't be unadvisable either. But i honestly believe the group they have right now could easily win a cup

Its not worth winning if you cant win big!
Go to Top of Page

Guest7390
( )

Posted - 05/27/2010 :  21:32:17  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by FLYING -V

But i honestly believe the group they have right now could easily win a cup

Winning a cup isn't easy by any means
Go to Top of Page

pokermatt12
Top Prospect

Canada
65 Posts

Posted - 05/27/2010 :  23:29:44  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
first of all, nabby is unrestricted. they aren't trading him, they would lose him for nothing if anything. he's going to demand too much and the sharks won't be able to afford him. he's played his last game in a Sharks uniform.

Secondly, Heatley didn't take that much of a drop off in the playoffs if there wasn't anything wrong. He was most likely injured. Reports of him having a groin injury I truely believe.

I think what they should do is let Nabby go, try to sign Volchenkov to a long-term contract to solidify their Defense.

Now goaltending is where they might have trouble. IMO they can't get worse than Nabokov... most overrated goalie in the NHL. Might not agree with me but look at his olympic and playoff track record. Maybe pick up Turco for 4 mil a year? Wouldn't surprise me.

The last thing they should do though, is blow their team up. They made great steps this year and I'm sure a cup is coming soon.

Just my two cents.
Go to Top of Page

Jumbo Joe Rocks
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
410 Posts

Posted - 05/28/2010 :  04:58:31  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have 3 things I would do....
1.Trade Heatley and 3rd round pick for Oilers #1 pick if they would do the trade

2.Resign Patty,Pavelski Nichol and Malhotra,Maybe Nabby if he doesent ask for 7million a year too much

3.Sign Wojtek Wolski,Jaroslav Halak or Carey Price,Wolski would replace Setoguchi,Price or Halak would fill in for Nabby

I would hate to see the Sharks let Nabby go but he wants too much money

RESIGN PATTY
Go to Top of Page

Jumbo Joe Rocks
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
410 Posts

Posted - 05/28/2010 :  05:00:54  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Guest7390

quote:
Originally posted by FLYING -V

But i honestly believe the group they have right now could easily win a cup

Winning a cup isn't easy by any means

It probably would be easy to win for them if they played like the San Jose Sharks in the playoffs not like the Columbus Bluejackets

RESIGN PATTY
Go to Top of Page

Rambo2305
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
546 Posts

Posted - 05/28/2010 :  05:29:17  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Nabokov is truly one of the best, but for that price?

Like Jumbo Joe says, I would really like to see Halak or another one of the "big talent, small salary" goalies go to the tank and give SJ some room to acquire a big-time D-man. Blake's gunna hang em' up, so use the extra wiggle room to bring in a stud d-man to sure up the blue line.

Up front, whether or not they re-sign Marleau is a huuuge question. Him leaving could either open the door to another sniper, or just leave a hole in the line up and take 40+ goals out of the lineup...
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

4809 Posts

Posted - 05/28/2010 :  05:58:39  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Honestly, I think it's Joe Thornton. He has to go, and the culture will change.

If Thornton is so great and makes everyone around him so much better, where was Heatley this year? Was that a mirage, Heatley getting 39 goals, instead of his projected 45+ ? Heatley scored 39 last year with Spezza on a team going nowhere that was rife with dressing room issues . . . so how come the great Thornton caouldn't improve a top sniper like Heater, hmm?

If Marleau so needs Thornton, how come he scored 38 last year mostly without him? Of Marleau's 8 goals this playoffs, Thornton assisted on 3 of the first 4, and Marleau scored 3 goals in 10 games, ho hum. Then Marleau didn't play with Thornton and was a force, scoring 5 goals in the last three games, all tough losses. Who was the better centre this playoffs, Joe Pavelski or Joe Thornton?

Even a malcontent like Heatley can be productive on a team with a leader who is productive, and leads by example in terms of effort and grit. Joe Thornton is not that guy.

Personally, I hope San Jose makes a huge misstep and allows Marleau to leave (for the Leafs, please!), then it will all be clear as mud.

"Take off, eh?" - Bob and Doug
Go to Top of Page

Pasty7
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
2312 Posts

Posted - 05/28/2010 :  07:07:03  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Jumbo Joe Rocks

1.Trade Heatley and 3rd round pick for Oilers #1 pick if they would do the trade

2.Resign Patty,Pavelski Nichol and Malhotra,Maybe Nabby if he doesent ask for 7million a year too much

3.Sign Wojtek Wolski,Jaroslav Halak or Carey Price,Wolski would replace Setoguchi,Price or Halak would fill in for Nabby

RESIGN PATTY

ok yay sighn price or halak i'll take san jose 1rst 2nd and 3rd overall picks,, Halak and Price are not unrestricted

Pasty
Go to Top of Page

Matt_Roberts85
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
936 Posts

Posted - 05/28/2010 :  08:19:53  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
You who the sharks remind me of right now? The Detroit Red Wings of the early 90's. Many 'experts' claimed the red wings needed to blow the team up after losses to the leafs, sharks, devils, and avalanche. Trade Yzerman they said, he'll never get it done, Nik Lidstrom is way too soft, get rid of the russians, everyone knows you cant win with russians.

How wrong they were. The Sharks have alot of good peices in place already and I think they need to augment what they have. For me, their 3rd and 4th lines need to be upgraded. If you look at the 3rd and 4th lines on Chicago, Philly and Detroit they all have guys who can play a shutdown game and also contribute offensivley. SJ had basically 0 offensive from its bottom 6. The top guys cant do everything on their own.

On the back end, a solid shutdown guy would really help them as well. Rob Blake looks like he is going to call it a career, while he provided great leadership, it was pretty obvious he had a tough time keeping up with the speed of the game. Volchenkov would be a great fit, but im not sure they can fit him under the cap. Besides, I think Washington goes hard after Volchenkov.

Joe thornton, everyone ripes on Joe. The guy had his best playoffs of his career, he was a force out there most nights. He showed some signs of cracking against the hawks, dave bolland really frustrated him, but I think Joe really woke up this year and I wouldnt be in a hurry to dump him.

Heatley played injured pretty much the whole playoffs, and it showed. If they had dany at 100% i dont think the hawks sweep the sharks. Patrick Marleau will be a UFA and has stated he doesnt want to leave california, I can see him either staying in SJ or going to LA. He was the only Shark to be productive in all 3 rounds and I would try and keep him.

Now, evgenei nabokov..... he was recently quoted as saying he wants to stay in SJ and that the job was 'not done yet'.... but man o man, is this guy ever overrated. He would be one I could see not being resigned. If im Doug Wilson, maybe I look at dealing a pick and prospect for Carey Price.... I think Carey could really benefit from leaving Montreal and heading to a team in Cali.

So yea, all in all, I think the Sharks have alot of good peices (pavelski and Couture are 2 i didnt even mention) and blowing the team up now wouldnt be very wise.... why deal thornton and heatley (would be tough dealing those contracts anyways) for picks and prospects while they are in the prime of their careers.... you wont get anything back that'll be close to as good as they are. If you think EDM or BOS are trading those top 2 picks for those guys who are out of your mind. Say you let Marleau walk... who is out there who can replace his 40+ goals? You going to overpay for Kovalchuck? It just doesnt make sense.

The window for the Sharks is still open, they have to use this years conference final loss the same way the hawks did last year and come back even stronger next season. Augment the bottom 6, bring in a physical shutdown defenceman and consider spending Nabokovs money on someone else.

By the way, someone mentioned cheechoo..... the dude is buried on Ottawas AHL team....

There is no "I" in team, but there is an "M" and an "E".
Go to Top of Page

Pasty7
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
2312 Posts

Posted - 05/28/2010 :  08:28:35  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Matt_Roberts85

You who the sharks remind me of right now? The Detroit Red Wings of the early 90's. Many 'experts' claimed the red wings needed to blow the team up after losses to the leafs, sharks, devils, and avalanche. Trade Yzerman they said, he'll never get it done, Nik Lidstrom is way too soft, get rid of the russians, everyone knows you cant win with russians.

How wrong they were. The Sharks have alot of good peices in place already and I think they need to augment what they have. For me, their 3rd and 4th lines need to be upgraded. If you look at the 3rd and 4th lines on Chicago, Philly and Detroit they all have guys who can play a shutdown game and also contribute offensivley. SJ had basically 0 offensive from its bottom 6. The top guys cant do everything on their own.

On the back end, a solid shutdown guy would really help them as well. Rob Blake looks like he is going to call it a career, while he provided great leadership, it was pretty obvious he had a tough time keeping up with the speed of the game. Volchenkov would be a great fit, but im not sure they can fit him under the cap. Besides, I think Washington goes hard after Volchenkov.

Joe thornton, everyone ripes on Joe. The guy had his best playoffs of his career, he was a force out there most nights. He showed some signs of cracking against the hawks, dave bolland really frustrated him, but I think Joe really woke up this year and I wouldnt be in a hurry to dump him.

Heatley played injured pretty much the whole playoffs, and it showed. If they had dany at 100% i dont think the hawks sweep the sharks. Patrick Marleau will be a UFA and has stated he doesnt want to leave california, I can see him either staying in SJ or going to LA. He was the only Shark to be productive in all 3 rounds and I would try and keep him.

Now, evgenei nabokov..... he was recently quoted as saying he wants to stay in SJ and that the job was 'not done yet'.... but man o man, is this guy ever overrated. He would be one I could see not being resigned. If im Doug Wilson, maybe I look at dealing a pick and prospect for Carey Price.... I think Carey could really benefit from leaving Montreal and heading to a team in Cali.

So yea, all in all, I think the Sharks have alot of good peices (pavelski and Couture are 2 i didnt even mention) and blowing the team up now wouldnt be very wise.... why deal thornton and heatley (would be tough dealing those contracts anyways) for picks and prospects while they are in the prime of their careers.... you wont get anything back that'll be close to as good as they are. If you think EDM or BOS are trading those top 2 picks for those guys who are out of your mind. Say you let Marleau walk... who is out there who can replace his 40+ goals? You going to overpay for Kovalchuck? It just doesnt make sense.

The window for the Sharks is still open, they have to use this years conference final loss the same way the hawks did last year and come back even stronger next season. Augment the bottom 6, bring in a physical shutdown defenceman and consider spending Nabokovs money on someone else.

By the way, someone mentioned cheechoo..... the dude is buried on Ottawas AHL team....

this is exactly what i think and the move for carey would be a good one if the habs are ready to let him go,, as A rfa he will get 1.2 1.5 million tops and that would go a long way to keeping patty!!

Pasty
Go to Top of Page

Matt_Roberts85
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
936 Posts

Posted - 05/28/2010 :  09:01:22  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I think Montreal would like to keep both goaltenders, as like you said an RFA for price probably wouldnt cost them too much. It would take a nice deal to pry either goaltender out of Montreal. Halak will probably get a deal 3-5 years for 3.5 mil

Go to Top of Page

The Duke
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
1239 Posts

Posted - 05/28/2010 :  09:34:49  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Matt you say J.thorthon had the best playoffs of his career ?? what did he have 2 goals ?? How many goals did he have in the olympics ? ....1 maybe... If this is the best playoffs of Joe`s career...god help san jose. This guy is another Matts Sundin, all the tools, but no willingness to use them. Wheres my cheque and my sunglasses ?.....maybe Jumbo Joe should look at some Mike Richards footage.....if he ever has the desire to become a real winner.
Go to Top of Page

nuxfan
PickupHockey All-Star

3670 Posts

Posted - 05/28/2010 :  10:19:56  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
There is no reason to blow up this team - and I'm sure that they don't want to blow it up - however economics is going to dictate that they jettison some salary in order to field a team next year.

SJ has 20-22M (22 if the cap goes up to 58 as expected next year) to spend and 11 players to sign. The problem is a few of those players are big ticket signings that will eat significant chunks of that cap space:

Marleau - I can't see him signing for less than 6M per year with SJ (7M elsewhere, I think he'd take a hometown discount).

Nabby - 5M/year, and again would probably cost more elsewhere.

Pavelski - he's an RFA, but if he signs for less than 3M per year I'd be surprised.

Setoguchi - also RFA, and probably worth 2M per year.

So, there goes 16M of your capspace on 4 players, leaving 4-6M to sign 7 more players. And thats only if both Marleau and Nabby are willing to take hometown discounts to stay.

Or, another possibility is "lifetime deals", similar to Hossa/Luongo/Pronger, that are cap friendly but pay well up front. Marleau is 30, so a 10 year/50M deal (that pays the bulk in the first 6 years) would not be out of the question. Nabby is 34, perhaps 7 year/30M? I'm just WAG'ing numbers here, but if you can do that and keep them for a cap hit of less-than-market, then that would work well.

If they don't do that, then a small dismantling will have to begin.
Go to Top of Page

Guest9169
( )

Posted - 05/28/2010 :  10:32:17  Reply with Quote
Any team willing to sign marleau to a 7m deal needs a slap upside the head. I predicted a career year for him for a contract year and voila. Someone will overpay him and he'll be a wash next year.
Go to Top of Page

Beans15

Canada
8286 Posts

Posted - 05/28/2010 :  19:28:34  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
First of all, Patrick Marleau will not get $7 million a season. However, his numbers have nothing to do with a contract year. He has been a PPG player in 4 of the past 5 season and has 30+ goals in 4 of the past 5 season. He had one off year. And one has to remember that except this season, he has been playing 2nd line minutes behind Joe Thornton and still was a PPG players. He is brilliant and will get paid, but $7million is a little high. I would say $6 is the top in.

Nabokov, although is a goalie that does not lose games is also not one that wins games. I think it's time for a fresh play in net.

Why did Heatley do wrong for so many people to call for a trade?? 39 goals and 82 points is exactly what Heatley gets paid to do. Sure, he did not step in much in the playoffs, but that is very uncharacteristic of him. He is normally a big game player. I don't trade Heatley at all.

I actually agree with Slozo here. In the clutch, your best player has to be your best player. Thornton (like Luongo) is an amazing regular season player. But put him in the bright lights in crunch time and he is invisible. I move him now and use the money I am saving on Marleau long term. Then I chase a Frolov, Kovalchuk, or Whitney.

People have to remember that this Sharks team handed Detroit their a$$ and really played far better than they have in the past in the playoffs. Sure, they picked a bad time to slip against Chicago but that series could have went either way in the first 2 games and that becomes a different series.

Like my Grandpa used to say, Don't fix what ain't broken. Maybe a tweak here or there but I wouldn't do a ton. Definitely not a blow up, that's for sure.
Go to Top of Page

irvine
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
1315 Posts

Posted - 05/28/2010 :  19:47:37  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The Sharks do not need to blow the team up, that's for certain. This team is well on its way to a Cup Final. They just need to tweak it during the off season, and do it correctly.

Some have touched on the big three, especially Marleau because he is a UFA.

I'm of the frame of mind, you re-sign Marleau. If you must move one of the big three (Heatley, Marleau, Thornton), It's Thornton.

Jumbo Joe is a highly skilled playmaker, and I am a fan of his. However, he's just too soft. Thornton is the type of guy to me, who doesn't like being hit, doesn't like to give hits, and just expects guys to not touch him, because of his talent.

Joe has all the talent in the world, just not the grit to go with it. He's far too soft.

Heatley - Marleau - XXX (Insert new winger / Center here), as Marleau can play wing or center.

Of course, if you can keep all three while icing a team around them, that's the option you take.

As for Nabokov, i'm all for the Sharks keeping him. However, they can't. Not if they want Marleau, which they do.

There are a ton of UFA (and RFA) goaltenders on the market this season, with talent. And, much, much cheaper. They acquire one of them, keep their current backup, and I see them no less a contender.

It's going to take some work, but if the Sharks can keep the big three, sign the correct goaltender, and find a way to add a little more scoring from their 3rd/4th lines (along with the grit), they are looking good.

Irvine/prez.
Go to Top of Page

Guest1732
( )

Posted - 05/29/2010 :  15:04:42  Reply with Quote
The Sharks should ship Heatley and Thornton overseas to the KHL so we never have to see either of them in the NHL again. THen bring back Jagr and Radulov.
Go to Top of Page

Jumbo Joe Rocks
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
410 Posts

Posted - 05/30/2010 :  05:52:45  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Guest1732

The Sharks should ship Heatley and Thornton overseas to the KHL so we never have to see either of them in the NHL again. THen bring back Jagr and Radulov.

What are you messed up in the head or you just dont like them,Heatley and Thornton are 2 of the best players in the NHL.Also Jagr said he wanted to stay in the KHL.

RESIGN PATTY
Go to Top of Page

Jumbo Joe Rocks
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
410 Posts

Posted - 05/30/2010 :  05:55:41  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by irvine

The Sharks do not need to blow the team up, that's for certain. This team is well on its way to a Cup Final. They just need to tweak it during the off season, and do it correctly.

Some have touched on the big three, especially Marleau because he is a UFA.

I'm of the frame of mind, you re-sign Marleau. If you must move one of the big three (Heatley, Marleau, Thornton), It's Thornton.

Jumbo Joe is a highly skilled playmaker, and I am a fan of his. However, he's just too soft. Thornton is the type of guy to me, who doesn't like being hit, doesn't like to give hits, and just expects guys to not touch him, because of his talent.

Joe has all the talent in the world, just not the grit to go with it. He's far too soft.

Heatley - Marleau - XXX (Insert new winger / Center here), as Marleau can play wing or center.

Of course, if you can keep all three while icing a team around them, that's the option you take.

As for Nabokov, i'm all for the Sharks keeping him. However, they can't. Not if they want Marleau, which they do.

There are a ton of UFA (and RFA) goaltenders on the market this season, with talent. And, much, much cheaper. They acquire one of them, keep their current backup, and I see them no less a contender.

It's going to take some work, but if the Sharks can keep the big three, sign the correct goaltender, and find a way to add a little more scoring from their 3rd/4th lines (along with the grit), they are looking good.

Irvine/prez.

This is exactly what Doug Wilson should do for the Sharks if he doesnt get fired.

RESIGN PATTY
Go to Top of Page

Jumbo Joe Rocks
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
410 Posts

Posted - 05/30/2010 :  06:04:01  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by The Duke

Matt you say J.thorthon had the best playoffs of his career ?? what did he have 2 goals ?? How many goals did he have in the olympics ? ....1 maybe... If this is the best playoffs of Joe`s career...god help san jose. This guy is another Matts Sundin, all the tools, but no willingness to use them. Wheres my cheque and my sunglasses ?.....maybe Jumbo Joe should look at some Mike Richards footage.....if he ever has the desire to become a real winner.

Matt meant that he played his best hockey, not point wise.He did play his best in the playoffs.Last year Claude Lemeiux told him ''if you wanna get them to stop saying your weak and dont play your best you will fight Getzlaf right off the opening draw then you will try to score''.Joe did score and fight Getzlaf then people stopped blaming everything on him for the rest of the playoffs,actually just about 5 days.

RESIGN PATTY
Go to Top of Page

Guest1732
( )

Posted - 05/30/2010 :  14:03:15  Reply with Quote
Why not ship heatley and thornton away? Thornton will never be on a cup winner anyway, and heatley just kills his teammates.
Go to Top of Page

Jumbo Joe Rocks
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
410 Posts

Posted - 05/30/2010 :  17:36:10  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Guest1732

Why not ship heatley and thornton away? Thornton will never be on a cup winner anyway, and heatley just kills his teammates.

Thornton will probably win a cup, Heatley does kill or hurt his teammates though.

RESIGN PATTY
Go to Top of Page

Beans15

Canada
8286 Posts

Posted - 05/31/2010 :  10:20:50  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
What is this nonsense about Heatley?? If it's an attempt at an off-color joke, all I can say is not funny.

C'mon. It's about hockey and that's it. Keep the garbage comments to yourself or take them to another site.
Go to Top of Page

Rambo2305
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
546 Posts

Posted - 05/31/2010 :  10:29:09  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Beans15

What is this nonsense about Heatley?? If it's an attempt at an off-color joke, all I can say is not funny.

C'mon. It's about hockey and that's it. Keep the garbage comments to yourself or take them to another site.

I agree, I may not be the biggest Heatley fan...but it's been what, 8 years?

If you want, maybe start another thread about Heatley and go from there :) lol
Go to Top of Page

irvine
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
1315 Posts

Posted - 06/02/2010 :  18:38:03  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Let me begin by saying that referencing Heatley as a 'teammate killer', is simply not funny nor is it very insightful.

We all know what happened, and it was certainly tragic. This is for certain.

However, we also know it was an accident and a life changing mistake, for all parties involved.

Heatley certainly did not mean for the accident to happen, thus is why it's called an accident. IF he could go back in time, i'm sure he would.

In fact, the person calling him a 'teammate killer', should look closely to people around him/her themselves. How many people do you know, have ever been in a car accident? Perhaps the outcome not as serious, but any accident could turn fatal at any time. So before calling him such derogatory names, think about those around you first. As, they may have seriously injured (or even killed), someone on accident while driving a car.

He was not over the legal limit for alcohol (in fact, I don't think alcohol was involved at all), although speed was a factor. But it was two young guys, in a high-speed car, having "fun". A mistake and irresponsible, on both parts.

Had he been driving drunk, my tune would be completely different.

Irvine/prez.
Go to Top of Page

Guest5526
( )

Posted - 06/02/2010 :  22:12:41  Reply with Quote
quote:

RESIGN PATTY

Heatley to Edmonton ??? Are you joking, he wouldn't accept a trade there last year. What makes you so sure he would now!
Go to Top of Page

Rambo2305
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
546 Posts

Posted - 06/03/2010 :  09:04:23  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Guest5526

quote:

RESIGN PATTY

Heatley to Edmonton ??? Are you joking, he wouldn't accept a trade there last year. What makes you so sure he would now!

LOL...the only thing I can think of that might, remotely, possibly...may make Heatley accept a trade to Edmonton, would be Hall going there lol
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page